89 replies to this topic

#1 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 17 December 2007 - 18:15

Hello,
because someone asked me about old factions and their future units I'll ask you for little help.
Every one of you can say what units to include in my mod, posting pictures and so on. So feel your self free to make offers to me :P

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 17 December 2007 - 18:15.

#2 vish

• 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:51

Okay... my first post for this mod... I really like your work and waiting for your mod... I just wanted to ask, are you sticking strictly to the real-life units theme? Sorry if i have posted in the wrong section...

#3 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:11

Yes I prefer real life units and weapons. But I can acsept and near future units. For example I'll say that now I'm working on my own model of the russian hypersonic bomber ( the model is my vision and it is based on the TU-4ms)
I really need suggestions and ideas cause I'm alone and it is very good to hear another points and visions.
THX

#4 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:58

Well since this mod is all about realism, why not add the abrams as USA's MBT?

#5 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 13:41

Blasphemy! Add the M60A3 instead :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#6 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 14:51

M1A2 >>> M60A3 :rolleyes:

#7 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 15:11

m1a2 is not bad idea for mbt for usa, and I think to change paladin with chalenger. What are you thinking about that?

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 27 February 2008 - 15:11.

#8 Anubis

Lord of the Underworld

• Project Leader
  • 1259 posts
  • Projects: MGS projects.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 15:23

Why fix what looks awsome. The paladin has an awsome design ( maybe give it a little bit of love - few design changes ). M1 ... to old ... overused. Almost every mod out there has an M1 or M1 based concept. Chalanger - looks like crap and is not verry americanish. If you do want to replace the crusader - combine the massive chassie of the leopard 2 with the futuristic turret of the israeli merkava 3 and you will get an awsome mbt.

#9 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 16:03

I need an american tanks for USA so if anyone have ideas and pictures let show them. The paladin is not so good looking tank. But I didn't say that it will be removed from the game so don't worry :rolleyes:

#10 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 18:34

replace the paladin perhaps with the leopard 2a6 :P

Or a fictional Leopard 3 :lol:

#11 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 20:40

Anubis, on 27 Feb 2008, 16:23, said:

If you do want to replace the crusader - combine the massive chassie of the leopard 2 with the futuristic turret of the israeli merkava 3 and you will get an awsome mbt.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#12 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:33

I thought this mod uses RL units :P

#13 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:52

True that, and he's currently focusing more on the Russian faction as well. Try to bug him after he's got that finished imo :P

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#14 zatev

Casual

• Project Team
  • 61 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days (INI-coder)

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:44

Do you have ever heared about Qassam-rockets?
In my opinion these rockets show nice as GLA infantry artillery weapons. There are easy to make and there by very inaccurate. The biggest problem might be that these rockets are in real life used by Palistinian Freedomfighters/Rebels, so to be political safe it might give problems.

Well, here is a link for some more info; http://en.wikipedia....i/Qassam_rocket

...The rules for both chess and war remain the same: attack, defend, capture, and sacrifice. Win at all costs...
...There are 10 types of people, people who can count binairy and those who can not...

#15 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 17:07

OK I'll see :P

#16 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:00

Though this is more about realism, the Crusader and Paladin still fits IMO. It's futuristic, yet seems real for some reason. Just pimp them a little.

#17 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 14:57

Of cource I'll fix them.
As comrade sad now i'm focusing on Russia and I don't have any time to outher factions.
Thats why I startted this topic. I wan't someone to help me with ideas suggestions, pictures, info and so on just to don't lose my time on serching now:)

#18 vish

• 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:47

GLA
A technical army... technical mortar, technical ATGM, technical SAM, technical IFV, a technical-towed light artllery with quick deploy/undeploy times... technical rocket launcher... perhaps improvised World War II tank destroyers like ISU-152... or designs derived from them... 152 mm self-propelling artillery (can be loaded with sharpenel or chemical warheads), Katyushas, Mig-21s (AA fighter), Mig-23s (ground attack), and Aérospatiale Gazelle (the flying rocket truck, armed with 54 rockets and a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun)... and if there is a need to balance the game... you can add a slow-moving 250 mm cannon to the mix... improvised SA-4 Ganef SAM (fitted with sharpenel warheads to compensate for accuracy, slow rate of fire and bulk) and the ZSU-23-4 Shilka AA gun system...

In my view, GLA units should be cheap... largely fast... junk upgradeable... and if losing in one on one conflict try to kill their enemies in a suicide blast...

China
China's major strength is infantry. In addition to regular infantry it could contain normal infantry, Type 88 sniper, Type 80 machine gun squad, PF 98 120mm AT rocket soldier, PF 89 80mm AT rocket soldier, FHJ-84 dual 62mm rocket soldier, QW-3 AA trooper and 100 mm mortar infantry. Complimentarily, China could have Type 97 IFV (comes with a 12.7 mm machine gun, space for 4 soldiers, and can sport 100 mm gun or 30 mm autocannon), ZBD2000 airborne IFV (comes with a 25 mm autocannon, 7.62 mm machine gun and space for 6 soldiers) and Type 92 amphibious APC (7.62 mm machine gun and space for 10 soldiers). China's tank corps could include expensive and advanced Type 99 and the economical Type 96. For China I suggest creating two Barracks (one regular and one heavy). China's artillery corps could include the A-100 10-tube 320 mm heavy rocket artillery and the PLZ45 155 mm self-propelled artillery... Also add KS-1 SAM, WZ-9 attack helicopter, the cheaper and less advanced JF-17 and the expensive J-10

Chineses units should be ideal for mass production, but not as cheap as the GLA, and are generally slow...

USA
America's strength should lie in the technology and quality of its weapons. Its weapons should be moderately fast, moderately armoured, long-ranged, active protection system and airborne. Infantry could include Rangers (with HE grenades), Javelin soldiers and Stinger launchers. Armoured units include XM1202 Mounted Combat System (MCS), XM1206 Infantry Carrier Vehicle (ICV), XM1205 Recovery and Maintenance Vehicle (FRMV) and M1097 Avenger. Mortar could include the low-level and "cheap" Dragon Fire 120 mm Automated Mortar and the advanced XM1204 Non-Line-of-Sight Mortar (NLOS-M). Artillery could include the XM1203 Non-Line-of-Sight Cannon (NLOS-C), XM501 Non-Line-of-Sight Launch System (NLOS-LS) and M270 MLRS. Airpower comprises AH-64 Apache, A-10 Thunderbolt II, F-22 (AA and Anti-Vehicle), F-35 (AA and Anti-Building) and B-52 heavy bomber.

Thesae are almost all of my suggestions... feel free to criticise...

Edited by vish, 04 March 2008 - 04:07.

#19 Russianroots

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:09

Alex I've looked over your work and it looks awesome! I hope you make sure there is balance in the game. That is the only way to get the realism you are looking for. I really want to play this version badly!

Edited by Russianroots, 12 June 2008 - 04:10.

#20 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 15:21

We are here in the suggestions.
I need new units for :
USA-Laser weapon system
USA-Air force weapon system
USA-Super weapon system
China - Nuke weapon system
China Infantry weapon system
China-Tank weapon system
GLA-Stealth weapon system
GLA-Demolition weapon system
GLA-Toxin weapon system

Please make suggestion about each weapon system. The units must fit with the weapon system idea.

#21 zerocold

Visitor

• Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 18:49

Superweapons for all factions will require very high level star general?

#22 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 23:17

You may want to change the weapons systems, not making them similar to the generals.

You have been using realistic real world stuff up until now. It would be cool if you keep that up. Therefore USA Laser and Superweapon system isn't really appropriate.

Anyway, the USA MLRS would be a nice one for any USA system.
Posted Image

#23 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:07

Edit - whoops, wrong thread.

Edited by CommanderJB, 30 November 2008 - 01:07.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:56

Why, laser weapons are developed many years ago. Russia have laser weapons to.

#25 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 30 November 2008 - 13:16

First suggestion:
USA Laser Weapons System
'Razor' Tactical High Energy Laser (THEL)
Posted Image
The THEL is, as the picture shows, a genuine weapons system built by the US Army to investigate lasers as an area defence system. It's primarily intended for a C-RAM (Counter Rocket And Mortar) role, shooting down incoming projectiles, and has been extremely successful in tests, shooting down everything from Katyusha rockets to mortar bombs to even artillery shells in flight.
For The End of Days, I'd suggest the Razor THEL as a sort of stationary Avenger, shooting down aircraft, rockets and missiles with a continuous laser beam. So like the turreted laser but that can also target rockets like a PDL. Because it has no capacity to destroy ground targets it need not replace his Laser Patriot.
Further reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THEL
http://www.defense-u...ectory/THEL.htm
And a YouTube video.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users