#227951 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:07

View PostKrieger22, on 02 March 2013 - 07:46, said:

View PostChyros, on 01 March 2013 - 15:16, said:

View PostKrieger22, on 01 March 2013 - 13:58, said:

Question for Chyros: What is the synthetic aggregate made from rare earth processing byproducts composed of, and what can it be used for?
Didn't you ask me that before? Oo
Before I asked what were the waste products (which turned out to be a lot of acid). I'm asking about this "synthetic aggregate" thing though.
Ah, I see. You mean the Lynas factory stuff. That's spent nuclear fuel diluted in concrete or asphalt or other construction materials like that. In other words, they're radioactive building materials. So if you want to build a building or a road that gives you cancer when you're near it, it's excellent!

In all fairness, I'm not sure how radioactive the leftover material will be, because I don't know what material they use for fuel to begin with. Being mixed with concrete and stuff like that would certainly stop certain types of radiation, but not all, and wouldn't completely eliminate the radiation either. You'd have to get a geiger counter and test it. Personally, I wouldn't go near it though.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#227952 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:17

This is something to care about.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#227953 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:32

View PostChyros, on 02 March 2013 - 11:07, said:

Question for Chyros: What is the synthetic aggregate made from rare earth processing byproducts composed of, and what can it be used for?
Before I asked what were the waste products (which turned out to be a lot of acid). I'm asking about this "synthetic aggregate" thing though.
Ah, I see. You mean the Lynas factory stuff. That's spent nuclear fuel diluted in concrete or asphalt or other construction materials like that. In other words, they're radioactive building materials. So if you want to build a building or a road that gives you cancer when you're near it, it's excellent!

:lol:
But seriously, what does not gives cancer nowadays anyway? About %90 of the food we eat and stuff we drink is toxic :P
No need to mention anything imported from Japan packed with a nice radioactivity |8

#227954 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48

View PostGeneral, on 02 March 2013 - 08:49, said:

View PostChyros, on 02 March 2013 - 01:06, said:

View PostGeneral, on 01 March 2013 - 21:17, said:

View PostBob, on 01 March 2013 - 21:13, said:

Değil bir gece gent. :duh:

^ Example, if you say that to a turk, he will just say; wtf are you talking about? |8
I can speak Turkish! My mother taught me some.

Ekmek Aliyorum!

Why do you getting breads, they are unhealthy as fuck :P Just stay away from Turkish breads...
What's wrong with them? Oo I always really liked Turkish bread, or at least the kind we get back in the Netherlands oO . Though that may've passed several more quality controls :P .

View PostGeneral, on 02 March 2013 - 11:32, said:

:lol:
But seriously, what does not gives cancer nowadays anyway? About %90 of the food we eat and stuff we drink is toxic :P
No need to mention anything imported from Japan packed with a nice radioactivity |8
Yes, but most of those cancer research thingies are based on researches which are designed to come up with a positive result no matter the actual results. For example, from 10 test persons that eat peanut butter and 10 that don't, you'd expect one or two people to have some form of cancer, right? So they keep picking banks of test people until they come up with a completely normal result like 1 positive in the reference bank and 2 people in the peanut bank that have cancer. And then they conclude that the chances of contracting cancer are 100% higher if you eat peanut butter. That's literally how they do it with those researches.

However, radioactive material isn't just proven to be carcinogenic in stupid researches, it's really very very bad for you :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#227955 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 13:01

View PostChyros, on 02 March 2013 - 11:48, said:

View PostGeneral, on 02 March 2013 - 08:49, said:

View PostChyros, on 02 March 2013 - 01:06, said:

View PostGeneral, on 01 March 2013 - 21:17, said:

View PostBob, on 01 March 2013 - 21:13, said:

Değil bir gece gent. :duh:

^ Example, if you say that to a turk, he will just say; wtf are you talking about? |8
I can speak Turkish! My mother taught me some.

Ekmek Aliyorum!

Why do you getting breads, they are unhealthy as fuck :P Just stay away from Turkish breads...
What's wrong with them? Oo I always really liked Turkish bread, or at least the kind we get back in the Netherlands oO . Though that may've passed several more quality controls :P

What is that quality control you are talking about? Take note that I didn't even bother using plural tag for the word "control" |8

#227956 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 13:48

Goddammit Brits work harder! My hard-earned pounds are worth fewer and fewer euros every day!
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#227957 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 14:58

Ewww. Euros.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#227958 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 02 March 2013 - 16:29

View PostGeneral, on 01 March 2013 - 20:46, said:

View PostBob, on 01 March 2013 - 20:34, said:

Still less than Fuckup. D;

And Inglish is not my native language but his :P

No my native language is STRAYAIN CUNT!

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#227959 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 16:30

Riiiight...
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#227960 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 16:47

I agree!
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#227961 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 17:12

http://community.fem...bjectid=1212582

Meanwhile in MERICAH |8

#227962 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 18:31

Nope.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#227963 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 18:41

Hey Bob thats what its like to live on Guernsey aye?

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#227964 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 18:41

View PostGeneral, on 02 March 2013 - 17:12, said:

It takes place in Moscow. In Idaho.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#227965 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 18:44

View PostChyros, on 02 March 2013 - 18:41, said:

View PostGeneral, on 02 March 2013 - 17:12, said:

It takes place in Moscow. In Idaho.

How come Moscow and Idaho get along |8

#227966 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 19:48

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 02 March 2013 - 18:41, said:

Hey Bob thats what its like to live on Guernsey aye?

Tennessee != Guernsey
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#227967 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 20:46

:O!
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#227968 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:12

D
Posted Image

#227969 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56

In all fairness, I'm not sure how radioactive the leftover material will be, because I don't know what material they use for fuel to begin with. Being mixed with concrete and stuff like that would certainly stop certain types of radiation, but not all, and wouldn't completely eliminate the radiation either. You'd have to get a geiger counter and test it. Personally, I wouldn't go near it though.
They're using lanthanides from the Mount Weld mine with a (supposedly) lower than normal concentration of thorium.

On a stranger note, I read an article on radioactive construction materials (cobalt-60 contaminated) used in some Taiwanese buildings a couple of days ago.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#227970 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:19

He leans out the window and waves to his Mum
You’d swear all his birthdays had rolled into one
‘Cause he’s headin’ out on his maiden run
Up to the far north of Queensland
I tell him the names of truck stops and towns
The stretches and corners and where they’ll be found
The stories and yarns I’ve picked up on my rounds
And he listens with wide-open eyes

‘Cause he’s riding on dieseline dreams
Down a highway that runs through his mind
Behind the wheel of the biggest rig he’s ever seen
Riding on dieseline dreams!! 8D

#227971 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:13

Sounds like you |8

#227972 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:21

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 03 March 2013 - 08:19, said:

He leans out the window and waves to his Mum
You’d swear all his birthdays had rolled into one
‘Cause he’s headin’ out on his maiden run
Up to the far north of Queensland
I tell him the names of truck stops and towns
The stretches and corners and where they’ll be found
The stories and yarns I’ve picked up on my rounds
And he listens with wide-open eyes

‘Cause he’s riding on dieseline dreams
Down a highway that runs through his mind
Behind the wheel of the biggest rig he’s ever seen
Riding on dieseline dreams!! 8D
All I read was "waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, you'll come-a waltzing, Matilda, with me..." :P
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#227973 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:17

D!
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#227974 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:39

View PostKrieger22, on 03 March 2013 - 06:56, said:

They're using lanthanides from the Mount Weld mine with a (supposedly) lower than normal concentration of thorium.

On a stranger note, I read an article on radioactive construction materials (cobalt-60 contaminated) used in some Taiwanese buildings a couple of days ago.
Well lanthanides are usually relatively un-toxic, but their radioactivities differ widely. Hard to say anything on that. Probably not as bad as most actinides though.

As for the other thing; Co-60 is a pretty nasty gamma radiator (insignificant beta decay too). Has a half-life of about 5 years which is not that long, but I don't want to be near it :P .

Crazy Asians :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#227975 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:02

Chyros said:

Crazy Asians :P .

Am I included in the stereotype too?
Posted Image

44 user(s) are reading this topic