Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

2 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 23:39

http://www.youtube.c...E&feature=feedf

^Full trailer. Anyone getting this game on PS3?

The pros that I like about this game is the new dogfight/Close Range Assault system that Project Aces employed, which really makes it much more thrilling, since you can now observe and chase the enemy at extremely close distances, while also attempting to avoid other planes that plan to do the same to you. Also worth noting is the addition of destruction; though it definitely won't be nearly as complete as Battlefield, it still feels much better to be able to see the planes and the environment disintegrate instead of being completely static.

However, the aforementioned CRA may not appeal the most to veteran AC series players, and with the addition of the CoD-style plane health regeneration... this is turning into an aerial CoD of sorts.

So, what are your opinions on this game? The demo's out on PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace, FYI.

#2 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:19

Although they have used AC name for the title, it does not number it making sure that it is a departure from the previous games. I played the demo on PS3 and I feel that it is a bit too codified. The helicopter mission is a total disaster IMO and I didn't even finish the demo mission cos I was disappointed with it. On the other hand the jet fighter mission was fun, but I doubt it would be fun over a whole campaign. This is a game that should not be CODified. AC always had it soul somewhere else. Especially in the story telling department. I still rank the AC4s campaign as one of the most moving parts of a campaign I have played.

They seem to have done this on purpose as a test to see whether the crowds would mass around it. I hope they don't so that they would go back to making games on the old formula

#3 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:30

View PostRaven, on 17 September 2011 - 03:19, said:

Although they have used AC name for the title, it does not number it making sure that it is a departure from the previous games. I played the demo on PS3 and I feel that it is a bit too codified. The helicopter mission is a total disaster IMO and I didn't even finish the demo mission cos I was disappointed with it. On the other hand the jet fighter mission was fun, but I doubt it would be fun over a whole campaign. This is a game that should not be CODified. AC always had it soul somewhere else. Especially in the story telling department. I still rank the AC4s campaign as one of the most moving parts of a campaign I have played.

They seem to have done this on purpose as a test to see whether the crowds would mass around it. I hope they don't so that they would go back to making games on the old formula

That, sir, is what I think. AC =/= CoD, and it should stay so. (I loved AC5, but except that... didn't play any other before that, and AC6 was good, but just doesn't hold as much as place as AC5 for me.)

However, not numbering it may also mean that they are trying out a new formula and/or to appeal to more audience; if they could take the best of both worlds, and start re-doing conflicts in Strangereal, I would be happy. If they're no longer making more Strangereal games... I guess I'll just keep my PS2 and start playing AC5 again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users