New computer is acting oddly.

2 replies to this topic

#1 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 18:10

My new PC seems to be havign a rather weird problem.

When I tried to launch Cryostasis Sleep of Reason, Steam did the thing it usually do when you're about to play a game for the first time, the "Installing DirectX component etc.", then the "Playing Cryostasis" tab popped up underneath my username and then nothing, the tab vanished and my username turned back to normal, this just kept happening, and restarting steam and my computer, and confirming the cache didn't seem to help. DNF was already installed by the IT guy we got to look at it due to some hardware issues. And that one seemed to be working fine. Figuring it was just a problem with Cryostasis, I installed Space Marine, and after a very long patch download, I tried playing that too, however, just as the game launches (Right in the middle of the THQ intro), the game shuts down instantly.

I'm using a TV-screen for it, and the resolution seems to be fucked, can't get rid of huge borders all around it either. Could this be the problem?

I'm not sure if the IT guy remembered to download the proper Drivers, But I think he did. Anyone know what the problem is?

Edited by SquigPie, 12 November 2011 - 18:15.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#2 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 23:55

UPDATE: Bioshock 2 works fine. Found out the problem with SM, seemed that it had failed to download a couple of files, so steam downloaded them and now it runs fine.

Still no idea what to do with Cryostasis though, might have to redownload.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#3 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:37

Try backing up the cryostasis folder. Delete the original folder in steam, copy it back. Then try to verify cache integrity. It fixed an issue with my MW3 multiplayer launch when the game is not available error came. It might work in your case too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users