The Great Car Make Poll

51 replies to this topic

Poll: The Great Car Make Poll (15 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favourite make of car?

1. Alfa Romeo (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Audi (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Bentley (0 votes [0.00%])

4. BMW (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

5. Buick (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Chevrolet (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

7. Chrysler (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Citroen (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Daihatsu (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Dodge (2 votes [5.00%])

11. Ferrari (2 votes [5.00%])

12. Ford (3 votes [7.50%])

13. Holden/Opel/Vauxhall (1 votes [2.50%])

14. Honda (2 votes [5.00%])

15. Hyundai (1 votes [2.50%])

16. Jaguar (2 votes [5.00%])

17. Kia (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Lamborghini (2 votes [5.00%])

19. Lancia (0 votes [0.00%])

20. Land Rover (1 votes [2.50%])

21. Lexus (0 votes [0.00%])

22. Lotus (1 votes [2.50%])

23. Maserati (0 votes [0.00%])

24. Mazda (1 votes [2.50%])

25. Mercedes-Benz (2 votes [5.00%])

26. Mitsubishi (1 votes [2.50%])

27. Nissan (3 votes [7.50%])

28. Peugeot (0 votes [0.00%])

29. Porsche (1 votes [2.50%])

30. Renault (0 votes [0.00%])

31. Rolls Royce (0 votes [0.00%])

32. Saab (1 votes [2.50%])

33. SEAT (0 votes [0.00%])

34. Skoda (0 votes [0.00%])

35. Subaru (3 votes [7.50%])

36. Suzuki (0 votes [0.00%])

37. Toyota (2 votes [5.00%])

38. TVR (0 votes [0.00%])

39. Volkswagen (1 votes [2.50%])

40. Volvo (0 votes [0.00%])

41. Acura (0 votes [0.00%])

42. Bugatti (0 votes [0.00%])

43. Cadillac (0 votes [0.00%])

44. GM (1 votes [2.50%])

45. Infiniti (0 votes [0.00%])

46. Isuzu (0 votes [0.00%])

47. Jeep (0 votes [0.00%])

48. Leyland/Rover (0 votes [0.00%])

49. Mini (0 votes [0.00%])

50. Other (1 votes [2.50%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:18

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 16:54, said:

View PostChyros, on 19 Jul 2011, 0:39, said:

View PostWizard, on 18 Jul 2011, 16:09, said:

View PostChyros, on 18 Jul 2011, 14:43, said:

Can you seriously say you don't think it looks fantastic though? Also, you should see last week's Top Gear review on it, which is quite good. I've had the Evoque in my sights for quite a while so naturally I was most pleased that they did a review on it.

And besides that, what's not cool about a Range Rover, Discovery or Freelander? 8|

I can seriously say that the Evoque does not look fantastic. Really. It's a WAG's car and always will be. The fact that is was reviewed by May suggests that it's not exactly stellar. 8|
Gah! First of all, not only May reviewed it, and second, what the hell does it matter anyway? ;) It works brilliantly off-road, it's tough, quiet, very economical, the ride is outstanding even on very rough terrain, a very good interior and in the opinion of quite a huge amount of people it looks stunning. There's a year-long waiting list for it and it's only getting fantastic reviews everywhere I look.
It looks like a square dildo.
Why would off-road performance matter to you, there's no such thing as off-road in the Netherlands. :xD:
If you want something for off-road just buy an old Land Cruiser.

Compact 4WDs are the worst type of car to ever exist, at least at the consumer level. There is absolutely no bloody reason to use them as a road car as there are far better road cars, and if you are serious about off-roading there's far better off-road cars. The whole middle aged mum who drives one 'for safety' just absolutely sickens me.

/endrant
Oh true, I'd definitely not drive it across rough terrain because as you say, there is no rough terrain in the Netherlands and the roads are all excellent. That's why I wouldn't buy the 4WD version, but the 2WD version instead. Being capable of heavy off-roading like a Range Rover does mean the car is very well built. And it's a hybrid that does up to 35 km/h 100% on electrical power making it very economical even in the city, so environmentalists can fuck off too :xD: . I just love the way it looks and it's mechanically outstanding in every single way and it's even economical. I want it :xD: .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:30

View PostChyros, on 19 Jul 2011, 1:18, said:

Oh true, I'd definitely not drive it across rough terrain because as you say, there is no rough terrain in the Netherlands and the roads are all excellent. That's why I wouldn't buy the 4WD version, but the 2WD version instead. Being capable of heavy off-roading like a Range Rover does mean the car is very well built. And it's a hybrid that does up to 35 km/h 100% on electrical power making it very economical even in the city, so environmentalists can fuck off too :xD: . I just love the way it looks and it's mechanically outstanding in every single way and it's even economical. I want it :xD: .
I mean 4WD in the body sense, what you silly people call an SUV. Except this isn't an SUV/4WD, it's a road car pretending to be something like that which is utterly stupid.

There are far better and more efficient cars for the road than this piece of garbage. The only time it would be even barely acceptable would be if you were a 40 year old woman with 5 kids, but in that case buy a van. There's certain types of cars made to do certain types of things. One of them trying to do them all and failing miserably at all of them is not what I'd call a good car by any measure of the means.

I respect proper Land Rovers as off-road vehicles, but this is not a proper Land Rover, it's as Wiz says, for women with rich husbands whose vanity outweighs good taste.

Posted Image

#28 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:38

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 17:30, said:

I respect proper Land Rovers as off-road vehicles, but this is not a proper Land Rover
Have you even SEEN the off-road tests for it? It performs marvellously off-road.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:43

This is off-road:
Posted Image

This is not off-road:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 15:54

It drove 150 km through Death Valley. I'd call that off-roading :xD: . Also it's able to ford water better than any Land Rover in existence because its air intake is in the roof.

Edited by Chyros, 18 July 2011 - 15:55.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 16:04

I doubt that.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 16:14

:xD:

Okay, any STANDARD Land Rover in existence 8| .

Anyway regardless of how well it would ford water and whatnot I still want it :xD: .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 19:55

Allow me to start with the topic at hand and work from there:

My favourite automobile manufacturer is Subaru, by a country mile. The way the company conducts itself, the automobiles in its current line up, as well as the adverts it puts out have cemented Subaru as my all time favourite. That being said, I do not own my absolute favourite Subaru, which is the WRX STi 5-door. I do, however, own a very nice 2009 Legacy, which, if I might add, is utterly brilliant to drive and own. My family has owned a few Subarus, and as it has been stated before, they run just about forever and take whatever you can throw at them.

The list of runner-ups is rather long, so please excuse the length (though it should be noted that the following list is more about individual cars than manufacturers). In no particular order, here we go:

Jeep, most notably the Wrangler. The Wrangler is unquestionably American, even if parts of it come from other countries. That's a small price for Jeep's signature model, which has been around since the 1940's, well, the basic design has been. First penned by Bantam during World War II, the US government accepted Bantam's design of a light, personnel vehicle capable of rapid off-road transport. However, Bantam couldn't meet the production demands, so the contract was then given to Ford and Chrysler, who together, pumped out ten's of thousands of the venerable and lovable little Jeep. After the war, returning G.I.'s bought them in droves, using them from the mundane grocery-getter, to farm work. The Jeep, with it's tiny "Go Devil" four cylinder proved that being rough and ready didn't have to mean complicated and overly engineered. Today the same basic formula exists in the JK platform of the Wrangler. The Chrysler corporation updates the Wrangler ever so much without changing the essentials, and, in my honest opinion, that's what keeps the Wrangler selling like hot cakes.

From the early 90's all the way up until two years ago, Dodge (under Chrysler LLC) made a rather raw sports car named the Viper. It was powered by an enormous V-10 engine that some said sounded like a farm engine. Me, I just think it sounded vicious. It was low, wide and could blow the doors off any other sports car of its day. Power rose from 400hp in the 90's to over 500 near the end of its production cycle. It was made in two main forms, a removable hardtop version dubbed the RT-10, and a coupe version dubbed the GT-S. In true sports car fashion, it was only ever built with one transmission, a Tremec 6-speed manual. From its styling to its performance, the Viper was loud, raw, raucous, and drop dead gorgeous. Of course, the $80k price tag has kept me from owning one, but that doesn't mean I can't dream.

Some say that Porsches are for silly businessmen who have no imagination. Others claim that Porsches are a pure driver's car. Me, I just have a soft-spot for the Cayman S, 997 911 Carrera, and the Cayenne Turbo S (yeah, say what you wish, but that exhaust note is music to my ears). Honestly, I couldn't care less what the nay-sayers have to voice about Porsche. I like them, even if the Carrera does seem like a glorified Beetle. Let's be honest, the company, Porsche, was founded by Ferdinand Porsche's son after WWII. It only makes sense then, that Porsche's main production model, the 911, share a resemblance to VW's oldest model, the Beetle. That all aside, having sat in a 911, I can only say that the seats are simply marvelous. It's not unlike sitting in a baseball glove. One's backside is coddled and held in place by the thin, yet superbly bolstered seats. All the controls were where they should be and operated with a measure of intuitiveness. My wallet would likely walk out on me if I were ever serious of buying a Porsche, though my practical side would make a stand, saying that a Porsche is a car that could be used every day.

Maserati has been around for ages, and as such, it has crafted a nice little niche for itself. As far as Italians go, Maserati was, at one point, owned by Ferrari, a manufacturer that goes without introduction. Under Ferrari's management, Maserati turned up a four door saloon that has been stuck in my mind ever since, the Quattroporte. Translate it into English and it literally means "four doors", but let's be honest, it sounds so much more seductive in Italian. It can be configured in many, many different ways, so many in fact, that you can easily spend the better part of a day sifting through colour combinations. According to Jeremy Clarkson, the Quattroporte is "definitely going to Heaven."

Maserati isn't the only Italian automaker on my list of favourites. Lamborghini had quite the humble beginning, with farm tractors being its main product, Lamborghini went to Ferrari and suggested he start making his cars more durable and reliable. Enzo Ferrari scoffed at this, a farm tractor manufacturer telling him how to make his sports cars. So, Lamborghini made his own. Fast forward to today, where Lamborghini is now under the Volkswagen tent, and you'll find a blithering array of techno gadgets underpinning the Lambo of today. However, Lambo has managed to keep its soul intact, which is a good thing, since the soul of the car, is what helps to make a Lamborghini, a Lamborghini. The rest of it is being flashy, and the Aventador, as well as the Countach and Diablo before it, have flash in spades. Angles, angles, and more angles, from whatever direction you chose to view the car, the Aventador is about as angular as anything on the road today. What's more, the Aventador has an exhaust note to die for.

As far as honourable mentions go, here's the short list:

1970 Buick GSX
1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda
Bugatti Veyron Supersport
Land Rover Discovery and Defender 90
Bentley Continental GT and Mulsanne

View PostChyros, on 18 Jul 2011, 11:54, said:

It drove 150 km through Death Valley. I'd call that off-roading :xD: . Also it's able to ford water better than any Land Rover in existence because its air intake is in the roof.

I'd hardly count driving through Death Valley as "off-road". Sounds more like hot weather testing to me. Don't try to tell me the Evoque's air intake is on the roof. Don't be silly. Only Jeep's, FJ40's, and Discoveries/Defender 90's with snorkels have the intake "on the roof". The Evoque is too sleek to have what you are suggesting mate.

Edit: Having the intake between the bonnet and roof does not make it "on the roof". All that makes it is elevated, and pretty much, all that means is that the intake (filter and air inlet hole) are above the top of the engine. Yes, I am aware the Death Valley is quite a bit more than just fine ground sand. Come on, I live in the United States (even took some Geography courses while I was at it). There's a fair bit of rock and rocky outcrops to go along with the sand and dried up rivers/lakes. Here's a bit you didn't mention: Death Valley represents the farthest below sea level you can go in the United States. Still, the bit where May tried to scale a rocky portion with all season tires is ridiculous. He wasn't going any further than he did without a transfer case, a proper 4WD system (and there is a difference between AWD and 4WD) and proper off-road tires.

Edited by Sgt. Nuker, 18 July 2011 - 22:28.

Posted Image

#34 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 18 July 2011 - 20:08

If I were in the market to buy my own car now, it would be the new Ford Focus. It is priced decently and performs reasonably enough. Even the rest of the Ford lineup is pretty good. Fiesta, Fusion, Taurus, even the Mustang (wouldn't get one but it's better than the competition IMO)

Not to mention it looks pretty as far as hatches go. Once I want to move up the scale, I would easily vote for Audi. Their newest additions to the lineup are stunning and their interiors are way up there with the best. My dream car is an A5. Unfortunately it costs $70k here. Bye bye dream. Unless Dad buys it for himself :xD:.

Finally, when I do grow up, there is ONE car that I will be guaranteed to buy for weekend drives. That is Lotus. I would love to drive such a sprightly car as the Elise. Or even the Evora or the Esprit.
Posted Image

#35 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 21:47

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 18 Jul 2011, 21:55, said:

I'd hardly count driving through Death Valley as "off-road". Sounds more like hot weather testing to me. Don't try to tell me the Evoque's air intake is on the roof. Don't be silly. Only Jeep's, FJ40's, and Discoveries/Defender 90's with snorkels have the intake "on the roof". The Evoque is too sleek to have what you are suggesting mate.

It's apparently divided among the top of the bonnet and the roof. I quote:

Typical Land Rover design traits designed to improve off-road performance and practicality included the command driving position, hill descent control and good approach and departure angles. A Land Rover first was the air intake being integrated into the roof to offer exceptional wading capabilities.

http://theexperience.ning.com/page/land-ro...perience-drives
http://avaxnews.com/...ver_Evoque.html
http://www.overdrive.in/story-first_drive-...es-41942-0.html etc.

Also, Death Valley is not just a desert (though fine sand is notoriously hard to drive around on). I'm going to drop this now and tell everybody who wants to comment on the Evoque to first watch this first because frankly I'm getting rather tired defending a point that no-one seems willing to investigate :xD: .

View PostFrom 18 Jul 2011, 22:08:

Finally, when I do grow up, there is ONE car that I will be guaranteed to buy for weekend drives. That is Lotus. I would love to drive such a sprightly car as the Elise. Or even the Evora or the Esprit.
Ah, Lotus. For some reason they always remind me of Koenigsegg. From what I've heard they are ridiculously overpriced, but they have this natural charm and appeal about them, don't they? :xD:
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:21

View PostGhostrider, on 18 Jul 2011, 21:16, said:

View PostRaven, on 18 Jul 2011, 7:39, said:

BMW - For its driving experience and build quality.

2nd choice would be Ferrari if I could ever want one just because of their performance and brand recognition.

Great minds think alike my good sir. :xD:

I own a '96 BMW and must say I am hooked. Hardly any problems over the years, no cancer, and still runs like the ultimate driving machine. I'm not winning races in it, but for a daily driver it's tremendous.

Exactly :xD:.

Sorry for going off topic, but this thread made me curious about people's likeness for cramming tech into cars. How many of you like the new computer controlled stuff on modern card. I mean traction control, radar guided cruise control, suspension etc..basically replacing or enhancing old school mechanical engineering solutions with electronics.

I myself like the newer techy stuff, however, I know full well that they are harder to fix and make the machine more complex which is a huge downside for an automobile used for daily running.

#37 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:17

Sorry to say it Chyros but I'm with Wiz and Alias in my feelings about the spaceship, it's ugly. Of course vehicle preference is very personal. 8|

View PostRaven, on 18 Jul 2011, 23:21, said:

View PostGhostrider, on 18 Jul 2011, 21:16, said:

View PostRaven, on 18 Jul 2011, 7:39, said:

BMW - For its driving experience and build quality.

2nd choice would be Ferrari if I could ever want one just because of their performance and brand recognition.

Great minds think alike my good sir. :xD:

I own a '96 BMW and must say I am hooked. Hardly any problems over the years, no cancer, and still runs like the ultimate driving machine. I'm not winning races in it, but for a daily driver it's tremendous.

Exactly :xD:.

Sorry for going off topic, but this thread made me curious about people's likeness for cramming tech into cars. How many of you like the new computer controlled stuff on modern card. I mean traction control, radar guided cruise control, suspension etc..basically replacing or enhancing old school mechanical engineering solutions with electronics.

I myself like the newer techy stuff, however, I know full well that they are harder to fix and make the machine more complex which is a huge downside for an automobile used for daily running.

Technology is good, but as someone that works on my car regularly, I hate how crammed the engine compartments of cars are getting these days.
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#38 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:58

So far German and Japanese seem to dominate the boards. Not much of a surprise there :xD: . What IS a little surprising is that there's no Lexus votes so far, while Lexus tends to do extremely well in polls like this. I'm wondering if anyone here has driven a Lexus because I'm kind of wondering how much is true of their reputation.

View PostRaven, on 19 Jul 2011, 5:21, said:

I have no experience at all with them, since the only cars I've ever driven are a Peugeot 307 (lesson car & mum's car), a Citroen C2 (my dad's car) and a 25-year old Mercedes 190E (my car) and of course none of those is sophisticated enough to be very electronic :xD: . From what I see on reviews though I think electronics can be very good. They can make your ride more comfortable, more powerful, easier to handle and faster. For all it's worth, I don't really mind not spinning out at every other corner 8| .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:42

View PostChyros, on 19 Jul 2011, 9:58, said:

So far German and Japanese seem to dominate the boards. Not much of a surprise there :xD: . What IS a little surprising is that there's no Lexus votes so far, while Lexus tends to do extremely well in polls like this. I'm wondering if anyone here has driven a Lexus because I'm kind of wondering how much is true of their reputation.
I haven't owned one, for reasons that I will elaborate shortly, but I have driven a few. The IS200 being the principle model I have experience with. For the most part, a solid chasis supports an exceptionally well built car and I am not aware of many problems with the model, the one I have driven only ever went into be serviced, never failed at all (as should be typical of a Toyota). The interior was horrible though. Too dark and cluttered and no where near the refinement you'd expect of a car built to rival the other luxury saloons (3, C and A4 series). The drive was comfortable but lacked decent power in comparison to others imo. But I'd never own one for the absolute lunacy of the servicing. 1st year service was like GBP 800 ex VAT without bits. Ridiculous imo.

Lexus should stick to making huge sofa's on wheels to rival the Jag and Rolls tbh. The few I've been in have been fantastic, if slightly fugly.

#40 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:49

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 23:30, said:

View PostChyros, on 19 Jul 2011, 1:18, said:

Oh true, I'd definitely not drive it across rough terrain because as you say, there is no rough terrain in the Netherlands and the roads are all excellent. That's why I wouldn't buy the 4WD version, but the 2WD version instead. Being capable of heavy off-roading like a Range Rover does mean the car is very well built. And it's a hybrid that does up to 35 km/h 100% on electrical power making it very economical even in the city, so environmentalists can fuck off too :xD: . I just love the way it looks and it's mechanically outstanding in every single way and it's even economical. I want it ;) .
I mean 4WD in the body sense, what you silly people call an SUV. Except this isn't an SUV/4WD, it's a road car pretending to be something like that which is utterly stupid.

There are far better and more efficient cars for the road than this piece of garbage. The only time it would be even barely acceptable would be if you were a 40 year old woman with 5 kids, but in that case buy a van. There's certain types of cars made to do certain types of things. One of them trying to do them all and failing miserably at all of them is not what I'd call a good car by any measure of the means.

I respect proper Land Rovers as off-road vehicles, but this is not a proper Land Rover, it's as Wiz says, for women with rich husbands whose vanity outweighs good taste.

That and their not very strong in the roll over department!

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 23:43, said:

This is not off-road:
Posted Image

Ahhahahaaha I have driven my ute over harsher terrain http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s347/ge...10/DSC01010.jpg Even though the shit quality doesn't make it look so.

View PostChyros, on 18 Jul 2011, 23:54, said:

Driving across flat hard sand isn't off-roading Chyros 8|

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#41 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:57

I think we can leave the off-road/Evoque debate alone now, please.

#42 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:23

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention these cars as some of my favourites:

Hyundai Genesis (sedan and coupé)
Mini Cooper (original)
Jaguar E-Type
Volvo C70, XC90, S60 R
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 and Tuscan Speed 6
Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS and 300SL Gullwing

As a whole, and, if I'm honest, Hyundai is actually my second favourite auto manufacturer. They've come a long way over a relatively short amount of time, and with the Genesis sedan, Equus, and brand new Sonata, Hyundai has taken dead aim at Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, and BMW. My parents have owned a few Hyundais as well, which has created a sort of soft spot for me.

Speaking of Lexus, what's the big deal behind them? I'm nit asking out of ignorance, but more out of the fact that Lexus is basically a polished Toyota. The same is true for Acura and Infiniti, which are the "luxury" branches of Honda and Nissan, respectively. I've sat in the IS-F, and the RX330, as well as the GS sedan, and I can't quite pin-point anything
that makes Lexus so special outside of fit and finish. If you ask me, the ES saloon is a fluffed up Camry

Edited by Sgt. Nuker, 19 July 2011 - 16:04.

Posted Image

#43 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:49

AM General might have an eye for off-roading vehicles.
Posted Image

#44 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 13:07

AM General did have an eye for literal off-roaring, but the General died a while back. GM bought rights to the Hummer nameplate and took it downhill faster than gravity could have ever pulled it.

Edited by Sgt. Nuker, 19 July 2011 - 13:10.

Posted Image

#45 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:19

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 19 Jul 2011, 21:07, said:

AM General did have an eye for literal off-roaring, but the General died a while back. GM bought rights to the Hummer nameplate and took it downhill faster than gravity could have ever pulled it.

Speaking of Hummers i watched Top Gear last night and i want a Marauder!!!

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#46 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:54

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 20 Jul 2011, 10:19, said:

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 19 Jul 2011, 21:07, said:

Speaking of Hummers i watched Top Gear last night and i want a Marauder!!!
Yeah when I saw that thing I already thought you'd want one 8| . Hope you can cough up 300,000 pounds :xD: . Let alone the fuel is consumes :xD: .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 22:27

View PostChyros, on 18 July 2011 - 21:47, said:

QUOTE (Scope @ 18 Jul 2011, 22:08)
Ah, Lotus. For some reason they always remind me of Koenigsegg. From what I've heard they are ridiculously overpriced, but they have this natural charm and appeal about them, don't they? style_emoticons/default/bigsmile.gif

Well they aren't RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. But they aren't cheap. About the same price as a Porsche Cayman I think.
Posted Image

#48 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:34

View PostScope, on 01 August 2011 - 22:27, said:

Ah, Lotus. For some reason they always remind me of Koenigsegg. From what I've heard they are ridiculously overpriced, but they have this natural charm and appeal about them, don't they? style_emoticons/default/bigsmile.gif

Well they aren't RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. But they aren't cheap. About the same price as a Porsche Cayman I think.

I remember the Evora going for that price.
And EVERYTHING that isn't a locally made car is overpriced here. I think it was 150% import tax :)
RM1.1 million for a Porsche 911! The horror!

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#49 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 13:32

What I mean is that they're overpriced for the performance you get. Apparently some cheaper cars shit all over it.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 21:11

View PostChyros, on 03 August 2011 - 13:32, said:

What I mean is that they're overpriced for the performance you get. Apparently some cheaper cars shit all over it.

Well I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find something as agile at the very least. Indeed, the power could be better, but the Evora exists for that reason.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users