DetoNatos MOD - The Power of Hightech Warfare

36 replies to this topic

#1 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts
  • Projects: Timeless War

Posted 30 September 2005 - 15:52

Hello Guys,

Today I will introduce my new MOD. The Power of Hightech Warfare is the remake of my old Mod-Project called ZH Apocalypse which was canceled 'cause I found too many heavy bug in Zero Hour which make it impossable to contine my work on it. So I'm making a small variant of it and build it up until I can contine my old project.

TPoHW haves lots of new units. It adds a Defense-Unit class like a mobile Forceshiel Generator, Tornado Tank and Kubus and much more......

- heavy naval fights (look at my battle cruiser for example)
- New game modes (a new kind of Infantry War is recoded yet)
- 2 New factions
- High-Quality models
- Generals Terrorist model (only for german version)

..... You dont have to wait long for it. It will be released next weekend (7.10. - 10.10.). I will add some screenshots later.
Posted Image

#2 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 17:30

Here is one of the newest screenshots.

Attached File(s)

Posted Image

#3 Noobie-XXL

Visitor

• 26 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:00

i tought it would be high tech? :S or am i wrong... and why the german version only?! :(
Posted Image
Posted Image[

#4 Iamnotamoose

Model making, Guitar playing punk

• 490 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 13:07

Errr... nice but thats way too high poly for generals, might work for BFME though
Official Forum Lurker

#5 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 16:15

The poly isnt too high for generals. i tested it in a lan and it was great. But this mod increase the minimum required system to 1Ghz, 256 or 512 MB-Ram, and a GForce 4.

BTW: the dragon is a bio tech creature. :) This are the latest screenshots. I had made about 100 screenshots. Here are some ones.

In the german version of ZH the terrorist is a car with dynamite and i fix it in my mod!!!! The language will be German AND English!!!!!!

Attached File(s)

Posted Image

#6 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 16:12

Note the 10th of October as release date!!! And here are the newest screenshots for you!!!

And on screenshot 8.jpg you will see that space fights in general arent impossible!!! But for this feature you have to wait 'cause I dont dont know how I should make the models for the USA, China and GLA. I would be realy, realy, realy grateful if someone would like to make this for. If someone is interested in this just contact me to find out more about this job.

i tought it would be high tech? :S or am i wrong... and why the german version only?! :(

If you have a shopping cart filled with dynamite than a real terrorist than post me your language folder in ZH than i will fix it, too :D

Attached File(s)

Edited by DetoNato, 06 October 2005 - 16:22.

Posted Image

#7 renegade

beta tester

• 768 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 18:18

looks a bit crazy... will it work with english zero hour?

Edited by renegade, 06 October 2005 - 18:18.

#8 Iamnotamoose

• 490 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 19:49

Got to agree with renegade, looks kinda wierdish.. whats the story? aliens invade earth and the usa, gla and china fight them off with ships?

as for spaceships, i dont think that in 2020 the US will have anything in space that will be able to fire anything
as for the gla... how is a terrorist organisation suposed to get spaceships? :D

Ye realy have to post some more info becouse its confusing as hell

Edited by Vap0riser, 06 October 2005 - 19:52.

Official Forum Lurker

#9 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:30

To the story:

A godlike cybernetic turns into the past to regenerate and change that (why he do this is a secret!!). Hes sleeping in space in under the earth.

on 2010 American Scientists found him and tried to capture the technologies. but the on the same time this cybernetic creature has awaken and want to kill the humans and all enemys who followed him into the past!!!

In the story you will not only fight on earth how you know. And thats the beginning of a brutal battle of Apocalypse. USA, GLA and China became allies to avoid the total annihilition together!!! A realy dark story with a lot of characters.

But does the human or his new allies win??? you will see it later in a campaign....
In game you can play some character. They are heros, superheros and commanders.

but now I told enough!!! :D

... will it work with english zero hour?

Yes, it will!!! But I need more english audio files. So some of the unit dialogs are german. :(

Edited by DetoNato, 07 October 2005 - 02:33.

Posted Image

#10 renegade

beta tester

• 768 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:08

well it DOES sound kind of interesting... ill probably give it a try :D

#11 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:39

thats rather interesting :D

#12 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:27

Release date:

There were some upload complications, so the release is later than i though!!!
Posted Image

#13 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 18:21

Great news:

I'm uploading my mod to a web space at the moment. I spend the lost time to make a playable version of the space fights. you can see the results on the screenshots!!!

Attached File(s)

Edited by DetoNato, 12 October 2005 - 18:26.

Posted Image

#14 Iamnotamoose

• 490 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 20:26

nice, but those rock textures or whatever they're suposed to be look terrible, you've pasted the same texture on just about every unit... Really takes the mod down,
but for the rest it looks promising
Official Forum Lurker

#15 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 15:37

these unit are form one general!!! I'm make space shuttles for usa as "space dozer" for example!!!

BTW: The included space map is just a testmap!!! So take it easy. I will give it more color. :chillze:

If you would like to help me to make more colored space units for the other generals THAN JUST HELP ME TO DO IT!!!!

Edited by DetoNato, 13 October 2005 - 15:39.

Posted Image

#16 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:20

Its Finaly done!!!! My mod is released!!! To download it you just have to follow the link:

http://www.cnc-hq.de...loads&dl_id=808

Have Fun!!! ;)
Posted Image

#17 renegade

beta tester

• 768 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 13:54

will another version be released eventually? (just curious) oh and the mod wont install. i run the installation thing and i think im clicking the right things (i cant understand german) but when i get to the install part it just wont. it just closes the installer... (im not clicking exit this im sure of)

Edited by renegade, 17 October 2005 - 15:05.

#18 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 15:24

hmmmm....... I used a high compression process. maybe your Computer have some problems with it. You may need a file called "MSVCRT.dll". Thats a system file as i know, but i dont know where you can get it.

Next Time I will make a Tutorial called "How to use a German Installer"!!! Sorry for your trouble!!!

Edited by DetoNato, 17 October 2005 - 15:27.

Posted Image

#19 Iamnotamoose

• 490 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 15:37

why german... why... why!!!!! please upload it on an english-speaking-website
Official Forum Lurker

#20 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 15:58

I had send an E-Mail to FileFront, so they will download it and offer that on there site. so dont worry!!!
Posted Image

#21 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 14:39

<< modToaster >>

My mod will be avariable for modToaster now.

Special Thanks to Vincent (vincentvangeel@yahoo.com). If you don't know what the modToaster is just visit http://isotx.com/
Posted Image

#22 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:37

Next Version under construction:

The next version will called "Heros & Zero". Its one step to a total conversion of my mod.

It will include new game modes, bugfixes, model updates, lots of new units and may even a new general. The old generals will be compressed so that the GLA can choose in game which general the player want to use.

New Game types will be Hero AOD, Headhunter and Dogfight. The Space fight mode will be updated with new units and construction options.

The installer will be in german again, BUT I WILL INCLUDE A "TUTORIAL" (HOW TO USE A GERMAN INSTALLER).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PS: I enlosed a small bugfix. It will fix the Tornado tank crash for all USA Generals.

Attached File(s)

Posted Image

#23 Iamnotamoose

• 490 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:19

If you would just use an english installer... ;)
Official Forum Lurker

#24 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:38

Can you call me the name of some ones, please??? I tried one, but this was a bugged one.

BTW: On which english side I should upload my mod??? FileFront still not offer my mod and I dont know why. Could tell me an other english side where I could upload it next time, plz???
Posted Image

#25 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:54

renegade, on Oct 23 2005, 07:46 AM, said:

www.generalsfiles.com

This site is FileFront!!!!!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users