3 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 23:10

Posted Image

It has been ten years since the World Trade Center buildings were struck by planes and collapsed, killing thousands. Ten years since the Pentagon was struck. Ten years since passengers aboard Flight 93 thwarted hijackers and crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Ten years since hundreds of firefighters and policemen (and women) rushed to give aide when others ran out. Ten years since a war on terror was proclaimed. May the memory of those who bravely and selflessly gave everything so that others might survive never be lost. May those serving in our armed forces who have lost their lives never be forgotten.

Take a moment to honour the fallen and those still serving.

Where were you on September 11, 2001?
Posted Image

#2 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 23:19

Salute and a moment of silence to the brave people onboard Flight 93, the civil workers, everyone at Ground Zero. I was still a 7-year old kid back then, I saw it on television, it clearly lingers in my mind. I didn't understand the scope of this back then. It's been a decade. We've come far.
Posted Image

#3 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:09

I respect the dead in America, along with those who risked their lives to save others.

However, for every single innocent American who died on September 11, fifty innocent Middle Eastern civilians have died in the absurd foreign policy that the West has pursued in the last decade partly as a result.

Posted Image

#4 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 22:04

Where was I?

I was at boarding school, and I didn't even know it had happened until the morning of the 12th, they thought it would be better to keep it away from us all (as you do...)

I have a great respect for anyone who died as a direct result of these events, many were patriotic and self-sacrificing, and showed the true spirit of man. I have more respect, and greater pity, for all of those who have died as a result of the aftermath, whether foreign or nationals. My views on Afghanistan/Iraq are something I would not wish to share on a page commemorating the dead.
For there can be no death without life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users