12 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 20:25

So my Origin account was just stolen.
Some asshole by the email "yanivbf3@gmail.com" hacked into my account, and stole it, changed the email to that one. I just got an email that my origin email was successfully changed to that.

And the EA support site is down. Any ideas? I have BF3 on that.

#2 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 09 May 2012 - 20:48

It's not down.
https://help.ea.com/ works for me.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#3 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 21:16

It's back up now.

I'm talking to support, and they need my date of birth to confirm that I am in fact who I claim to be. I don't know what date I entered >.<

Lucky guess...I did get my date of birth right by guessing what I may have entered xD

Got it back.

Locky please.

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 09 May 2012 - 21:45.

#4 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:38

Is it simple as that? I mean was that your secret question?

#5 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:14

No, you need to give them your Origin ID, a CD key of one of your origin games and the date of birth you entered...and they'll give you the account. A stupid safety policty imho.

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:39

View PostSgt. Rho, on 09 May 2012 - 21:16, said:

Lucky guess...I did get my date of birth right by guessing what I may have entered xD

You could've, y'know, used your actual birthday? :/

#7 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:51

View PostWizard, on 10 May 2012 - 12:39, said:

View PostSgt. Rho, on 09 May 2012 - 21:16, said:

You could've, y'know, used your actual birthday? :/
Pretty much my thoughts.

I mean honestly, if it's something you're putting money into you may as well put in the correct details.

If it's some random website hounding you for information, by all means insert fake data, but not for anything where money is involved.

Posted Image

#8 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:57

I wasn't 18 when I created the account, and didn't want restrictions...so I entered an earlier date of birth.

#9 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 18:19

I'm surprised they actually allowed it to happen in the first place. As it happens, someone tried to hijack my gmail account while I was sleeping this night, but Google denied the login as it was from Japan instead of the Netherlands, and notified me of the attempt immediately, so I changed my password. I'm charmed to see Google safeguards us so well, but I'm surprised Origin doesn't have something comparable installed.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:31

View PostChyros, on 10 May 2012 - 18:19, said:

I'm surprised they actually allowed it to happen in the first place. As it happens, someone tried to hijack my gmail account while I was sleeping this night, but Google denied the login as it was from Japan instead of the Netherlands, and notified me of the attempt immediately, so I changed my password. I'm charmed to see Google safeguards us so well, but I'm surprised Origin doesn't have something comparable installed.

Even a incompetent hacker can easily spoof an IP to bypass that stupid Google "protection".

#11 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 20:47

View PostCJ, on 10 May 2012 - 19:31, said:

Even a incompetent hacker can easily spoof an IP to bypass that stupid Google "protection".
It's worked, I wouldn't call it "stupid" :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 21:33

View PostChyros, on 10 May 2012 - 20:47, said:

View PostCJ, on 10 May 2012 - 19:31, said:

It's worked, I wouldn't call it "stupid" :P .

Yeah, it might have worked, but it's still stupid, luckily for you, the hacker (or probably the kiddo who tried to enter a random pw there) was stupid too :P

#13 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:50

Asking for the CD key is kinda lame. But when you don't have access to your origin account, is there way to get your cd keys? I think they send the key's in the mail also, but if the mail is also hacked then you are done for I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users