Kim Jong Il dead

11 replies to this topic

#1 GDIZOCOM

Amateur

• 104 posts
  • Projects: Something

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:24

Not sure if you've heard but Kim Jong Il died today according to state TV.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:10

Hmm...Mubarak's gone down, Gadhafi's dead, and now Kim Jung Il's dead... bad year for dictators, which might(?) be a good thing.

#3 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:18

the successor is the one who is addicted to gaming right. Wonder whether he'll launch a nuke after playing cod or launch a US invasion after playing homefront :P

#4 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:27

Do we even know anything about his successor? Wasn't it something about that we haven't seen him in over a decade.

Still, North Korea is a black spot on the earth, we need to do something about it. The only reason we haven't done anything yet is because it isn't in anyone's interest. South Korea and China don't want to figure out what to do with 10 million North Korean refugees, China's border-regions around North Korea are unstable, and they already have the largest population in the world. South Korea's economy is in a very important stage, and they don't want to end up in a much worse version of the Germany Situation, where the one half of the country has to take care of the other half.

Edited by SquigPie, 19 December 2011 - 08:32.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#5 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:53

Actually, the South has been the biggest donator of Foreign Aid to the North in recent years. So you could suggest they are supporting it already (give or take a few military incidents in the last 2 years).

I have a feeling that China will have a very large part to play in the next 3-5. With Kim Jong-un being hugely inexperienced, the Generals will likely run the country, and they have been hugely influenced by China since the 50s. Will be interesting times in that part of the world for a while. Especially as the South haven't been very conciliatory since the "Cheonan".

#6 GDIZOCOM

Amateur

• 104 posts
  • Projects: Something

Posted 20 December 2011 - 13:01

Have you guys seen how the citizens react? This mass hysteria always happens every time their leader dies.

Edited by GDIZOCOM, 20 December 2011 - 13:02.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 13:38

View PostGDIZOCOM, on 20 December 2011 - 13:01, said:

Have you guys seen how the citizens react? This mass hysteria always happens every time their leader dies.
That's because they've been brainwashed. It's very, very sad the degree that the Kim personality cult permeates North Korean culture - they just don't know better.

Posted Image

#8 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 14:53

What Alias said, seriously. North Korea is the closest thing the real world have to Oceania.

Edited by SquigPie, 20 December 2011 - 14:59.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#9 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 20 December 2011 - 18:43

This news made my week. I say it's due time for a celebration! I'll put on the dance music.

http://youtu.be/vbrII7frHV0

Posted Image

Me wonders if his son will turn NKorea into like, the Terran Dominion or something. En Taro Kim Jong-Il! |8
Formerly Sobek

#10 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 20 December 2011 - 23:05

A bad year for dictators indeed, I wonder who's next on the list... 8|

Posted Image

Edited by CJ, 20 December 2011 - 23:05.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#11 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 23:34

View PostAlias, on 20 December 2011 - 13:38, said:

View PostGDIZOCOM, on 20 December 2011 - 13:01, said:

That's because they've been brainwashed. It's very, very sad the degree that the Kim personality cult permeates North Korean culture - they just don't know better.

That is quiet true.

#12 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:36

http://www.reuters.c...E7BL1LJ20111222
25 seconds of silence. Not worth it in my opinion.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users