Generals loading error

2 replies to this topic

#1 Zocom7

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 17:06

I am getting an error loading Generals after I modified some INIs extracted from INI.big and then use the modified INI.big.

Posted Image

Not sure if this is a bug, but there is one thing. Is the size of "INI.big" cannot be changed due to this? When I edited some huge files like FactionBuilding.ini and FactionUnit.ini using Notepad++ the files sizes changed and it affects when re-creating the INI.big file with FinalBIG.

#2 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 18:45

You've made a coding error. Start worldbuilder with the modified inis enabled and it will give you an error report similar to TW's compiler.
Note that you don't have to modify the actual .bigs in Generals, the game features an override feature - if you place a file in the same relative folder it would have in the big, it will override the one in the big. For example, if you place FactionUnit.ini in "...\Command and Conquer Generals\Data\INI\Object\" it will override the default one.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#3 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:26

run the worldbuilder for quick debugging. it should tell you what's wrong in your coding (at most cases).
also avoid to modify the .BIG file. better pack them into your own BIG file or let the INI files cluttered in your Data/INI/ folder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users