#126 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 13:44

View PostSquigPie, on 27 Feb 2011, 13:34, said:

Weaker Story

Awwww. :(

I was a little :P when I first heard that, but weaving 6 stories into what is one timeline based on an existing story was never going to be simple. But given that the replayability of this is going to be off the charts, I can live with that, this one time.

#127 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 13:55

Yeah, it'll be like DC and Winter Assault, the story might not be as strong, but it'll make up for it with replayability.

Also, who are you oging to play first?

For me it's probably Space Marines first (so as to finish of the story from CR), then Orkz, then IG, then either Chaos or Nids, then finally Eldar.

Edited by SquigPie, 27 February 2011 - 14:01.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#128 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 15:30

View PostSquigPie, on 27 Feb 2011, 13:55, said:

Also, who are you oging to play first?

For me it's probably Space Marines first (so as to finish of the story from CR), then Orkz, then IG, then either Chaos or Nids, then finally Eldar.

Same as the last time you asked :P

View PostWizard, on 23 Dec 2010, 15:47, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 23 Dec 2010, 15:45, said:

Which race will you guys try campaign with first? Orks for me I think, then Space Marines. Gotta love that Pirate hat.

Hmmm, lemme think about at that...... :D

SM, Inquisition, Chaos, Orks or Eldar, 'Nids (dead [as they should be] last)

#129 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 16:57

Shit, I knew I'd asked that question before. Was too lazy to look back through the thread.
:facepalm:

Edited by SquigPie, 27 February 2011 - 17:00.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#130 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:56

Anyone planning to trade heroes to regular units during the campaign. I like to play with my heroes. Might exchange for some IG armor though :P

#131 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:51

Heroes all the way, don't need no stinkin units.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#132 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:58

AFAIK, you can't import heroes from CR. It would have been awesome if that was possible.

#133 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:33

Just started preloading the Ork Pack.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#134 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 16:26

Just played through Mission 2 with Space Marines, game crashed when loading though :(, have to play through the mission again.

As of yet, the game is good. Still, I prefered the Campaigns of the old ones. And I dislike the "WURRE SENDAN IN DA BAANBLAAD!" accent of the IG. No offense to all the brits amongst us.

Edited by SquigPie, 01 March 2011 - 16:29.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#135 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 16:47

How. The. Fuck. are you able to play this now??!?!?

#136 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 17:03

Download now :/

Maybe different release date in UK. I'm sure it's release right now.

Edited by MR.Kim, 01 March 2011 - 17:04.

#137 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 17:17

Was unlocked this morning. Dunno why.

EDIT: the ork campaign is as hilarious as expected, I think I'm in love with Kaptin Bluddflagg and that wierd Pirate Ork accent of his.

EDIT2: :/ here's how I got to play it so early:

Some customers in certain countries had an early unlock for Dawn of War II: Retribution. Incorrect release date information caused the early activations of Retribution in Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Malta. These early activations have been reversed.

We sincerely apologize for this mix up and any inconvenience caused. These activations will be turned on again on March 4th, which is the official release date in these territories.

Even wierder, Relic actually had a list up, and all those countries Valve just said wasn't supposed to get the game so early? Relic lists them as being SUPPOSED to play it early. And now Valve has decided to lock the game again, much to the frustration of people.

Oh yeah, and now I have to download the entire thing again, AND play over my savegames, because Valve had to uninstall the game for some reason.

Edited by SquigPie, 01 March 2011 - 19:48.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#138 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 22:50

Well that is fail. But I still do not understand why THQ insist on splitting releases?!?! Retards if you ask me. :/

#139 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:06

That's due to server limitations, if everyone gets it on the same day and enter the multiplayer, the servers will lack insanely much and break down. So they split it with a couple of days to relieve pressure.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#140 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:26

Okay I bought, the Collector's edition containing all the Wargear packs for all races,

Gonna install it tomorrow and can't wait to dive into the campaign, I'll probably play the SM one first :/

#141 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:01

I managed to complete the first run through of the SM campaign this weekend. Anyone have any thoughts!? Personally I thought it was excellent compared to the previous campaigns. It felt considerably longer than I thought it would be and the new "larger army" mechanic was fantastic. Story was interesting and it got nice and fluffy towards the end. I have started an IG campaign and am a little disappointed that it is literally the exact same missions.... but overall a very solid 9/10.

Anyone interested in some co-op games let me know when you see me in game on Steam 8|

#142 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:56

Yeah, SM had a great plot and ending. Although i liked the previous games SM campaign more.
Orkz campaign manages to make EVERY SINGLE LINE hilarious. And the weapon descriptions are priceless and filled with references. (Chopped Armor: Dis armor lookz chopped, I can tell from da skarz and 'avin seen quite a few chopz in me time).

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#143 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 16:22

Yup, they have same missions, something like DOW:WA. But, it was great.

Spoiler
8|

Edited by Wizard, 07 March 2011 - 16:42.
Added a spoiler for those who haven't yet played the game

#144 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:02

SM campaign was the best out of the ones i've played so far at the moment, having completed the Chaos and Eldar Campaigns. Story was very solid for the SM campaign. Gameplay wise i felt that Cyrus was no where as useful as he was in previous campaigns, I generally always swapped him out for the Termies, out of all the heroes Martellus was probably the best imo

#145 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:44

Still playing the SM campaign. So far I did not find Martellus to my liking. I just unlocked demo packs and blind nades..so hoping to use Cyrus to good effect with the combo. Also when upgraded, Cyrus is very good at taking down melee units attacking the Ancient. I find Ancient to be most useful when deployed with the plasma cannon.

#146 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:23

Unlock the Focused State thing, the one that puts the game into slow-motion and makes him shoot really fast. Not sure how effective it is, but by GOD is it awesome.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#147 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:00

View PostGrey_Vengeance, on 8 Mar 2011, 5:02, said:

Gameplay wise i felt that Cyrus was no where as useful as he was in previous campaigns, I generally always swapped him out for the Termies
I honestly didn't understand the point of opting for Cyrus when you have the ultimate SM melee honour guard available. I didn't like Cyrus in previous versions although he was useful in places. They really nerfed him hard this time.

View PostRaven, on 8 Mar 2011, 5:44, said:

I find Ancient to be most useful when deployed with the plasma cannon.
Useful? That's an understatement, he is hella beastly with the PC. His overcharge ability kills everything in that volley with the exception of bosses and if you have the ability to remove setup he is awesome. Nothing compared to the unique lascanon though. That is win in the last 3 missions.

I have bought the DLC wargear and have changed my mind about disliking IG. LG is much more useable when he can OHK most things from outsight your monitors field of view 8|

#148 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:15

Oh I forgot to mentioned the Ancient's Arty strike 8|. Anyone using the jump packs for the commander? I am using it instead of a battle standard.

@squig I think I unlocked it the last time I played. Didn't have time to use it yet. Should play today.

#149 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:54

I have never seen any good reason NOT to use the Battle Standard over anything else, it usually provides 2-4 bonuses to nearby allies, grants a heal ability, and often gives extra armor rating or health to the commander. Trading that for a jump pack is just...crazy if you ask me, not to mention that The Ancient unlocks a free jump pack if you upgrade him right 8|
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#150 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:48

I agree with you on the battle standards benefits. But I like to see the commander landing and taking out multiple enemies 8|. I cannot use ancients jump since I am using the PC which is too frikin awesome to be sacrificed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users