Jump to content


Questions and Suggestions


79 replies to this topic

#1 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 15:17

Hi guys,
i would like to ask some questions in that topic, or to make some suggestions if you allow it.^^

1. In the grans-forum was a discussion about a fourth plane for the soviets. some kind if a mix between apollo- fighter an vindicator. what happened with this idea?

2. What has the Reaper for an ability, were there not a problem with the ,Proto-jump'-ability?

3.Has the Chrono-tank in the next release a new model, or does it look like before?

4. is there a chance that you would reskin the soviet conscripts? :xD: (because i think they looks like fools) |8

-if you wish, i will open for every new questions, suggestions etcetera.. a new topic.

#2 Com-Link

    Regular

  • Project Leader
  • 150 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 21 November 2010 - 16:34

View PostKamikaze, on 21 Nov 2010, 16:17, said:

Hi guys,
i would like to ask some questions in that topic, or to make some suggestions if you allow it.^^

1. In the grans-forum was a discussion about a fourth plane for the soviets. some kind if a mix between apollo- fighter an vindicator. what happened with this idea?

2. What has the Reaper for an ability, were there not a problem with the ,Proto-jump'-ability?

3.Has the Chrono-tank in the next release a new model, or does it look like before?

4. is there a chance that you would reskin the soviet conscripts? :xD: (because i think they looks like fools) |8

-if you wish, i will open for every new questions, suggestions etcetera.. a new topic.


1. The Sukhoi idea has not been forgotten, but not actively discussed either. I can remember a few things from it though.
2. I personally don't know. Maybe someone else from the team can answer that.
3. The Chrono Tank has it's own model now (thanks to TX1138).
4. We're already discussing something in this area in the team forum, I can't go into any details about it.
Posted Image

Mess with the Best
Die like the Rest

#3 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 17:03

Ah, hey I have a new question:
The Chrono-tank, if you give them an attack-move-command and they see an enemy-tank, they shoot one time on it and then the enemy is ...how can i tell it...''chrono rifted'' and then they leave them alone and don't kill them. |8
Do you know what i mean? Have you fixed that? :xD:

(and IF you reskin the Conscripts, i have two pics where the soviet conscripts are looking really great |8,
and I have a third picture from westwood studios concepts where would be maybe a good Sukhoi, only if your interested. 8| )

Edited by Kamikaze, 21 November 2010 - 18:49.


#4 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 21 November 2010 - 22:21

If I can say, Sukhoi's appearence is mostly decided, as I know. But as Com-Link said, the team havent discussed Sukhoi actively. I guess after the release there will be started the discussion about it, but until that...
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#5 Com-Link

    Regular

  • Project Leader
  • 150 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 21 November 2010 - 22:47

View PostKamikaze, on 21 Nov 2010, 18:03, said:

Ah, hey I have a new question:
The Chrono-tank, if you give them an attack-move-command and they see an enemy-tank, they shoot one time on it and then the enemy is ...how can i tell it...''chrono rifted'' and then they leave them alone and don't kill them. |8
Do you know what i mean? Have you fixed that? :xD:

(and IF you reskin the Conscripts, i have two pics where the soviet conscripts are looking really great |8,
and I have a third picture from westwood studios concepts where would be maybe a good Sukhoi, only if your interested. 8| )


The Chrono Tank has a new weapon type made by TheWorms. It works great, and I believe it also solves several problems which the 'old' CT.

Regarding the Conscript, we already have several screenshots to work from.

And the Sukhoi would be based upon one of the MiG concept art pictures, and the real-life Sukhoi (here based on the Ace Combat video game series, the Yellow Squadron. The yellow parts of the plane could be team colour. Jason suggested using this picture).

View PostV.Metalic, on 21 Nov 2010, 23:21, said:

If I can say, Sukhoi's appearence is mostly decided, as I know. But as Com-Link said, the team havent discussed Sukhoi actively. I guess after the release there will be started the discussion about it, but until that...


Well, most of the plane was already decided, yes. But with the "Information Loss" from GRANS, we could make the Sukhoi 'open for discussion' again. Though I really like the idea of using the RL Sukhoi. I guess we might need to give it it's own topic again |8
Posted Image

Mess with the Best
Die like the Rest

#6 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 21 November 2010 - 23:50

View PostCom-Link, on 21 Nov 2010, 23:47, said:

View PostV.Metalic, on 21 Nov 2010, 23:21, said:

If I can say, Sukhoi's appearence is mostly decided, as I know. But as Com-Link said, the team havent discussed Sukhoi actively. I guess after the release there will be started the discussion about it, but until that...


Well, most of the plane was already decided, yes. But with the "Information Loss" from GRANS, we could make the Sukhoi 'open for discussion' again. Though I really like the idea of using the RL Sukhoi. I guess we might need to give it it's own topic again :xD:

Hmm, do what you think would be best. No one is caring for my opinion, so I will leave this up to you.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#7 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 21:22

Nooo, we all caring for your opinion :cool:
But ,yeah maybe it would be good to discuss about that...,,sukhoi'' again....after the 1.01c release.

Edited by Kamikaze, 22 November 2010 - 21:23.


#8 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 23 November 2010 - 00:23

View PostKamikaze, on 22 Nov 2010, 22:22, said:

Nooo, we all caring for your opinion :cool:
But ,yeah maybe it would be good to discuss about that...,,sukhoi'' again....after the 1.01c release.

You cant know what I am talking about...
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#9 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 16:04

... ok. pardon me.
i didnt wanna be a dumbass.

Edited by Kamikaze, 23 November 2010 - 16:15.


#10 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 23 November 2010 - 18:57

View PostKamikaze, on 23 Nov 2010, 17:04, said:

... ok. pardon me.
i didnt wanna be a dumbass.

No problem :cool:
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#11 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 20:37

,,Regarding the Conscript, we already have several screenshots to work from.'' -Com-Link
Could i see one, or two of them? :read:
Only to see how the conscripts maybe will look like.
But nearly everything would look better as the RA3 conscripts. :cool:

#12 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 23 November 2010 - 20:48

Probably not I guess. But they already decided on the design and the implementation of it, thats what I would say.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#13 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 21:43

Good evening every one :P
i have again some questions and suggestions, maybe a little bit strange but i can't keep it to myself 8|
1. in grans was a comment (i dont know from who, and i dont know in which combination too) ,, could the apocalypse-tanks become there rocket-pods back, if they become heroic. i dont remember if you had answered. could you answer it here?

2. all soviet vehicles, aircrafts and naval units have the ,,real'' soviet symbols (hammer&sickel, soviet star) in the ,,real'' colors (red,maybe with a yellow rim, or complete yellow), only the kirov not. the kirovs hammer&sickle is conditioned to the teamcolor, aren't the airscrew and the skeleton enough to see from which player the kirov is?
Is a small chance that you would reskin this small part? it has no big change to the gameplay, but an even bigger change to aesthetic of the kirov-airship. :cool:

3. and last: the second ultimate weapons of every faction are REALLY terrefic abillitys (50 megaton bomb/shogun-executioner/ allied???) and it is wierd that you become them already if your on the highest technological level. why are they not building-linked? maybe to link them on V.I.P.-bunkers (and make them buildable (why even V.I.P.-bunkers: only VERY IMPORTENT commanders should be able to use such abilitys)). :P

i know strange thoughts but im very thankfull for your answers . ;)

Edited by Kamikaze, 30 November 2010 - 21:45.


#14 Com-Link

    Regular

  • Project Leader
  • 150 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:24

View PostKamikaze, on 30 Nov 2010, 22:43, said:

Good evening every one :P
i have again some questions and suggestions, maybe a little bit strange but i can't keep it to myself 8|
1. in grans was a comment (i dont know from who, and i dont know in which combination too) ,, could the apocalypse-tanks become there rocket-pods back, if they become heroic. i dont remember if you had answered. could you answer it here?

2. all soviet vehicles, aircrafts and naval units have the ,,real'' soviet symbols (hammer&sickel, soviet star) in the ,,real'' colors (red,maybe with a yellow rim, or complete yellow), only the kirov not. the kirovs hammer&sickle is conditioned to the teamcolor, aren't the airscrew and the skeleton enough to see from which player the kirov is?
Is a small chance that you would reskin this small part? it has no big change to the gameplay, but an even bigger change to aesthetic of the kirov-airship. :cool:

3. and last: the second ultimate weapons of every faction are REALLY terrefic abillitys (50 megaton bomb/shogun-executioner/ allied???) and it is wierd that you become them already if your on the highest technological level. why are they not building-linked? maybe to link them on V.I.P.-bunkers (and make them buildable (why even V.I.P.-bunkers: only VERY IMPORTENT commanders should be able to use such abilitys)). :P

i know strange thoughts but im very thankfull for your answers . ;)


1. We are not adding rocket pods to the Apocalypse Tank. That's a decision made by TheWorms. We are aware that there are models around with rocket pods.

2. I guess we could look into this.

3. Linking the Super Abilities to buildings is something we've thought about before. At the moment they're linked to the High Tier structures (Battle Lab, Nanotech Mainframe and Defence Bureau) because we don't have any other structures at the time.
Using the VIP bunkers could be an option, I'll forward it. But our current priority is getting the Allied ability figured out, and the 1.01c build in general (haven't really checked the latest team build tbh, just played one game and found a few 'problems')

Thanks for your suggestions!
Posted Image

Mess with the Best
Die like the Rest

#15 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 16:14

It's my pleasure to make suggestions^^
(I know it's more than two weeks ago but... preferably late, than never |8 )
I can't keep it anymore to myself, nearly every week my circle of friends, who i've shown this mod, ask me:
''when does the new release come out?'' (why ask they me?) |8
But thats my question too... this dead silence make us totaly impatient.
I wish you all a merry christmas time!

Edited by Kamikaze, 18 December 2010 - 16:14.


#16 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 18 December 2010 - 19:13

I think I can say, its not that far, but not that close.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#17 NRedAlert

    Casual

  • Project Team
  • 58 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 18 December 2010 - 20:18

View PostKamikaze, on 18 Dec 2010, 10:14, said:

It's my pleasure to make suggestions^^
(I know it's more than two weeks ago but... preferably late, than never :xD: )
I can't keep it anymore to myself, nearly every week my circle of friends, who i've shown this mod, ask me:
''when does the new release come out?'' (why ask they me?) :lol:
But thats my question too... this dead silence make us totaly impatient.
I wish you all a merry christmas time!

Do not worry Comrade Kamikaze! The release is almost ready! We just need to drive the Allied forces back from our top secret bunker.......
Posted Image

#18 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 22:41

wonderfull transcribed, Comrade V.Metallic and Comrade NRedAlert.
I'm very pleased about that answers.
They give hope to hold out. :lol:

#19 NRedAlert

    Casual

  • Project Team
  • 58 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 19 December 2010 - 18:43

View PostKamikaze, on 18 Dec 2010, 16:41, said:

wonderfull transcribed, Comrade V.Metallic and Comrade NRedAlert.
I'm very pleased about that answers.
They give hope to hold out. :lol:


The Ministry of Experimental Science has also mentioned a new...... weapon they would like to show you.....

Posted Image
By nredalert at 2010-12-19


.....they call it...... the "Desolator."
Posted Image

#20 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 20:11

The maddest invention of the minestery, the Desolator Trooper Programme...
Nice to see this bastards back on the battlefield.
Oh damned... I have missed them really, Comrades...

Edited by Kamikaze, 19 December 2010 - 20:12.


#21 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:01

:P I have again a tiny suggestion...
I have looked on a picture on Moddb.com who you have shown the new dark dust of the soviet rockets.
And i've seen that the Twinblade-rockets flying now directly to the target, thats great but, the outcome of this is that the rockets have an angel of round about 30°, but the rocketpods (or the whole Twinblade) itself haven't that angel, result:
8| actually they would fly over the target away :xD:
Approach: the twinblades have this angel too but only by the time they flow from A to B. maybe you can use this as an placeholder for attacks!?
kind regards, Kamikaze :)

#22 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 22 December 2010 - 19:18

Mmmm... what were you talking about?
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#23 CJ

    Rocket soldier

  • Member Test
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 22 December 2010 - 19:26

From what I've understood, he says that missiles being fired by the Twinblades follow a straight trajectory, but the rocket pads aren't actually aligned correctly. In other words, the rocket pods are aimed at the height of an aerial unit, but the missiles are actually fired to the ground (with an angle of 30°)
He also proposes to use the moving animation when firing to fix that problem (since the chopper tilts toward the ground when moving)

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet


#24 Kamikaze

    Visitor

  • Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 20:25

Shit, I was careless again with mine formulation, or? :P
Thanks CJ, you said what i meant.
Sorry for that gibberish from me. :xD:
It would be better if I would use my short sentences again. :)

Edited by Kamikaze, 22 December 2010 - 20:52.


#25 V.Metalic

    Never fear the night, youngling.

  • Project Team
  • 1,218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 22 December 2010 - 23:15

Well, I was confused by "angel". Not sure if you were talking about Rcket Angel of classic angels.

Well, I will ask, did the Hind's, Apache's, Tiger's, Cobra's and any other helicopter's rocket pods "rotate" to face directly on the ground target? No, the helicopter must rotate itself. However, this is not much possible in RA3, so you cant do much with it, maybe only to change the trajectory of the missiles. But I dont know the coding possibiltities of RA3 and no one is interested wth my talks, so you must wait for coder to answer this, what I said is how it works in real life.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users