unit/building addition basis

5 replies to this topic

#1 cccdfern

Professional

• 318 posts
  • Projects: FoxMod

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:59

I've been wondering for a very long time as to how we go about adding a new unit properly, I mean so far I've been able to get by through using code that is similar and then just changing the names etc. Trouble is, what to do when the unit is completely unique and has nothing that can be related to what code I already have, namely something that I have a model of and bones for, but nothing to make it go. At some point when I started trying to edit generals I found a file that someone had made, a .ini to be specific, it appeared to be/contain a template of all the ini files that you would use in a mod, I think it also had a template of how to add units/buildings.

So I guess the main reason I'm saying this is that I was wondering if anyone else had come across this or perhaps an equivalent that may be able to point me in the right direction, I'm not asking for someone to make it, just wondering if there is something that I can work off available.
To listen and learn, or contribute and teach.

#2 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:05

This is a list of all the modules used in ZH along with some explanation on what they do.

#3 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 27 April 2011 - 21:41

Well, to my understanding.... they are included in the game D8 (i use FinalBIG).

When you open INIZH, and you have a list of all the INIs, Look for the path "Data\INI\Default\". There you will find your "templates." Everything from; AIData.ini To Webpages.ini is included in there...

Hope that helps 8|

~ :) Genrail <87~

Edited by Genrail, 27 April 2011 - 21:44.

This place still exists?

#4 cccdfern

Professional

• 318 posts
  • Projects: FoxMod

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:20

hmm, ah thanks. now to fix up what I broke in the OCL department
To listen and learn, or contribute and teach.

#5 Acevetren

Visitor

• 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:27

what would cause a newly added units button to be click able but not actually build the unit?

#6 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:50

Most likely you've named something wrong. That is the common issue with commandset and commandbutton ini.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users