26 replies to this topic

#1 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:22

Hello guys.
Now I'm working on FX and weapon systems of 3 Russian units.

S-300PMU2 has object upgrade to become S-400 Triumph. You need to upgrade everyone S-300 to S-400 not just single upgrade for all units.
This is because of the enormous difference bettwen this two units. S-300 missile will fire with 500 (weapon.ini) range.
The new S-400 missile as all we know is compatible with old S-300, its advanced engine and power allows to hit targets in 1000 range. Also S-400 will have Medium range missiles and Low range missiles. After upgrading the model will change to ( visually).
The test of the new weapon system was succsessful. S-400 can follow and hit 3 targets in almost same time.
Launching and exhaust effects are new.
This unit is avalible for all "system weapons" (generals) in game progres.

Second unit is SS-27 TopolM. I created new Launching and exhaust effects. Weapons test was successful too. SS-27 is the supper weapon for " Long range system weapons " (general). It have 2 types of fire. First is single missile with range enough to hit every point on the map. Reload time 2min. Very powerful explosive missile with medium damage radius but destructive in the centur of the hit.
Second weapon is the Nuke Strike avalible after 5th rank science. You saw picture of it. I only must say that singe nuke warhead is a half powerful in comparison with Chinas Nuke.

Thirth unit is Smerch. It is equipped with missiles avalibe to hit targets is range of 550. The missiles are fast and a little bit harder to be crushed than Scud missile.
The missile are very effective against slow units and buildings because the missile damege radius is little.
As I mentionned before this unit will fire and special power called Smerch Storm-range all the map! The strike will be avalible after 3rth rank science.
Also new FX effects for this units.

All units are working fine using different types of weapons and ranges. For now I can't find bugs with them.

If you have questions fell free to ask.
Goodbye

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 09 May 2008 - 10:24.

#2 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:24

When you are able to, please show us some pics :P

#3 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:26

Soon :P

#4 mig31

Casual

• 98 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:42

nice alexei

:P

#5 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 13:33

Here are some screens :P
Topol M :

http://stukov.hit.bg...20ignition1.jpg
http://stukov.hit.bg...20ignition2.jpg

Smerch:

http://stukov.hit.bg...%20Ignition.jpg
http://stukov.hit.bg...%20ignition.jpg
http://stukov.hit.bg...Storm%20hit.jpg

S-300:

http://stukov.hit.bg...00%20Firing.jpg
http://stukov.hit.bg...e%20weapons.jpg

#6 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 13:55

Fo shizzle yo. Those are so awesome. I especially dig the S-300 launching sequence :wow:

Good work! Keep it up :P

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 14:23

Looking very nice, can't wait for more

#8 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 09 May 2008 - 14:59

good job alexei :P

#9 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 09 May 2008 - 15:03

1000 range? isn't that a bit too much?
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#10 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 15:11

Yes it is much But single S-300 cost 2000 and S-400 upgrade cost 1000. Unit health is 250. You will really sorry if you loose some of them :P
Reloading weapons is long progres. And also we need а little reality :P

#11 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 15:16

This is looking really good - nice work indeed!
For there can be no death without life.

#12 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 16:52

Nice smoke effects,

Good Job :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#13 mig31

Casual

• 98 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 17:52

Alexei you are one of the bests modeler and scripter i have ever seen.

#14 Beta9

Semi-Pro

• 265 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 15:41

The Topol looks amazing :sheep:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 10 May 2008 - 16:37

I love this mod so much. :lol:

#16 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:05

It does look truly awesome, I have to say, along that is with everything else in this mod so far. Especially the S-300/S-400 launch sequence - spot on to their real-life launch profile. By the way, have you heard of a mod called Real War Mod? They seem to have gone defunct (they still have a Moddb page, but it hasn't been updated for months and their website is down), but they had a lot of extraordinary quality content for Russia, USA and China, so perhaps you could talk to them? Your mods strike me as being extremely similar.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:50

Yes I know about Real war Mod.
In my opinion this mod will not be because they use very high poly units and very strong FX effects.
Just one example: My Tos1 is around 1000 poly caused by 30*4 poly spheres WeaponA01-WeaponA30. So think how much poly have their Tos1 -Maybe with 150-250 much. And this is with everyone unit. If you put so heavy units in game (generals) + heavy effects = enormous lag and maybe crash. Their skins I must say are little bit better. In that point they did very good job.

#18 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:38

I had wondered whether that'd be the case... the models did look exceptionally complex. Even though computers these days have no problems with that kind of thing, the engine does, doesn't it? Ah well. Yours are just as good with the advantage of being a lot more practical (with Generals' zoom levels you wouldn't even see half the high-poly details anyway).

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:41

View PostCommanderJB, on 11 May 2008, 17:08, said:

Even though computers these days have no problems with that kind of thing, the engine does, doesn't it?

Look up The Power of High-Tech Warfare mod for Zh then report back to me.

#20 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:19

I had a quick look - there's a few high-poly things in there, but it all looks pretty standard save the effects, which are a tad overblown. Since I can't really be bothered replacing ShockWave and trying it out, can I safely assume it runs very slowly?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 16:40

Next Update will be Ka-50. (After few days)
So look around :P

#22 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 22:25

Can't wait... (Please tell me you're doing the 2-crew Ka-50-2 as well!)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:14

No I don't like that design :P

#24 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:17

Ah, well. The base model is still awesome I suppose.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 17:09

View PostWaris, on 11 May 2008, 9:41, said:

View PostCommanderJB, on 11 May 2008, 17:08, said:

Even though computers these days have no problems with that kind of thing, the engine does, doesn't it?

Look up The Power of High-Tech Warfare mod for Zh then report back to me.

Isn't that the one mod with that Stealth Emperor with Battleship cannon for Stealth Gen....

Edit: Ooh, I love the necro I made here :3

Edited by Aftershock, 04 June 2008 - 17:10.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users