Living up to the forum name

9 replies to this topic

#1 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:06

Posted Image
Talk to any truck driver and he will say "No matter how experienced you are you WILL drop a trailer at some point in your driving carreer"
Last night i did just that! But mine was no ordanary drop, It wasnt a depot drop or a hookup yard fuck up. Mine was a lot more serious, My trailer drop happened at highway speeds for which it makes it so unique!

To drop a trailer envolves the king pin not being incerted into the jaws correctly on the turn table so that the jaws them self dont close and lock, So as soon at the truck drives forward the trailer remains still and it fall off. Now for a road train to travel 50 kilometers with open jaws on a dolly converter is logically impossible! So its a case of mechanical failure or the king pin wasn't the correct size for the dolly or maybe some other unforseen consequences.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#2 Encrypted

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:32

Was it loaded at the time D:? Either way it would have taken a decent length of road to bring it to a hault. At least from the picture the road doesnt appear to be a busy one, could have happened at a worse time :).

Edited by Encrypted, 18 January 2012 - 08:32.

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:33

Major, you are jinxed. Give up driving now..... :/

#4 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:39

View PostEncrypted, on 18 January 2012 - 08:32, said:

Was it loaded at the time D:? Either way it would have taken a decent length of road to bring it to a hault. At least from the picture the road doesnt appear to be a busy one, could have happened at a worse time :).

Yeah it was fully loaded which surprised me when it hit the road it didn fall over or take out a power pole just behind it :xD:
Where it ended up is the best result one could possibly ask for because it only needed to be turned a little to get a truck under it and it got taken back to the yard.

View PostWizard, on 18 January 2012 - 08:33, said:

Major, you are jinxed. Give up driving now..... :/

Well i got fired so im looking at some new for a while....I was thinking about joining up as a fire fighter or driving local because im sick of road trains now.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#5 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:59

You got fired AGAIN? Oo

Oh well, think of it this way; at least you went out with a BANG! :xD:
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:13

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 18 January 2012 - 08:39, said:

Well i got fired
For a mechanical failure? A little harsh, no?

#7 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:22

Not a little harsh, without evidence that it was fuckup's fault, totally illegal too...
For there can be no death without life.

#8 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:06

View PostAJ, on 18 January 2012 - 09:22, said:

Not a little harsh, without evidence that it was fuckup's fault, totally illegal too...

I know but with out money for a solicitor and a lot of spare time to persure there not much i can do about it.

View PostChyros, on 18 January 2012 - 08:59, said:

You got fired AGAIN? Oo

Oh well, think of it this way; at least you went out with a BANG! :xD:

More of a horrible thud and grinding noise :xD:

#9 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:20

I think you know that I was being a tiny bit sacrastic :P

Major, do you not have something like a Citizen's Advice Bureau in Oz? Or, for another example, No Win, No Fee solicitors? Pretty sure someone would take the case on. The alternative is to write your former employers a letter stating that you consider that they have terminated your employment illegally and that you intend to take remedial action immediately unless you suitably compensated. Sometimes a threat is good enough to kick them into doing something.

#10 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:24

View PostWizard, on 18 January 2012 - 10:20, said:

I think you know that I was being a tiny bit sacrastic :P

Major, do you not have something like a Citizen's Advice Bureau in Oz? Or, for another example, No Win, No Fee solicitors? Pretty sure someone would take the case on. The alternative is to write your former employers a letter stating that you consider that they have terminated your employment illegally and that you intend to take remedial action immediately unless you suitably compensated. Sometimes a threat is good enough to kick them into doing something.

Yeah im pretty sure there is but i can't remeber what they are called but i have my union, the Transport Workers Union to stick it to him but their solicitor's are busy at the moment so there's not much to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users