←  General Discussion and Introductions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Rugby World Cup 2011

Raven's Photo Raven 14 Sep 2011

Well I didn't see a thread for this and the search function returned me an error. So thought of starting a new Topic.

Who do you support this time? I am an All Blacks fan so I would supporting the ABs all the way. My secondary choices are the under dogs, including the Irish, Welsh and the Pumas.

So far the matches have been really entertaining and there were some really close games. This is shaping up to be an awesome tournament.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 14 Sep 2011

Honestly not that much of a Rugby fan enough to pay attention. Ofc I'll support England but I am not going to lose too much sleep if we don't perform.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 14 Sep 2011

Ah, rugby, the sport most resembling open war and gladiatorial combat while still being legal 8) . I almost never watch it, though.

I find it more interesting than football :P. I used to play a little during my school years also. I guess its a hate or love type of sport :)

Alias's Photo Alias 14 Sep 2011

Wallabies/Springboks to win.

All Blacks and the Poms will choke in the finals.

ABs usually choke in the WCs so I guess that's a very high possibility.

Libains's Photo Libains 15 Sep 2011

Sorry, but it has to be England all the way. We've had our nervy start to the series, I can only see us doing better and better :P

Alias's Photo Alias 02 Oct 2011

Going to be an interesting set of finals to say the least. All Europe in one set, all Southern Hemisphere in the other.

Raven's Photo Raven 03 Oct 2011

Ireland vs Wales would be a really good game. ABs have suffered the Carter blow and I doubt they would make it past the semis. I think England is very lucky with their match ups. They are avoiding the inform teams until the semi's at least. They would easily get past France IMO.

I really think Ireland deserves to be in the finals because they are playing brilliantly.

Alias's Photo Alias 09 Oct 2011

Wales, France, Australia and New Zealand in the semi-finals.

The Kiwis will be a tough nut to crack for us even with their penchant for choking, winning trans-Tasman games are far more important to them than anything else.

Wales has put on a really good show though, hope they outlast France. Australia-Wales final will be the closest we'll get to beating the Poms. D8

Raven's Photo Raven 09 Oct 2011

Well I watched todays Wallaby vs Boks 2nd Half. It was so damn good. I guess you were all nervous. Even a neutral like I felt total excitement. I thought Boks would win because of their dominance. Also at one point the Wallabies had made 100 tackles Boks' 34 which was unbelievable.

Given how NZ struggled today (I heard did not watch the match) I guess Wallabies have very good chance.

I sure do Hope the Welsh can come to the finals.

Raven's Photo Raven 15 Oct 2011

Another great match and wales go out. I was hoping that the Welsh could come in to the finals. Its highly likely that Aus would meet the french in the finals.

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Oct 2011

All Blacks edged out the Wallabies.

France vs New Zealand final
Wales vs Australia for third place

CJ's Photo CJ 16 Oct 2011

How the hell did France get to the finals without Chabal? *Confused*

Raven's Photo Raven 18 Oct 2011

All the All blacks' defence was impressive, they could have had more points if they had a better kicker. Surprisingly weepu was out of touch which would be a concern in the finals. It would be the mother of all shockers if the ABs lost the finals.

Contrastingly I expect another close encounter between Wales and Wallabies for the 3rd place play off.