2 replies to this topic

#1 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:48

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-14488634

Well I hope they do it justice, it has been some of the most consistent intelligent TV of my lifetime. It was originally thought it would end last series, so I guess we should be thankful. I don't get why it's being axed though to be honest, the ratings and critical reception it got where overwhelmingly positive. Unless the creators feel that it has run it's course, which may be the case.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 19:35

As much as I wished this wouldn't be the case, it was obviously going to come to this. As somebody put it a while back: 'There are only so many terrorist groups, extremists, and other such causes that want to bomb England. Spooks has by now probably done them all'. And tbh I do agree, and we're now at a stage in Spooks' life that most of the characters we have been made to care about are dead, or have left for some reason. Only Harry and Ruth remain, and if their story is successfully resolved then that's it. The emotional investment in others is non-existent, and you'll have a bunch of people we don't care about too much fighting the same wars they fought 5/10 years ago. I don't want to let it go, but I think this season may prove to stretch it to its limits. Harry can only go on fighting for so long. If they end it with him, it will tie it all up nicely methinks.
For there can be no death without life.

#3 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 August 2011 - 19:59

Indeed, then becomes the question what replaces it? Hopefully something of similar merit instead of some banal shit like "Watch an idiot shit in his own house" I have hope though, this is the BBC, not CH4 :xD:
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users