Game of Thrones

2 replies to this topic

#1 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 13:12

Just more out of curiosity than anything else, who here has seen (or even heard of) Game of Thrones? I have consistently heard excellent things about the show, and have just finished making my way through the first episode. Suffice to say that I am totally hooked by the premise, the production value, and the acting apparent. I honestly don't recall the last time that I watched an hour-long TV episode, and didn't even notice the time flying by. It's that good. I will probably post more reactions here as time goes by, but I am very much looking forward to what the rest of the season entails. Considering the first one had just about everything you can imagine in, and didn't shy away from the source material (which suggests that you do give your sister away to earn favours, that you do push children out of windows, and that, in meeting someone's daughter for the first time, you ask if they have 'bled yet').

All-in-all, a series I'd thoroughly recommend. No wonder HBO picked it up for a second season within days of the premiere episode of the first season airing... :xD:
For there can be no death without life.

#2 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 13:48

As it happens, I am an avid fan of the book series it is based on (called A Song of Ice and Fire) and as such I had been anticipating the TV series a LOT. Suffice to say I've already seen the entire first season |8 .

Personally I think they filmed it fantastically. They did the great complexity of the characters in the book justice in the series, which is quite hard to do. To be honest, though I can easily follow everything that's going on in the series since I have read the books, I can imagine other people not being able to catch up so well, as it's obvious they had to go over some details quite fast due to time constraints.

I really love the series though. They're making a second season, though as far as I'm aware, there is no airing date for this so far.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 20:46

Wasn't overly taken with the first episode and really have had to force myself to watch the rest. Production values are high, but I don't rate the acting at all. I suspect the books are much better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users