Coding query: Prism forwarding

1 reply to this topic

#1 Madin

Amateur

• 138 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:59

Right!
so I'd like the Prism towers I have to use an ability similar to the forwarding (linked firing) that they had in RA2.
If it was possible to code it to happen automatically (providing a Prism tower was within range), this would be ideal.

The next best thing I guess would be an ability that allowed for Prism towers to be manually linked.

The preference would be for there to be a visible 'link' beam as well has an 8 Prism limit. I am hoping that the actual Prism tower benefiting from the forwarding, will simply have it's weapon boosted via a attribute modifier, which stacks depending on the number of supporting prisms.

RA3 of course had code that covered this for the spectrum tower, but this code does not exists in C&C3.

The 'AssistedTargetingUpdate' that I assume generals patriots used would not allow for the appearance of each assisting Prism tower linking through each other (at least I would not know how to do it).
The Beam cannons 'ChargeBaseDefense' has some use, but I still don't see how the appearance of the Prisms linking through each other could be done.

Any coding ideas from anyone? I might just have to have a Prism Tower with no forwarding.

#2 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:53

IIRC the Beam Cannons fire at a specific bone on the Obelisk. You will have to do the forwarding manually, but it's possible using that code. Make sure you give the attribute modifier a stacking limit tho, or you get exponentially more OP'd prism towers |8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users