Question: MoH - BF3 Beta Access

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jinzor

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 148 posts
  • Projects: 2142 Northern Excursion Mod

Posted 30 June 2011 - 23:08

Right, so Medal of Honor is at a 66% discount on Steam right now, £6.80. It says that, if I were to buy it, I would be able to gain a BF3 Beta key for the September beta (I am REALLY looking forward to BF3, can't wait to play it). I have no real interest in MoH, I've seen gameplay videos and heard/looked through so much negative feedback on the game. But... here is my question:

Is it a good idea to get that (crappy) Medal of Honor game for a cheap price (£6.80) just to gain access to the BF3 September beta? Or would you guys just wait for the actual game and then play it? I don't think I will ever really get into MoH judging by all the stuff I've seen from it.

I'm just thinking of buying MoH at discount, I mean £6.80 is nothing, and who knows, maybe MoH could be fun. I'm only judging the game based on what other people have said about it, I've never actually played the game for myself.

So yeah, what do you think? Is that a good idea or not?

(I'll reply in the afternoon tomorrow)

Edited by Jinzor, 01 July 2011 - 11:56.

Posted Image

Steam: Jinz
X-Fire: jinrenegade

#2 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:17

I have the limited edition which I pre-ordered, from my experience the SP is a little different, has some cod copy moments, but its a bit different. If you start to compare it with MW directly, then you won't enjoy it. Its pretty good on its own.

The MP is pretty generic, but might be worth ago. As for the BF3 beta, I am sure they will have an open beta a few weeks after the closed beta for LE users.

#3 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:45

I'm actually wondering, since I ->HAD<- a copy of the Limited Edition and did REGISTER the key, but traded the game in later, does that mean I get a free beta 8|

#4 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:50

I wouldnt worry about buying it, there will be beta keys floating around (there were loads for MoH, they were giving them away left right and center by the end of it) Im sure since its such a team based game as well as being EA's game of the year theyll want A LOT of feedback.

But knowing you're such a huge BF fan I think you will end up buying it just to be sure, as I will probably do 8|

edit: I also made the same mistake as Admiral 8|

Edited by Pav:3d, 01 July 2011 - 10:51.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:00

I heard that the September beta for BF3 is open, or has that changed?

Posted Image

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:00

View PostPav:3d, on 1 Jul 2011, 11:50, said:

(there were loads for MoH, they were giving them away left right and center by the end of it)
Don't you think that was because it was so rubbish that they were desperate?

#7 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:44

Please stop supporting these marketing strategies. This reminds me of when people bought Worms Reloaded just to get a Team Fortress 2 hat...

Don't do it. They will most likely have an open beta, anyway.

Edited by Stinger, 01 July 2011 - 11:44.

#8 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:28

View PostWizard, on 1 Jul 2011, 12:00, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 1 Jul 2011, 11:50, said:

(there were loads for MoH, they were giving them away left right and center by the end of it)
Don't you think that was because it was so rubbish that they were desperate?

Maybe, the beta in itself was quite good, its a shame that it didnt expand on it in the slightest.

View PostStinger, on 1 Jul 2011, 12:44, said:

Please stop supporting these marketing strategies. This reminds me of when people bought Worms Reloaded just to get a Team Fortress 2 hat...

Don't do it. They will most likely have an open beta, anyway.

Im under no illusion as to why theyre doing this, its just that I have been waiting many many years for a BF3.

Also the hat example is ludicrous, I will never understand TF2.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users