Computer Shopping

9 replies to this topic

#1 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:48

So, thinking of upgrading my Mac to something a little more... PC-y

Am currently looking at this configuration here: http://www.cyberpowe....aspx?id=340525

If anyone could suggest any options I may have breezed over/otherwise, and in turn could suggest ways in which to reduce the price a bit (no skimping on the GFX/RAM though) then I'd also appreciate it though. There is however, a condition, and any suggestions need to be made in the next 8hrs or so, as this is when the deal on the GTX 570 runs out, and I'd kind of like one of those.

Cheers in advance folks 8|
For there can be no death without life.

#2 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:00

Have you ever thought of build one yourself? Its pretty easy and satisfying, not to say you are going to save a brunch.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#3 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:08

I have actually genuinely considered doing so, but I think what with my third year coming up, and dissertations to be written, societies to be run, etc, I might genuinely struggle for time, so I've had to rule that one out.

#4 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:34

it really doesn't take that long. buying and receiving the pieces will take the longest but the actual assembly is just a matter of hours. there's not much you can do wrong.
it's time to wake up

#5 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 13:18

>clip RAM into slot
>OH MY GOD I AM A GOD AMONG MEN

Posted Image

#6 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 14:06

The longest part of computer building is waiting for parts and installing software. With win7, the installing shouldn't be as time consuming as it used to be either.

#7 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 15:15

View PostWanderer, on 19 September 2011 - 14:06, said:

The longest part of computer building is waiting for parts and installing software. With win7, the installing shouldn't be as time consuming as it used to be either.

That there is the problem, I'm not at home at all these days, and my letterbox is about the size of a mobile phone. I don't have time to hang around every day and wait for the postie to bring me bits 8|

#8 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 16:54

Why pay more for the case? If you're getting post Mac then be more functional and buy some named RAM, seriously worth the investment.

#9 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 17:11

buy some named RAM, seriously worth the investment.

slightly off-topic but is this really the case? i've always wondered if there was any noticeable difference.
it's time to wake up

#10 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 17:35

View PostDauth, on 19 September 2011 - 16:54, said:

Why pay more for the case? If you're getting post Mac then be more functional and buy some named RAM, seriously worth the investment.

Duly noted and altered. Note, I still like the case so I kept that 8|

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users