523 replies to this topic

#451 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:10

View PostAlias, on 17 March 2012 - 09:05, said:

Spoiler tags motherfuckers, do you speak it.

For the record, I didn't post any spoilers. That's just pure speculation on my part.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#452 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 17 March 2012 - 18:36

Sound like everyone is enjoying Mass Effect 3. Maybe me not giving a fuck about it was a good idea.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#453 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 21:58

View PostΓΛPTΘΓ, on 17 March 2012 - 18:36, said:

Sound like everyone is enjoying Mass Effect 3. Maybe me not giving a fuck about it was a good idea.

Well, the mixture of massive expectations for the game, and one controversy after another on Bioware's part probably helped fuel the flames.

Edited by SquigPie, 17 March 2012 - 21:58.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#454 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:36

Well I will post since this is where all the ME3 discussion is...I finally decided to start playing this. Currently I have played 31h (Helping the Quarians now) and the game is good in every way compared to ME2. (I will reserve my comments regarding the endings when I finish the game).

The main thing that feels improved is the interaction with your crew. I really like how each conversation plays out after a mission. Jokes between squad members and finding crew members resting on different places of the ship sort of adds a great atmosphere to the game. The missions are also quite good and varied I'd say. Also the tie-ins with previous games seems quite good.

My main gripes are faulty animations and cover system. Its not perfect in that sense. Also the enemies are not varied enough IMO. Especially the cerberus ones. In the end they just drop an Atlas as a mini boss fight in most cases.

So far I am having a blast with it and I should fight get some free time to finish this off.

#455 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 17:33

Mass Effect 3 - 5/10

Fİrst of, -1 point for goddamn bug which made me download the game which I just own the solid copy of... That was the oddest and most retarded bug I've ever seen on a game. And it is not something minor. I wonder did they ever test the game at first place ?
Gameplay and user interface is much better compared to previous games, but story not that inolving as the past ones. It is fine but too predictable at some points there is not even point of playing some parts at first place.
Multiplayer is fine at first but no point to keep at it once you complete the every map. There is not even text chat which makes me think I am playing with bots not human players.
Edit : I cannot decide if multiplayer gonna have more lifespan than I first thought, new maps added and it become enjoyable again after leaving to play for a few days or so...

Ending was ridiculous, they probably didn't think about it that much. What can be worse to finish a sequel with a massive plot hole ?

Edited by General, 10 April 2012 - 17:24.

#456 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:02

Tribes Ascend - 8 of 10

The only reason it doesn't get a 9 is because it's free to play :P

I've not had this much fun in any game since UT3.

#457 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:11

View PostSgt. Rho, on 14 April 2012 - 03:02, said:

The only reason it doesn't get a 9 is because it's free to play :P

And being free is a bad thing?

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#458 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:26

Not by itself. The gold-shop is the, in my eyes, bad thing. If you can buy anything more than vanity items, I don't like it.

#459 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:47

I paid $30 for it back in closed beta, worth every cent tbh. It's a solid FPS with some flaws that really need fixing (automatic weapons, I'm looking at you), but otherwise is reasonably good. There's only a couple of weapons that a true upgrades, the rest are sidegrades - although I wish they started you off with the proper soldier loadout of spinfusor + pistol like they did before ranger and soldier were merged. Automatic weapons are cancer.

What class are you running?

9.5/10 in my books, proper old school shooters are making a comeback - Nexuiz will be out soon too, keen to give that a try as well.

Edited by Alias, 14 April 2012 - 10:49.

Posted Image

#460 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:53

I usually play as Pathfinder I think it was called? The class with the light spinfusor.

Ingame name's SargeRho

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 14 April 2012 - 10:54.

#461 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:59

At the moment Brutes are finally useful after so many patches... Still the problem with derpy teams are still everywhere.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#462 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 19:24

The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day

When I heard there was going to be a Walking Dead game, like many, I was pretty skeptical, but it's actually a pretty fun game (especially for the price of £3.99). For those that don't know anything about it; It's not your standard Survival Horror game, think of it more along the lines of a Cel-Shaded Heavy Rain (with zombies). You pick what you want to say and do, including a couple of very difficult choices where you have to choose who lives and who dies.

The story isn't amazing, but it isn't bad either... the choices (which effect how the story plays out) really draw you in. I'm also pretty glad they went with a sepearte story... as we all know how good games based on stories from other mediums are. :rolleyes:

Overall I'd give it an 8/10. Really looking forward to the next episode! :D

Edited by Bob, 26 April 2012 - 19:25.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#463 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:19

Dragon Age II - 2/10

I just completed the game just because I purchase it. What the hell Bioware was thinking when creating shitting this game! Only notable cool thing in the game was that Qunari boss I don't even recall the name of it, interesting character and I thought story may end up being good, but it just get shittier by every minute.
They modelled most of the things so carelessly, even though I don't know shit about modelling I can do better than this, most of the places look like a box edited on a few places.
And it ends so horribly that it was even worse than Mass Effect 3.
If they keep going with DA series, I hope they at least put some care to create the next game instead of making a product which has less quality than a mod.

#464 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 19:33

Just played Roller Coaster Tycoon again, and it can magically run on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. Can't load saved games, though, which is a giant disappointment. 10/10; there's a reason that I bothered to find my discs for a game that was out before Windows XP.

#465 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:05

I'm going to take a stab at it, but know it's not easy to do this review.

Diablo III - 9/10

Where to begin with this, really. Though it retains the point-and-click hack-and-slash gameplay of its predecessor, many of the game mechanics of Diablo 2 were either changed or removed completely. Without going too deeply into details, these changes essentially mean that the game has been dumbed down but also made both more accessible and more forgivable. Though replayability for this has suffered somewhat, and sometimes the game gets a bit tedious because of all the running around and knocking down the enemies, I'd still say the game holds a lot of entertaining hours and frankly I find playing it despite its shortcomings a lot of fun.

And then there's the graphics. They are stunning. Though even the, frankly rather conservatively-themed, first levels are good-looking, the environments get even nicer looking to the point of jaw-dropping as you get nearer to the end. And finally the cinematics. Now, Blizzard's cinematics in general just feel better and more detailed and more alive than other developers' cinematics. But in this game, they take the cake. They absolutely made my hair stand on end, and look so detailed and alive, it's amazing.

All in all, therefore, this game kind of just has to be your thing. It's been made more accessible and less complicated, but IMO in its own way it's still a blast, even if it's not the Goliath Diablo 2 was.

Note: the game's DRM is extremely obnoxious and if you haven't heard yet, it requires you to be online all the time, even when playing single player, and this means that if you can't connect, you can't play, and you'll even get in-game lag in singleplayer if your connection is rubbish or the servers are busy. And you can't play when they're updating the servers, or when the servers are busy which is very often, and there is a daily 3 AM curfew at which time you're booted off the server and sent back to the main menu and you can't resume play. I think I can safely conclude it is easily the most annoying, invasive, and obtrusive DRM ever made.

Edited by Chyros, 03 June 2012 - 10:05.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#466 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:08

I'll have a stab at it as well.

This game makes me feel dirty.. and this is why.

I tend to be pretty principled when it comes to games, I stick to my guns - for D3 I broke them.

On paper this game has the worst DRM ever, it's dumbed down, it's to easy and it stands for alot of things I hate in the current game industry, and yet I play it anyway - though with some reservation I might add. I actually feel bad when I load up the game, it's that bad, because I know by doing so I am contributing to the problem. By having bought and playing an always online DRM game I am saying it is okay for this kind of cuntish DRM to be okay!

Moving on to the gameplay. It's fun, but again I feel dirty playing it. Items are boring, unoriginal and basic at least in comparison to older diablo games. Games should move forward over time, not backwards! Again, by continuing to play this I am saying its okay, it isn't.. but the combat itself is really really fun if a little repetitive, I can lose a few hours quite easily, though thats nothing compared to D2.

This is my biggest disappointment since Dragon Age 2, but still manages to be fun despite it. I actually have to sort of psych myself up to play it, and if I have something else to do I will do that instead. I guess it is a sort of procrastination. This is my ultimate guilty pleasure, but for all the wrong reasons. This should have been my favourite game ever, I should have been playing this almost nonstop since it was released, but I haven't for the above reasons.

As you might be able to tell I am conflicted about this, as such I cannot give it a good score, despite it being for the most part a good game, the issues at hand ruin my enjoyment of it to much, a game should never ever make you feel bad when you start it up.

Diablo III 7/10

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 03 June 2012 - 12:09.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#467 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 17:07

View PostIon Cannon!, on 03 June 2012 - 12:08, said:

This is my ultimate guilty pleasure, but for all the wrong reasons. This should have been my favourite game ever, I should have been playing this almost nonstop since it was released, but I haven't
Yeah, this bit in particular I also identify very strongly with. I'm playing several games at the moment, while if it had been a real improvement over Diablo 2, I'd have locked myself in my room and turned my whole life into a D3 marathon.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#468 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 17:52

Hmm, I somewhat feel lucky I didn't rush to get the game when it first come out ( Which I actually intented to ) that DRM thing sounds very ugly. Why the hell I'll suffer lag from my internet connection when playing single player ? Who the hell thought on to make such a move and thought it would be good thing to do ?!...

#469 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:34

Having the MMO-style DRM where you need to be online is probably the "best" DRM there is. Very hard to crack. So that's why it's put on games that don't need to be online (=single-player games) The publishers and game makers love it, because they won't "loose" so many sales to piracy. That said, I'd like to be able to PLAY a game when I want, not when the servers decide to be on a good mood. Damn annoying -.-'

#470 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:14

View PostWanderer, on 04 June 2012 - 05:34, said:

Having the MMO-style DRM where you need to be online is probably the "best" DRM there is. Very hard to crack. So that's why it's put on games that don't need to be online (=single-player games) The publishers and game makers love it, because they won't "loose" so many sales to piracy. That said, I'd like to be able to PLAY a game when I want, not when the servers decide to be on a good mood. Damn annoying -.-'

Yes thats right but does it really effect the gameplay, I mean if servers too full, game become laggy ? Or it is just for security purposes, if it is only for security check, that is acceptable but not acceptable otherwise...

#471 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:03

View PostGeneral, on 04 June 2012 - 06:14, said:

View PostWanderer, on 04 June 2012 - 05:34, said:

Yes thats right but does it really effect the gameplay, I mean if servers too full, game become laggy ? Or it is just for security purposes, if it is only for security check, that is acceptable but not acceptable otherwise...
If servers are too full, you can't play the game at all. If it gets laggy, you teleport around the place and your character doesn't do what you say anymore. It has many ways to fuck you over.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#472 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:26

Kerbal Space Program: 11 of 10.

After Minecraft, this is the most fun and addictive game I've ever played. Basically you build a rocket and send it...well, whereever you want. It's also quite challenging. Takes a while for example, to get a rocket that can even reach low Kerbin orbit. The graphics are kinda meh, but that shouldn't discourage you.

#473 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:37

The diablo drm does affect the game. There's lagspikes, disconnects, warping around. And that's just when you actually GET to play (just google error 37....) I can barely stand the damn regular server maintenances, but blizz is having some severe issues with the servers, mostly due to the amount of ppl playing but still. It's mainly a single player game and I can't play because there's other ppl waiting to login?

#474 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 15:04

Just Cause 2

I had been planning to pick this up for ages, and finally bit the bullet when it was on sale on Steam.

Let me just preface this with the fact that Just Cause 2 is probably the best open world game I've played. The story might not be great, but it has some great appeal in a completely ridiculous over-the-top action B-movie sort of way. But really, the thing that makes it stand out from most others, especially of recent years, is the fact that it is fun. A hell of a lot of fun. The main storyline is quite short, but it is padded with a lot of nice, varied side missions and probably the largest and most diverse landscape I've seen (and it's huge, 32km by 32km), featuring everything from gigantic snowy mountains, to cities, to swampland to jungle – most importantly, traversing this gigantic archipelago is actually interesting. It doesn't feel like you're being punished or that it is a massive chore like Skyrim felt ever so often in its monotone snowy hell.

The combat is probably one of the best implementations for a third-person game, you're not hugging chest-high walls for the entire game and the grapple really adds some much needed creativity to the genre. Vehicular combat is a blast, too, with the grapple and vehicle surfing opening dozens of possibilities. Again, this is all a whole lot of fun, and it's great too, because again unlike most open world games, not only is the landscape huge there really aren't that many spots where it's empty. There are things scattered everywhere which are open for destruction, the Chaos mechanic is again a nice blast of fresh air and makes travelling somewhere actually interesting.

Finally, who doesn't want to play a game where you get to surf fighter jets?

Solid 9/10, really wish I'd picked this up earlier. Recommended to pretty much everyone to at least give it a go.

Posted Image

#475 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 19:46

Diablo 3 - 6/10

There is some significiant attention to detail there but still I don't get what is the fuss about and what is so cool about the game. When it is over I just said : Meh.
Cinematics were cool but they can be watched from Youtube so don't waste your time for the average story of the game I say. I expected more and played for the story and didn't saw much. Not even worth to complete with any other character since gameplay beyond repetitive. Maybe its just not my style to slash the shit out of thousands of creatures mindlessly. Storyline should've been better. What in the HEAVEN they have thought with making the ending on such a place anyway. Lesser evil boss battles were better...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users