Manual Deploy Button

3 replies to this topic

#1 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:04

Just wondering if it is possible to make a commandbutton that causes the unit to manually deploy. I'm making an infantry unit that has the ability similar to the GIs in RA. Except they also go stealth and they are revealed when firing. Their weapon also is more accurate when deployed.

Is this possible? Anyone tried?
Posted Image

#2 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:39

use RiderContain module (like the GLA Combat Cycle).
first, make two dummy object for the unit's "dummy rider", make one of them have stealth module.
make two dummy weapon, each have fire OCL that spawn the dummy object inside the infantry unit.
on the unit, make two different weaponset, each weaponset will have the actual weapon and one for switching the "rider".
make sure the unit have two different locomotors (one for undeployed on SET_NORMAL, and one for deployed on SET_SLUGGISH)
modify the RiderContain module as intended (see Combat Cycle gun and suicide mode for reference).
then put the "switch buttons" on the unit commandset that's actually a FIRE_WEAPON button that fires the dummy weapon.

if you're confused by reading this, check ShockWave mod's GLA AT Gun Placement for example.

#3 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 16:41

Ok, thanks. I will look into it once I've got the art done.
Posted Image

#4 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 18:41

This is the only method that will work, but there will be some problems with veterancy.
Since your soldier is basically a "walking combat bike", all gained XP will go to it's rider (a dummy unit). When you deploy all XP is gone. AFAIK there are some workarounds, like an individual Rider/Button/commandset for each veterancy level, but I never tried it out and IIRC it's not 100% bug free. If veterancy is not that important for you, it should work fine.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users