News from the site scripter

3 replies to this topic

#1 killua

Amateur

• 112 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:34

Ok guys,

Here's a little update from my side.

At this time most of the scripting is already done.

The things I still need to do are the following.

upload management.

unban management.

unit's page.

BBcode emoticons.

construction of the admin page layout. (I have the functions mostly done but I miss the GUI)

If those things are done then some of the admins are allowed to run a few tests on my private hosting.

While the admins are filling up the content on my private host I will make some adaptments to the script so that you will first have to visit the front page and the download's page before you can download a file. The reason for this is to prevent hotlinking. (a term that means that other people link to the files so that they save their own bandwith. for example http://www.cncrenecl...kwavemod9.0.rar.

If a fan club of shockwave enters that link to let them download a file then they should get an error. Maybe I will even let those people get banned automatically.)

Here's a little warning also.

Once banned on the main site then you will also be banned on the forums. That was the wish of Chrizz seeing the recent numbers of script kiddies on the internet.

The new site is best viewed with 1024 by 768.

The reason for that is that most of the world let say 98% use that resolution. If you have lower then it is time to buy a new monitor. If you haven't got the money to buy it then work for it.

I have no idea what extra function's are wanted by the members and since Chrizz is away to spain I think I will have to consult with the CNCreneclips forum management team. But since they dont have me on msn I will ask them to add me to msn on the following adress. killua_(at)xs4all.nl

mind the underscore and replace (at) with @!

Why do I post this here? Simple. I want to know what extra things you guys would like to see on the site.

But dont just yell plain like I want to see a photo gallery.... add some constructive comment to it why you want to see it so badly. Maybe Chrizz will say something like Kill add those things. Easy as pie isnt it?

It will take some time for you guys to think of it and in the mean time I can go finish allot of script's and layout's of the administration page.

The reason why I had this on hold was becaus my keyboard was fubar. Now I've got a new one..... Logitech G15 with a logitech G5 Laser mouse.

Forum managers please add me to msn. If you aint got msn, doesnt mather then e-mail me. I will select the team of testers together with Chrizz.
Posted Image

#2 Alie

I want to Poop, Back and Forth. Forever

• 643 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 13:46

glad to see that the site's almost done :loels:, can't wait to see what the site looks like .
Posted Image

#3 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 13 July 2006 - 16:14

good work kill. :loels:
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#4 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 19:33

Prophet of the Pimps, on 13 Jul 2006, 17:14, said:

good work kill. :loels:

was that subliminal messaging there POTP? telling people to kill? naa, only joking :) :)

anyway, sounds like its coming along nicely, keep up the good work :D
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users