Mod News and Recommendation Thread

Mods News Recommendation

2 replies to this topic

#1 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:27

Thought I might as well make a Mod General thread.

I'll start out with one for all the Heroes of Might and Magic fans in here. Horn of the Abyss, an unofficial fan expansion to HoMM III, has just seen its first release. And thus it marks itself as the very first HoMM III mod to actually add an entirely new faction, the pirate/marine creature based Cove. Sadly, the current release is in russian, so non-slavs will have to wait until an english version is released.

http://www.heroesofm...andmagic.com/#1

http://heroescommuni...98&pagenumber=1

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#2 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:51

I have to say it looks absolutely great, and it's fantastic people are still modding a game as great (but old) as HoMM 3. :D However, the release of that Russian version was months ago and there still isn't an English version as far as I can see - is the English version really under development?
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:56

View PostChyros, on 05 March 2012 - 09:51, said:

I have to say it looks absolutely great, and it's fantastic people are still modding a game as great (but old) as HoMM 3. :D However, the release of that Russian version was months ago and there still isn't an English version as far as I can see - is the English version really under development?

Well, I hope so.

The Heroes 3 modding scene is really weird. It's composed entirely of russians. And they always bicker internally. Half the mods are killed off because the teams can't stop arguing.

Bastion for instance, awesome looking Egyptian themed castle, died when it was 80% done, when one of the members decided that he wanted to leave, and then he told the others that they couldn't keep all the stuff he made.

Edited by SquigPie, 05 March 2012 - 11:21.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users