New Dog

32 replies to this topic

#26 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:12

Shoot Blalien :P, then train the dog by using dogcookies. Firstly say the command, for example 'sit'. If your dog goes to sit after hearing this command (of course he must not be sitting beforehand), give him the cookie (and say 'well done' or so and stroke him/it). If he does not (which is most likely at the beginning), softly push his back with your hand in a sitting position. Give your dog the cookie after doing so. Now, wait a minute or so (your dog has to be standing again), and say 'sit' again. If he does not sit after hearing your command, push his back again, but not totally to the ground, see if he gets it. If he doesn't, push his back to the ground in a sitting position again, and give the cookie. Repeat this quite a few times, of course after 3 or so cookies, stop, let your dog rest and wait some time before you try again. This takes some days before your dog has learned 'sit' (well usually it does). Today your dog might get the idea, but tomorrow he/it might have forgotten about it.
Also, after your dog can do this, try another, for example 'lay' or 'down' (the dog is supposing to lay down then). Laying down happens from in a sitting position. Say 'sit' first, give him the cookie, then say 'lay' or 'down' (note: do you choose of the two and always use that one) and wait for his response. If he doesn't do the right thing, say it again and softly, with your two hands, take his paws and drag them down so he is in a laying position. Give him the cookie, and say 'good boy' etc. Rewarding must always happen with a word from you, say very happy 'well done' or so. It's the intonation that counts, not the exact words. Stoke him. Also, after saying the command show him the cookie.
After some time, repeat the steps by first saying 'sit' then 'lay/down', and take his paws slowly to the ground if he doesn't get it. Don't move them totally to the ground, but only like half-way, see if he gets it then.
After a while, when he has mastered both commands, mix them up. One time you say 'sit', then he has to sit, another time say 'lay' or 'down' and he has to lay down. Say 'lay' even when he stands. If this all works well, you can teach him something else (but keep doing mix things, else your dog will, after you've said sit 10 times and gave him a reward, going to sit the 11th time when you say 'down'), like 'stay', 'wait', 'seek'. I taught our dog to bark on command :P.
Also, by choosing the word of your command, do not choose two words that rhyme, for example 'lay' and 'bay' (well it doesn't make any sense but you get my point), since for the dog it is very hard to hear the difference.
[/long boring story] I hope this was what you ment, if you have any questions, just ask.

#27 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:47

I was just reading this and I thought it would be fitting. :P
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#28 casojin

Semi-Pro

• 212 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 16:23

Very interesting....I'll try.
Posted Image

Fortune favors the bold.

Posted Image

#29 Blalien

Case Modder

• 410 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 18:42

I still would shoot the dog and buy a cat instead....
Like my cat (spammy yummy and than funny pic's the cat with the beer bottle)

So shoot :minigunner: the dog, poke him :pokes: and buy a cat :P... a cat doesn't have to obey and is really cute etc... :P
Hell is waiting for you

#30 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 18:48

My dog will bite your arse. :P
I like cats AND dogs, something wrong with that :P

Edited by Blaat85, 01 September 2005 - 18:49.

#31 Iamnotamoose

Model making, Guitar playing punk

• 490 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 23:56

the goofed guy who runs this forum, on May 16 2005, 09:06 PM, said:

Damn its a cuty whooooooot soooooooooooo sweety btw ill post pic of our new dog soon  :P  when i get better pictures

Didn't you hate dogs? or were you addicted to cats? :P
Official Forum Lurker

#32 M.E.C.H.

Semi-Pro

• 218 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 18:20

Very nice dog Hunter i have one also (and 6 cats, 10 chickens, 8 rabbits and 10 ducks !!! Im not joking)
Here is my dog :
Posted Image
She is the right one (not the left...)

Edited by M.E.C.H., 11 September 2005 - 18:22.

-------------------MOD LEADER-------------------------
BLUE FIRE MOD- A hot new lvl of gaming
---------------BLUE FIRE MOD STATUS--------------
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link :
http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#33 S@M

Visitor

• 49 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 18:21

I've got a dog too :P .10 months before he was the cutest pupy in the whole world BUT now he is 1 year old and his cute look has go away but i'll post some pics too(when i find them)
BLUE FIRE MOD- A hot new lvl of gaming
---------------BLUE FIRE MOD STATUS--------------
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users