Windows Vista Problem

6 replies to this topic

#1 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:00

Well we have all heard and saw how awsome windows vista is but i have read some stuff that is really getting me a bit worried

Firstly there are 6 flavours of windows vista starting from
Windows Vista Crap edition and ending at Windows Vista Ultimate

As a poweruser there are a lot of problem.
There are way too many security pop ups.
you cant access some folders even as a root admin
then it is a memory hog while this is not a problem initially but after a few months there will be way too many services running and that might cause major problems for low end machine.

Although i belive this is a sincere effort from MS to give us a goo product, they might be borrowing a little too much from how linux security works.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#2 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:04

yea it's always the same story with new MS OS's i remember windows xp.
That one was a huge f*ck up untill 3 years later they had enough patches and updates to make it a decent operating system.

And then they made the mistake with service pack 2 realy annoying too as soon as you have no firewall or virus scanner it starts annoying you with security problems i meant wtf ??!?! i can manage my security myself i don't need a stupid peice of software to tell me what to do :pnd:
Posted Image

#3 killua

Amateur

• 112 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:44

you can disable that........

POTP try a linux distro. It will save you around 300 dollar. maybe even more!!! (and besides it is better secured and it has allot of support.)
Posted Image

#4 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 08 June 2006 - 13:55

I already save $300. :pnd:

And i tried ubuntu. had major driver problems and even setting up something as the boot sequence was a pain in the ass. Also getting my net connection up, getting a media player up, a cd burner up. its way too much hassle. windows xp home edition with no patchs what so ever and it works for me.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#5 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 08 June 2006 - 13:58

killua, on 8 Jun 2006, 13:44, said:

you can disable that........<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm not that dumb you know :pnd:

why dissable if you don't need it from the beginning.
Posted Image

#6 killua

Amateur

• 112 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 16:31

If your windows installation is handmade so that it automatically installs a firewall and anti-virus and all possilbe updates then no then you dont need it.

It is proven that a comp with firewall of windows is more secured then a comp without any firewall at all.
Posted Image

#7 killua

Amateur

• 112 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 16:33

prophet of the pimps, on 8 Jun 2006, 15:55, said:

I already save $300. :pnd:

And i tried ubuntu. had major driver problems and even setting up something as the boot sequence was a pain in the ass. Also getting my net connection up, getting a media player up, a cd burner up. its way too much hassle. windows xp home edition with no patchs what so ever and it works for me.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

euhmmmm

are you a linux boy? if not then it is logical that you cant get things working.

I have never tried ubuntu. I have tried:
*fedora core 3 until 5
*suse from 8 to 10
*red hat (7 or 8 i think)
*debian
*slackware
and some others. (cant remember the names anymore)

So basically you need some experience with drivers in linux. But as soon as you figured it out you wont need to figure it out again :pnd:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users