#26 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:51

View PostAlias, on 20 January 2012 - 11:45, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 20 January 2012 - 07:52, said:

View PostChyros, on 20 January 2012 - 07:25, said:

Not unexpectedly though, knowing Blizzard :xD: . That's what I like about them though; Blizzard seem to be the only game developers left that NEVER compromise on quality. Only the very best will do, and I'm content with waiting if it will show in the final product.

Except for writing

SC2 had the most horribly cliche writing I've ever seen. And some really retarded plot turns to boot.

Ugh, one of the conversations was so bad it made my mind shut down and reboot:

"Tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now!"

"Because I can give you (DRAMATIC TURN) what you always wanted!"
To be honest games have always had a lower standard of writing than other mediums, primarily because it is further and further away from writing itself.

When the poets started, the storytellers complained.
When the novelists started, the poets complained.
When the playrights started, the novelists complained.
When the composers started, the playrights complained.
When the screenwriters started, the composers complained.
When the video game writers started, the screenwriters complained.

Ad nauseam.

Yeah, but it kinda saddens me, especially since Blizzard used to have rather well-written games, the original Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft 3 for instance. But Chris Metzen got too happy with his formulaic "Bad guys turn out to be good, but had been corrupted by even badder villains" thing, it worked decently with the Horde in Wc3, but seriously, THE FUCKING ZERG!? His love for cliche's also seems to have grown about 500%.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#27 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:58

C'est la vie.

Posted Image

#28 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:06

View PostAlias, on 20 January 2012 - 11:58, said:

C'est la vie.

Hey, hey now! No need to start the french :P

Edited by SquigPie, 20 January 2012 - 12:06.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users