Limbo

4 replies to this topic

#1 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:30

Whose been playing this? I decided to get the PC version of this instead of the PS3 and I am damn surprised at how good it is. It is simple yet engrossing. So far the puzzles did not give me too much trouble. The art direction is totally cool and something to applaud and I can see why it won so many awards.

#2 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 04 August 2011 - 16:41

I've played it on xbox 360, nice little game but overpriced. It's not got any replayability and for £6.99 you really don't get much playtime.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 17:42

Ya i've already come to the half way point i think.

#4 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 18:57

I was pretty impressed with the demo; I wish there were more games like this.

However, that being said, I don't think I'd get much enjoyment out of it, so I haven't bothered buying it.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#5 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:36

I finally got around to playing this today, probably took me around four to five hours.

For $10, that's a pretty decent bargain to be honest.
I was reluctant to buy it because everyone was saying it was way too short, to be honest I think it took exactly the amount of time it needed, similar to the first Portal. If it went for much longer I think some of the appeal would be lost.

The puzzles, particularly in the later stages are very well done. Whoever designed them is a modern day genius. The atmosphere is particularly good as well.

I pretty much liked everything about it bar the quite abrupt ending (which mind you, was done quite well).

Around a 9-9.5/10, while it doesn't particularly make any huge new steps for platformers, it does very well with what it uses.

Edited by Alias, 21 August 2011 - 08:38.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users