Club music - the essential tracks

What gets YOU going?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:03

So, clubs. What kind of music do you think they should play in the one where you go? And more specifically, which specific tracks do you think should be played at any club or equivalent event?

Now of course, what you might want to hear at a club or party with friends can be completely different from what you listen to every day. And as the Romans used to say, de gustibus non disputandum (i.e. to each his own). But if you had to pick a bunch of tracks that you think should be played, place them here. Bring out your favourite tracks and darkest guilty pleasures! :xD:

Personally I like rock, hard rock, dance, house and if it's very well-made, techno. I once made a list of such tracks that work for me:

2Unlimited - NO LIMIT
3 Doors Down - KRYPTONITE
Bega, Lou - MAMBO NUMBER FIVE
Blur - SONG 2
Bomfunk MC's - FREESTYLER
Bon Jovi - IT'S MY LIFE
Chumbawamba - TUBTHUMPING
Cooper, Alice - POISON
Cranberries, the - ZOMBIE
Faithless - WE COME ONE
Fatboy Slim - ROCKAFELLER SKANK
Fratellis, the - CHELSEA DAGGER
Fun Loving Criminals, the - SCOOBY SNACKS
Gigi d'Agostino - L'AMOUR TOUJOURS
Greenday - HOLIDAY
House of Pain - JUMP AROUND
Jet - ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL
Kaiser Chiefs - I PREDICT A RIOT
Liquido - NARCOTIC
Muse - UPRISING
Nirvana - LITHIUM
Offspring, the - PRETTY FLY (FOR A WHITE GUY)
Presley, Elvis - A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION (Junkie XL Remix)
Prodigy, the - INVADERS MUST DIE
Prodigy, the - SMACK MY BITCH UP
Rage Against the Machine - KILLING IN THE NAME OF
Rudolph, Kevin - LET IT ROCK ft. Lil' Wayne
Sash! - ECUADOR
Spiderbait - BLACK BETTY
U2 - ELEVATION
U2 - VERTIGO

(I tried to minimise the amount of tracks per artist because otherwise I could've just given the discographies of Nirvana, The Offspring, Fatboy Slim, The Prodigy and U2 :D ) .

Bring us yours!
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:18

I can't stand conventional clubs.

I'm one of those old fashioned people who likes to sit and chat over a beer rather than unleash an ocean of sweat on the dancefloor.

I normally visit the jazz 'club' (which is really just a pub with lots of live jazz) over anything else. No specifics really, live improv jazz is the best imo.

Posted Image

#3 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:03

View PostAlias, on 14 August 2011 - 11:18, said:

I can't stand conventional clubs.

I'm one of those old fashioned people who likes to sit and chat over a beer rather than unleash an ocean of sweat on the dancefloor.

Do you also wear a monocle and top hat, old chum?
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#4 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 14 August 2011 - 13:51

I can only go clubbing if pre drunk, otherwise I just hate every second of it. If I do go though theres a few simple rules . No techno, no RnB, no rap, dubstep can go die in a fire repeatedly and no just general noise / atypical club music.

I like stuff you can sing along to, like Living on a Prayer for instance. I guess I like the older music more because it isn't complete shite. The club I was at the other night had several floors, so if one floor was playing crap music I could just switch.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 August 2011 - 15:00

Oh chyros cmon, arent you sick of 99% of that list? How many times can you jump around to jump around before you want to saw your own legs off?

I used to love hearing those songs in clubs (in regards to that its a great list) with the "OH SHIT I KNOW THIS!" *runs* moment, but after hearing them for years upon years I just got sick of them.

Id love to go to a club where they play songs of every major genre, not just rnb rock n pop but all of them. Just to see how people would dance to something theyve never heard of would be great.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 17:27

View PostPav:3d, on 14 August 2011 - 15:00, said:

Oh chyros cmon, arent you sick of 99% of that list? How many times can you jump around to jump around before you want to saw your own legs off?
Meh, I don't get to hear most of them in normal day-to-day life and I only go clubbing once every two weeks or something. The rest of the time we have fun elsewhere and in other ways. When we do go clubbing the music makes for a nice change, and I can jump around quite a lot (as you have probably noticed most of the music is rather jump-y :P ). Besides, I'm one of those crazy people who can listen the same track practically all day long 8| . Music doesn't easily bore me 8| .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users