187 replies to this topic

#176 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:15

View PostΓΛPTΘΓ, on 7 Apr 2011, 1:00, said:

http://store.steampo....com/app/56536/

Yea... £5 for just some skins... Some DLCs are just priced by retards nowadays I must say.

Does anyone have the image where a guy accuses DLC for ruining McDonalds because bacon for his burger is 1$ extra?

...I just think it fits here.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#177 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:45

Who cares....this is 40k

Posted Image

#178 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:18

I just hope THQ don't turn WH into something awful just for the sake of money-rush like EA did with C&C D8

#179 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:49

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 7 Apr 2011, 10:18, said:

I just hope THQ don't turn WH into something awful just for the sake of money-rush like EA did with C&C D8

Well, it's hard to compare. C&C is a single series, where as WH40K is a massive sprawling verse with hundreds of comic books, video games, P&P RPG's, books, and even a couple of movies. It's getting the shit milked out of it ofcourse (Just look at the amount of source books Fantasy Flight games are spewing out). But being so massive, it doesn't really matter.

Now if only GW would fire that stupid fuck to Matt Ward. Who turned Grey Knights from incorruptible daemonkilling badasses into a bunch of SoB blood bathing, baby-carriage riding, monkey-taming, daemonhost brofisting, running-around-inside-the-freaking-warp-and-carving-their-names-into-the-hearts-of-daemon-primarchs mary sues.

Edited by SquigPie, 07 April 2011 - 09:38.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#180 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:00

View PostSquigPie, on 7 Apr 2011, 9:49, said:

Now if only GW would fire that stupid fuck to Matt Ward. Who turned Grey Knights from incorruptible daemonkilling badasses into a bunch of SoB blood bathing, baby-carriage riding, monkey-taming, daemonhost brofisting, running-around-inside-the-freaking-warp-and-carving-their-names-into-the-hearts-of-daemon-primarchs mary sues.

What has Matt Ward and GW got to do with the Dark Angels DLC? Relic put the ideas to GW to agree or disagree with afaik. GW don't go to Relic and force them to use "x" faction/chapter. The poll of the DoW II site a few months back (with BT winning) is proof of that. Now Relic will go back and say to GW that your fans want a Templar themed RTS/FPS next (even though they are getting a BT themed MMO next year).

#181 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:06

That was a personal 40k thing that had been boiling for some time, just had to let it out D8

I've nothing against this new DLC, while it is overpriced and while I would prefer Thousand Sons. I think it's kinda cool.

Hope the next game will star the Blood Ravens. I've been following those guys since I was 13, ain't gonna give up on them now.

Edited by SquigPie, 07 April 2011 - 12:08.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#182 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:15

I can't see Relic giving up on the BR any time soon tbh. Not totally anyway, despite what the fans may have asked for. The BR are their baby, even though I rather fed up of playing them and not actually finding out much about their history..... D8

#183 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 13:38

View PostWizard, on 7 Apr 2011, 14:15, said:

I can't see Relic giving up on the BR any time soon tbh. Not totally anyway, despite what the fans may have asked for. The BR are their baby, even though I rather fed up of playing them and not actually finding out much about their history..... D8

BR's past connection with Chaos makes it a better choice for the storyline. While we know other chapters's history , BR's not totally clear and this is good for new stories D8

#184 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 13:48

Personally I think a quest for the "Fallen" would make a pretty decent storyline, certainly one that could include other factions as well. But, sadly, it is likely that GW will never actually reveal the details of that particular portion of the Dark Angel's history, just as it's likely we'll never know the identity of the 2nd and 11th Legions, or the Blood Raven's lost history. It's just part of the mantra of GW. In part agreement with Squigs rant, they would rather include long fingured, orange mechanic baboons in their fluff than tell us what we want to know.

#185 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 07 April 2011 - 14:58

View PostSquigPie, on 7 Apr 2011, 13:06, said:

That was a personal 40k thing that had been boiling for some time, just had to let it out D8

I've nothing against this new DLC, while it is overpriced and while I would prefer Thousand Sons. I think it's kinda cool.

Hope the next game will star the Blood Ravens. I've been following those guys since I was 13, ain't gonna give up on them now.

DLC is always overpriced anyway and done the wrong way. IMO the only game to get DLC right has been Fallout 3, at least of the games I have played, I've also heard good things about Borderlands DLC. DLC should add something new to the game, it shouldn't have been something that should have been in anyway, and day 0 DLC, just fuck right off. There they are just taking a tiny bit of content from the finished game and charging a ludicrous price for it.

DLC is a great concept, but many publishers use it as a money making tool for people with not enough sense, which sadly, due to the mainstreamisation of gaming, is now most of them.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 07 April 2011 - 14:59.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#186 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 15:05

View PostIon Cannon!, on 7 Apr 2011, 16:58, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 7 Apr 2011, 13:06, said:

DLC is always overpriced anyway and done the wrong way. IMO the only game to get DLC right has been Fallout 3, at least of the games I have played, I've also heard good things about Borderlands DLC. DLC should add something new to the game, it shouldn't have been something that should have been in anyway, and day 0 DLC, just fuck right off. There they are just taking a tiny bit of content from the finished game and charging a ludicrous price for it.

DLC is a great concept, but many publishers use it as a money making tool for people with not enough sense, which sadly, due to the mainstreamisation of gaming, is now most of them.

The only times where DLC piss me off are when they're actually in the game at launch, but you need a code to unlock them. That shit's just wrong, it's like taking the beef out of a burger and forcing you to pay extra to get it. Having you pay a little more to get bacon on the burger is fine.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#187 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 15:07

I am not sure what the fuss is over this particular bit of DLC is tbh? This is a fanboi thing only. Nothing in this is going to effect the gameplay in any way, shape or form. If there are people out there, like me, who are Space Marine fans, why can't they charge for making new artwork available for them?

Relic have done a fantastic job of supporting this game since it's release. Patches have been constant and they do actually listen to their fanbase. I can't argue with you about day 0 stuff. But I hardly see the harm in asking fans to cough up some more cash for more eye candy that might be related to their favourite Chapter. The huge TLS wargear update was free for everyone.

#188 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 16:41

View PostWizard, on 7 Apr 2011, 17:07, said:

I am not sure what the fuss is over this particular bit of DLC is tbh? This is a fanboi thing only. Nothing in this is going to effect the gameplay in any way, shape or form. If there are people out there, like me, who are Space Marine fans 13-year olds, why can't they charge for making new artwork available for them?

Relic have done a fantastic job of supporting this game since it's release. Patches have been constant and they do actually listen to their fanbase. I can't argue with you about day 0 stuff. But I hardly see the harm in asking fans to cough up some more cash for more eye candy that might be related to their favourite Chapter. The huge TLS wargear update was free for everyone.

FTFY D8

Anyway, I agree with you.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users