Bands/Songs you hate.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 22 May 2011 - 21:28

The point of this thread is to slate music you dislike, but give better reasons for it than - I dun like it!! Also try to pick genres you actually like, otherwise it's kind of pointless.

I'm not going to list any pop music, that would be to easy, instead I'm going to pick apart a poser metal group known as "Sonic Syndicate" these pretenders are supposedly Melodic Death Metal (Yeah, maybe in their minds...) but are actually pop metal / bad metalcore.

So whats so bad about them? To begin with, their songs employ pop structures and while there is nothing wrong with that in some cases the riffs are just boring generic and lazy, the structure is designed to hook you in, make you listen to it despite hating every second of it. Next we have the lyrics, dear god... they are beyond awful, no imagination, no depth or real meaning just trashy and predictable, examples being - “Fate is kicking down my door / But I don’t live there anymore,” and “Even if we’re a million miles apart / We’re still joined right at the heart.” How sickening is that? Next up we have the production, its been produced like an RnB record essentially, the vocals are overproduced and to loud while the bass on the instruments is removed and the instruments all sound a bit tinny, at times the drums can be heard with that generic breakdown which can be heard in so many other songs It's not even funny, at other times they don't have any presence at all. The vocals themselves employ that horrible half scream that post hardcore bands use along with another guy who does a sort of rap yell (Which is fucking horrible by the way) he also does some clean singing which is overproduced to shit and back again.

But this wouldn't be true poser metal without a horrific music vid in which you want the hurt the smug twats for prancing around like idiots, jumping around like Busted and looking like emo poser kids, all the while swanning around like they own the place. I present to you - Revolution, Baby. - I rest my case.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 22 May 2011 - 21:37.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 22 May 2011 - 22:13

Well, I can't actually think of any song that I hate, because I always see music as subdivised in genres and bands/singers only, not in single songs. However, If I were to pick the worst band I know of, it'd probably be Tokio Hotel.

Their genre is supposedly meant to be rock, but I can't see anything that even resembles rock in their music except for the use of the same instruments (which is not even always the case). Their lyrics, when they are actually longer than 10 lines, do not make any sense whatsoever. And the style of their video clips clearly shows that they're trying to act as some kind of bad boys to attract prepubescent girls. Heck, half of them look as if they were produced by rappers.

Arguably, they're not as horrible as Sonic Syndicate (that's very hard to top anyway), but at least the formers had the decency of hiring a sexy bassist, unlike Tokio Hotel which just has an asexual singer :|

And I'll just leave you with what I consider as one of their worst pieces of crap, not that I've had the misfortune of hearing many of their songs anyway.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#3 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 22:29

From the RnB like " wooooaaaahh " I knew that was going to be terrible.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 13:29

This song is supposed to be Female-Fronted Melodic Death Trance Metal. I'll be damned if I know what the fuck this crap really is.
I think metal and techno should set their differences aside for once, and act together to outlaw such things.

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 13:49

[quote name='CJ' post='858438' date='2 Jun 2011, 14:29']This song is supposed to be Female-Fronted Melodic Death Trance Metal. I'll be damned if I know what the fuck this crap really is.
I think metal and techno should set their differences aside for once, and act together to outlaw such things.

[/quote]

They're Japanese I think, I heard some of their earlier stuff and it wasn't so bad. thats pretty horrific however.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 14:01

I would post what I dislike here but I would be here for several hours typing it all out.

Music is an extremely subjective thing and while hating on other genres is pretty cool and all it's prety counter productive. I know only a single person in real life who listens to the same music as I do, so I tend to mostly keep quiet about musical conversations as most people wouldn't of heard of what I like, and I despise what they like.

Posted Image

#7 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 14:04

Thats why I specifically said try to hate on genres you do like. Theres no point me critiquing rap or pop or rnb. Oh and it doesn't matter if we like your music or not.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 02 June 2011 - 14:05.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 14:10

How can I dislike something in a genre I like?

Genres are sufficiently subdivided these days that it's hard to dislike something in the same genre. If you do dislike it, it's quite likely to be in a different subgenre.

Posted Image

#9 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 14:17

View PostAlias, on 2 Jun 2011, 15:10, said:

Genres are sufficiently subdivided these days that it's hard to dislike something in the same genre. If you do dislike it, it's quite likely to be in a different subgenre.

Maybe so, but I generally find bands I dislike in the genres I do like, just because they're not very good or don't compare to other bands in that genre.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 02 June 2011 - 14:20

View PostAlias, on 2 Jun 2011, 15:10, said:

Very easily, It depends whats considered to be that genre, there needs to be some sort of umbrella genre, otherwise you sub divide the genres so much you end up with a splinter genre for each band |8
For example Darkthrone and Satyricon are considered the same genre, in fact also the same "wave" of the genre yet I cant stand Satyricon and love Darkthrone's stuff.

Anyway, I bet you'll love these guys in that case Ion:

:xD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 14:39

[quote name='Pav:3d' post='858471' date='2 Jun 2011, 15:20']Anyway, I bet you'll love these guys in that case Ion:

|8[/quote]
The only thing as horrible as their [s]music[/s] noise is the instruments they use :|

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 14:52

Dear god, thats worse than Sonic Syndicate.

Thats so bad, It's almost hilarious, without a doubt the worst metal song I've ever heard, though I don't have a clue what subgenre it would fall into.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 02 June 2011 - 14:58.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 15:05

I refuse to consider that as metal. Metal is music, this is not.

#14 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 15:36

View PostCJ, on 2 Jun 2011, 16:05, said:

I refuse to consider that as metal. Metal is music, this is not.

I would call it Sceneposer. Best way I can describe it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users