then it's EA version of End of Nations I guess. :P

#27 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 15:46

View Postn5p29, on 15 August 2012 - 14:40, said:

It's not supposed to be End of Nations. It's supposed to be Generals 2!! My faith in game devs has been tailing off rapidly the last 2-3 years. It's now in negative equity.

#28 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 16:02

View PostWizard, on 15 August 2012 - 15:46, said:

It's not supposed to be End of Nations. It's supposed to be Generals 2!! My faith in game devs has been tailing off rapidly the last 2-3 years. It's now in negative equity.
Capsize a boat in front of EA HQ to express your anger. 8|

Posted Image

#29 Anubis

Lord of the Underworld

• Project Leader
  • 1259 posts
  • Projects: MGS projects.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 17:29

Bahahahahaha ... this is so epic, i literaly loled hard. After the epic fail CNC4 was and the huuuge rage that went after EA does this. I mean could you spit/shit/piss more on your fans. After today i no longer hate EA. I simply love them for how awsome they can say 'FUCK YOU'. And campaign/singleplayer released as DLC. How awsome is that? I bet the next game from EA/Bioware will have just videos, and if you want content to you gotta buy DLC. Well i didn't have much expectations from this game or from EA, but this ... this is just pure epicness. What i find truly funny is that while games are becoming more and more retarded the industry is bigger and bigger, which pretty much backs my all time statements - with each generation the retard numbers grow.

#30 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 18:03

Did I just watch Red Alert 3 with cmyk colors ?
Destruction and particle effects almost exactly same as RA3, I hoped much better.

Oh and pay for campaign ? say what ?

Edited by General, 15 August 2012 - 18:03.

#31 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 20:29

Free to play is seen as the new thing to make money. Every publisher is pushing out f2p-games as fast as they can. It's abit like when wow was a hit and everybody and their aunt was making MMO's. There are some good f2p-games (world of tanks, tribes ascend,End of nations), but it's a hard thing to balance it just right so it's F2P not pay 2 win.
At least for me, I've gotten myself to the place where I have enough free to play games and I don't want another grindfest. It's sad to see that they are taking generals 2 to this direction.

#32 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:13

View PostAlias, on 15 August 2012 - 16:02, said:

View PostWizard, on 15 August 2012 - 15:46, said:

Capsize a boat in front of EA HQ to express your anger. 8|
They have an office in Guildford, quite near my in-laws. I may have to shit in a bag, set it on fire, ring their doorbell and run away. Bit too far inland to aim a 300,000 g.r.t., bulker at them :awe:

#33 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:42

View Postn5p29, on 15 August 2012 - 14:23, said:

EA_CIRE said:

Today at gamescom, we announced a bold move for EA and especially for the C&C franchise. I don’t want to go into the typical marketing mode here with you guys. Instead, I want to talk to you as an honest C&C fan.

If you haven’t seen it already, WATCH THE TRAILER! Pretty awesome and yes, that’s how the games looks on max settings right now. But you probably have a billion questions, so instead of simply linking you to the FAQ (oh, I just did), I will answer some questions right here.

There is a reason why this looks like Generals 2. Content we’ve built for Generals 2 isn’t going into the trash – It is marking the initial content for this new Free Command & Conquer game. The way you play won’t change – Start a fully feature loaded desktop client, choose a game mode, play with friends, build bases, gather resources and command massive armies – Just like you are used to from the original Generals. The major difference between Generals 2 and this newly announce Command & Conquer is the amount you have to pay.

You don’t have to pay 60 dollars upfront for a game that you haven’t played before. You can start for free and play for free. Everything is packed into the Frostbite 2 engine, which delivers a never before seen level of visual awesomeness for the C&C franchise. If you like the game, there will be possibilities to support its development with cool customization options that will give you the power to differentiate your army from everybody else on the battlefield.

I know this is something else – Something many of you didn’t expect and most of you probably will instantly counter with “RIP C&C” or “PIEP CENCORED PIEP”. My immediate first thought after hearing this the first time was similar. But after thinking a bit more about it, I realized that this is how games will change in the near future – This is a chance to bring the franchise to players that were always afraid of spending 60 dollars upfront as they didn’t know if they would enjoy an RTS. A chance to create a supported platform for Command & Conquer that will be influenced by how you guys are playing it and what you’re asking for. It is also planed to revisit the Red Alert and Tiberium universe in the future.

This post became much longer than I wanted to, but I care about C&C as much as you do. And that’s what I want to bring across here – It is different, but not from the inside as the core C&C gameplay is there – It is different from the outside which we can use for our advantage, creating a fresh new start for the franchise to new audiences as well.

In full honesty
EA_CIRE
just quoting the boss from the official forum.

so... what I got is, it seems this "Command & Conquer" is more like the core game which includes Generals 2 as its first package, while the upcoming DLCs/Updates might include the other C&C universes as well. is this means they want to make allstars game?
Or they are taking what OpenRA is doing is an example (RA & TD are mods, what you first download is the game engine).

Still, this is going to take some time to be understood fully.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#34 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:08

This does not have SP campaign play and it seems to be targeting EoN. IMO It has FAIL written all over this. WTH is C&C without a good campaign and SP.

The only thing going good for the game is gfx. Everything else is usual EA bull shit.....

#35 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 16 August 2012 - 14:07

Here's a challenge. Try to think of one WORSE thing they could have done. Cause I can't.

It's over people. EA has officially BUTTF*CKED my favourite gaming franchise to death.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#36 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 21:19

Why EA need to do this anyway, I am pretty sure they are working with people capable of creating good games, is Directors heretic and intentionally ruin games ?

#37 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:45

It seems that they have promised for a campaign after all the backlash...But I bet it would be a rushed job. They'd just do it to keep fans happy till the release and it'd be crap like CnC4s

#38 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:01

View PostRaven, on 10 September 2012 - 04:45, said:

It seems that they have promised for a campaign after all the backlash...But I bet it would be a rushed job. They'd just do it to keep fans happy till the release and it'd be crap like CnC4s
It might be paid content that comes after the base game is released.

On an entirely different note, if they're going to bring in units from the Tiberian series, can Frostbite 2 handle Tiberium growth? SAGE couldn't (and frankly Tiberium spreading from underground makes sense... if it wasn't limited to a small distance on most occasions).

Sareen said:

#39 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:20

Gibeau said that the decision to make the game free-to-play, and in the process rename it simply Command & Conquer, was driven by the desire to attract the largest possible audience.

In other words: "Fuck Command & Conquer fans, we want teh monies"

If they are really going to be adapting the game to what the 'fans' want. We're just gonna end up with a horrible game. (OK, an even horrible-er game) The vast majority of fans don't know shit about what makes a game good. Red alert and Tiberium units in Generals? *facepalm*
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#40 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:35

Gibeau said that the decision to make the game free-to-play, and in the process rename it simply Command & Conquer, was driven by the desire to attract the largest possible audience.

oh wow... that's just... i don't know, rude.

it's like they're not even trying to appear remotely sane and well-mannered towards their audience.
it's time to wake up

#41 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:11

View PostBob, on 10 September 2012 - 17:20, said:

If they are really going to be adapting the game to what the 'fans' want. We're just gonna end up with a horrible game. (OK, an even horrible-er game) The vast majority of fans don't know shit about what makes a game good. Red alert and Tiberium units in Generals? *facepalm*
*shrugs* I reckon that most fans of Command & Conquer would know... save for the rabid EA SUX crowd. Still don't think the community is as bad/dumb as the Need for Speed World one (since Drag mentioned it).

Sareen said:

#42 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 18:13

View PostKrieger22, on 11 September 2012 - 07:11, said:

View PostBob, on 10 September 2012 - 17:20, said:

*shrugs* I reckon that most fans of Command & Conquer would know... save for the rabid EA SUX crowd. Still don't think the community is as bad/dumb as the Need for Speed World one (since Drag mentioned it).

Just look at a popular C&C mod, Shockwave for example, and look at the sheer number of ridiculous ideas that have been suggested over the years.

Just because you enjoy something, doesn't mean you know the in's and out's of what makes it good. I would say this is especially true with people that have no knowledge of how games/mods work.

My point is... blindly following the opinion of the majority is never gonna end well. D;
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#43 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:06

EA says FUCK YOU to XP users.

Here's what the proposed specs for the new game are:

Operating System

Required: Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) 32-bit, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
Recommended: Windows 7 64bit or higher
Not Supported: Windows XP, or lower

CPU
Minimum: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
Recommended: Quad-core CPU

Memory
Minimum: 2 GB
Recommended: 4 GB RAM or more

Graphics Card (NVIDIA)
Minimum: DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)
Recommended: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)

Graphics Card (AMD)
Minimum: DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)
Recommended: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)

Sound Card
Required: DirectX 10.0 compatible sound card

DirectX
Microsoft DirectX 10.0

NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your motherboard, sound, and video hardware.

Installation
20 GB or more of free hard drive space. Plus an allowance of additional free space available after installing the game for save games and Windows file caching.

Internet Connectivity and Multiplayer Support
Minimum: 512 Kbp/s Internet connection (2 players)
Recommended: 2 Mbp/s Broadband-class connection (2-8 players)
Internet: Supports 2 to 8 players with VoIP support
Not Supported: LAN connectivity

Input Devices
Required: Keyboard, Mouse

They've basicly alienated a quarter(24.8%) of windows users.
Posted Image

#44 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 05 October 2012 - 20:22

Still 8 players max and there is no LAN play anymore I see.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#45 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 05 October 2012 - 20:26

Bah, most people still running XP don't have the gear to even display a screenshot from the Frostbite engine anyway.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#46 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 21:29

View PostSlye_Fox, on 05 October 2012 - 18:06, said:

EA says FUCK YOU to XP users.

They've basicly alienated a quarter(24.8%) of windows users.

'AJ likes this comment' About time people were given a kick up the arse to move on from antiquated systems tbh. Not saying EA should be the one to do it, but someone has to.
For there can be no death without life.

#47 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 21:29

View PostCJ, on 05 October 2012 - 20:26, said:

Bah, most people still running XP don't have the gear to even display a screenshot from the Frostbite engine anyway.

I use XP
Posted Image

#48 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:41

But unless you are using XP because of choice, not because you've got an old system, then you really shouldn't be worrying about this game at all since you wouldn't be able to play it anyway. Besides, I love XP as well but there's a reason why I'm using Windows 7 now. It's stable enough and it seems capable of running most programs that require XP. So it's not too hard to upgrade.
Posted Image

#49 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:03

Windows XP doesn't support DX10 and 11, most big game developers are moving away from DX9, on to DX10 and 11. Same thing happened with DX8 ;)

#50 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:54

I'm on XP by choice... I think.
My comp has been upgraded several times.
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users