Important Info about your EA/BioWare Account

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:49

If you have recently received an e-mail from "Aaryn Flynn GM BioWare", then it is true: hackers broke into BioWare's servers.

If your forum account is tied to your game account, which for most people I imagine is the case, then you will be required to change your password as your old one will not work within these games.

In light of these recent hacks, I have removed my [stored] credit card details from my accounts. I would advise everyone else to do the same.

We recently learned that hackers gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare server system supporting the Neverwinter Nights forums. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers’ data and launched a thorough ongoing evaluation of the breach. We have determined that no credit card data was compromised from the servers, nor did we ever have or store sensitive data like social security numbers. Our investigation shows that information such as user names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, names, phone numbers, CD keys and birth dates from these forum accounts on the system may have been compromised, as well as other information (if any) that you may have associated with your EA Account. In an abundance of caution, we have changed your password to ensure account security. Please visit this <link removed> to reset your password immediately.

If your link has expired, click here to generate a new email.

We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. If your username, email address and/or password on your EA account are similar to those you use on other sites, we recommend changing the password at those sites as well. We advise all of our fans to always be aware of any suspicious emails or account activity and report any suspicious emails and account activity to Customer Support at 1-877-357-6007.

If you have questions, please visit our FAQ at http://support.ea.co...tail/a_id/5367/ or contact Customer Support at the phone number above.

Aaryn Flynn
Studio GM, BioWare Edmonton
VP, Electronic Arts

#2 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:31

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.
This is getting a TAD annoying, I didnt think EA could get their stuff compromised.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 14:37

Wait, does this include EA accounts or just Bioware ones? I had to make one for DS2.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users