Speed Runs

14 replies to this topic

#1 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 16:13

What speed runs have you guys done of games? What are you most proud of? If you have any vids of your own speed runs show em here.

I managed to speed run Resident Evil Zero in just under two hours back when I could only afford games once a year :P
Recently raced through Deus Ex:HR in 6 hours in one sitting (I had no internet), and earning the pacifist achievement along too.

What about you guys?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 16:27

Amdrial used to do some pretty good speed runs of L4D, most of the time leaving the whole team behind :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 16:49

View PostTheDR, on 14 September 2011 - 16:27, said:

Amdrial used to do some pretty good speed runs of L4D, most of the time leaving the whole team behind :P

Those weren't technically speed runs, per say, he's just getting there first so he can shut the door in your face.
You almost did, didn't you?

#4 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 17:05

Some silly internet game called Free Runner I think, I even posted a challenge in here.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#5 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 17:38

Y'know I've never done one :P

#6 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 18:02

You're missing out wizard, there is something very rewarding about burning through a game you know like the back of your hand :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:43

I've played COD like that........and might want to try ME2 if I can find the time.

Oh and I almost forgot. I was pretty good @ finishing the original Wolf 3-D

Edited by Raven, 15 September 2011 - 02:44.

#8 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:23

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I did speed runs on Z. I won most matches within a few minutes.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:16

The only thing I've attempted to speedrun was Goldeneye. Still took me something like 1.5/2 hours. Record is well under 1 hour.

Posted Image

#10 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:57

Was that on Agent? And under an hour, wow :o Need to watch that.,

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:11

Yeah, I just did it on Agent.

This guy did it on 00 Agent in 47 minutes.
http://www.gametrail...run-47-24/45430

Posted Image

#12 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 15 September 2011 - 16:51

The first time I heard of Speedruns was with Doom1/2. Never tried it though, as I fail to see how it is funny to finish a game asap :P
Posted Image

#13 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 18:19

I don't really see the fun in it either, unless if the game is timebased, or if you're watching someone else doing it. Watching the HL speedrun is insane. mostly because of the sheer planning and trial-and-error those guys must've gone through..

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:28

I always enjoyed watching Quake speedruns, because those were absolutely insane. If you played normally, you'd spend 5 minutes on a level or something and some guy does it in 0:34 or whatever :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:35

View PostChyros, on 16 September 2011 - 06:28, said:

I always enjoyed watching Quake speedruns, because those were absolutely insane. If you played normally, you'd spend 5 minutes on a level or something and some guy does it in 0:34 or whatever :P .
Yeah, that's the same case with the Goldeneye ones. The world record (if you go by adding the best times on each level together) is around a whopping 20 minutes for the entirety of Goldeneye on the easiest setting, and around 30 minutes for the it on the hardest setting.

This is a game if you were playing regularly would fill at least 3-4 hours depending on how good you are.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users