Do you smoke?

31 replies to this topic

Poll: Smoking (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you smoke?

1. yes (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

2. no (20 votes [86.96%])

Percentage of vote: 86.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:13

I never try somke since I was 19 or 20. Many older people always said "Don't try smoke".

#27 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 15:01

Nope, don't smoke. Parents do though, and I really want to buy a gas mask to filter the second hand smoke out. Here in the army, there's even smoke breaks occasionally for smokers..............ehh.
Posted Image

#28 Generalcamo

Casual

• 78 posts
  • Projects: None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:57

Considering I break them in half when I get one..no.
Supporter of Stalin

#29 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:20

No, not just because I'm underage for it, but this really.

View PostAJ, on 21 March 2012 - 14:31, said:

Filthy habit, and cannot get my head around the idea.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#30 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 22 March 2012 - 11:46, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 22 March 2012 - 11:10, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 22 March 2012 - 10:47, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 21 March 2012 - 19:45, said:

Interesting observation I have made. My friends at home who are generally more working class either smoke/smoked or smoke when alcohol is involved. None of my university friends touch the stuff, and they're generally more middle class.

Thats cause the working class work their fucking arses off and suffer more stress mental and physical than the rich cunts above us!
In my work place its only me and the boss who don't smoke.

Thats a rather narrow view to take on things, did it never cross your mind that alot of the "richer" people earned it? Sure, some didn't. But likewise theres alot of unemployed benefit scroungers who smoke. They're certainly not suffering mental/physical stress.

Earned it as in having rich parents who put them into good school/college where they get all the attention, help they can get to become accredited on what they want because they have the wealth to pissfart around perusing hobby's and other interests and not having any bills to worry about, no need to budget or stress out about paying rent. They don't sit awake at night uncertain about their future because his or hers parents can bail them out. Ion do you know what it feels like to be unemployed? Only getting enough money from the government to keep the lights on and the water running?
I spent a year unemployed, waking up late every day and jumping straight on the booze to deal with depression, depression caused by flood of emails from potential employers every day saying they require some one with experience or simply lying that the position is filled. Do you know how that shit feels? To sit infront of a computer all day slamming resumes away with no result, you feel like the biggest worthless piece of shit. I can see how the weaker minded people living in some dank suburb can turn into smoking, drinking and drugs to escape or slightly alter reality and their emotion even if its short lasted.

Do you think all middle class people get into private schools paid for by their parents? I certainly didn't. My parents also can't and won't bail me out anyway, and I have sat awake for many a night worrying about my future among other things. I admit I don't know what it feels like to be unemployed, because I have always been in education with a part time job here or there.

As for depression, I know what that feels like believe me, but I never turned to drink or drugs.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:57

View PostIon Cannon!, on 27 March 2012 - 12:39, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 22 March 2012 - 11:46, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 22 March 2012 - 11:10, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 22 March 2012 - 10:47, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 21 March 2012 - 19:45, said:

Interesting observation I have made. My friends at home who are generally more working class either smoke/smoked or smoke when alcohol is involved. None of my university friends touch the stuff, and they're generally more middle class.

Thats cause the working class work their fucking arses off and suffer more stress mental and physical than the rich cunts above us!
In my work place its only me and the boss who don't smoke.

Thats a rather narrow view to take on things, did it never cross your mind that alot of the "richer" people earned it? Sure, some didn't. But likewise theres alot of unemployed benefit scroungers who smoke. They're certainly not suffering mental/physical stress.

Earned it as in having rich parents who put them into good school/college where they get all the attention, help they can get to become accredited on what they want because they have the wealth to pissfart around perusing hobby's and other interests and not having any bills to worry about, no need to budget or stress out about paying rent. They don't sit awake at night uncertain about their future because his or hers parents can bail them out. Ion do you know what it feels like to be unemployed? Only getting enough money from the government to keep the lights on and the water running?
I spent a year unemployed, waking up late every day and jumping straight on the booze to deal with depression, depression caused by flood of emails from potential employers every day saying they require some one with experience or simply lying that the position is filled. Do you know how that shit feels? To sit infront of a computer all day slamming resumes away with no result, you feel like the biggest worthless piece of shit. I can see how the weaker minded people living in some dank suburb can turn into smoking, drinking and drugs to escape or slightly alter reality and their emotion even if its short lasted.

Do you think all middle class people get into private schools paid for by their parents? I certainly didn't. My parents also can't and won't bail me out anyway, and I have sat awake for many a night worrying about my future among other things. I admit I don't know what it feels like to be unemployed, because I have always been in education with a part time job here or there.

As for depression, I know what that feels like believe me, but I never turned to drink or drugs.

Well you would be one of the lucky ones who kept the body and mind occupied Ion.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#32 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:16

I smoke. Started a year before enlisting in the army. And it served well as a bonding tool when socializing. Turns out that lots of peoPle smoke here in Singapore and even more so in the army.
I don't particularly care what other people think of it but I won't go out of my way to show them that. If I know you don't like the smoke, I won't stand near you or I'll stand downwind and blow the smoke away from you. But if you choose to stand in the path of the smoke after I've already moved away, then you forfeit all rights to complaint in my view.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users