2 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:36

So yeah, I've returned from the dead to annoy you lot with a silly question :P

For my mod I want to mix some anims from different infantry into 1 soldier. Here's the general idea:
-skeleton/model/most anims from Ranger
-moving/firing anims from Burton
-idle anims from UN Soldier

I've made it so far that I've rigged the Ranger (done it a couple of times before, and finally getting the drill), but I can't get the anims from Burton or the UN Soldier to work. Of course, it won't work because the skeletons are different, so the bones will align wrong and you get very funky animations.

My question is: how do you merge anims and skeletons? Or am I doing the extremely difficult way and is there a much simpler way of doing this?
Posted Image

#2 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:46

there's two ways:

1. make several SKN files for your infantry, each exported using different SKL files. INI coding will do the rest.

2. pick the intended animation file(s) that using different skeleton, compare it with your primarily used skeleton. if there are bones with different names, change them. if there are excess/lack of bones, remove/add them. export the new animation file (use the new SKL this time).

#3 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 10 August 2012 - 14:25

View Postn5p29, on 10 August 2012 - 12:46, said:

there's two ways:

1. make several SKN files for your infantry, each exported using different SKL files. INI coding will do the rest.

2. pick the intended animation file(s) that using different skeleton, compare it with your primarily used skeleton. if there are bones with different names, change them. if there are excess/lack of bones, remove/add them. export the new animation file (use the new SKL this time).

I think I'll go for methode 1 then. I already suspected that such a way excisted, but wasn't sure. Cheers for the reply :)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users