←  Spammy Yummy Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Gordan Freeman VS Master Chief

Foxhound's Photo Foxhound 14 Apr 2009

View PostComr4de, on 13 Apr 2009, 19:58, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Comparing both games are like comparing these 2, they're both fruits and each person likes them differently.

[/thread]
Edited by Foxhound, 14 April 2009 - 02:11.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 14 Apr 2009

The quality of posts here kind of says something about each series' fanboys :read:

Alias's Photo Alias 14 Apr 2009

View PostComr4de, on 14 Apr 2009, 9:58, said:

[orange] [apple]

Comparing both games are like comparing these 2, they're both fruits and each person likes them differently.
The question remains though, Navel or Valencia oranges? Pink Lady or Granny Smith apples?

Be specific, Luis. :read:
Edited by Alias, 14 April 2009 - 10:31.

Comr4de's Photo Comr4de 14 Apr 2009

View PostAlias, on 14 Apr 2009, 5:30, said:

View PostComr4de, on 14 Apr 2009, 9:58, said:

[orange] [apple]

The question remains though, Navel or Valencia oranges? Pink Lady or Granny Smith apples?

Be specific, Luis. 8|

Don't be picky :D

General's Photo General 14 Apr 2009

I though this thread long dead, I tried to kill it with dead space but no use, someone halp!

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 15 Apr 2009

View PostFlechette?, on 7 Apr 2009, 1:06, said:

Posted Image

That is all.

We have a winner!

Posted Image
Edited by Høbbsey, 15 April 2009 - 01:53.

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 15 Apr 2009

Posted Image
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 15 Apr 2009

Gordon Freeman wins because Half-Life has a degree of culture around it.

amazin's Photo amazin 15 Apr 2009

halo has a degree of cultuuuurre....?

oh god what am i saying?

since i saw a picture of snake, im gonna say that he wins. he has fought bigger enemies than anyone here, plus he has that awesome sneaking suit.

General's Photo General 15 Apr 2009

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 15 Apr 2009, 13:56, said:

Posted Image
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

From all the objects, characters and environments, that character was the most unexpected, surprising one ! But was cool neverthless, badass !

amazin's Photo amazin 16 Apr 2009

Spoiler

Overdose's Photo Overdose 16 Apr 2009

Never heard Valve say that he was
Spoiler

TheDR's Photo TheDR 16 Apr 2009

View PostOverdose, on 16 Apr 2009, 23:13, said:

Never heard Valve say that he was
Spoiler

Spoiler

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 17 Apr 2009

well if you have read the concerned comics and play Ravenholm you know he is a sneaky bastard so i wouldn't be surprised if hes alive

amazin's Photo amazin 17 Apr 2009

i wouldnt necessarily consider concerned a part of the actual game's story =P but he is a pretty sneaky bastard

i just remember reading that valve said they would not include him in future games, but im not 100% sure
Edited by umm not dachamp, 17 April 2009 - 18:11.

Foxhound's Photo Foxhound 17 Apr 2009

Well they need to re-add something since
Spoiler

ultimentra's Photo ultimentra 17 Apr 2009

Commander JB kills them both because of his superior knowledge of military technology and legions of minions.

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 18 Apr 2009

you know who i want to see come back is Cpl. Adrien Sheppard i want him back. and another point for HL is that HL has the G-man a guy who has been in all games and yet you know nothing about and is a significant player with the story Halo don't have somthin like that!! Half life FTW

DerKrieger's Photo DerKrieger 18 Apr 2009

View PostNergiZed, on 13 Apr 2009, 23:54, said:

View Postultimentra, on 13 Apr 2009, 19:45, said:

My vote remains to master chief. This thread fails to convince me otherwise. Master Chief was trained to be the best of the best at 7 years old, much like the spartans of ancient greece. Only this time, with extensive modern military training and hundreds of meters worth of paradrops at 9 years old. Was gordon doing such things when he was a child? I think not. Does Half-life have 6 novels? I think not. Does half life have a game that has reached the 1 billion games played mark? I think not.

Not possible, due to the fact that thar be no multiplayer.

Also, the whole novels things, maybe valve wanted to tell the story through games and not books. (They sure do a better job at it than Halo does).

Half-life technically has multiplayer- it's called HL2 Deathmatch and Counter-Strike :P

Halo has the more developed universe and storyline; Half-life is extremely atmospheric but there really is no plot at all.

amazin's Photo amazin 18 Apr 2009

hl2 has some story, aliens tok over the world, enslaved all the people, and you fight with a resistance, plus there is some character development with alyx, eli, and barney

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 19 Apr 2009

and don't forget the G-MAN!!!!!! unique to half life

BillyChaka's Photo BillyChaka 19 Apr 2009

Half-Life's story makes you think. It's not spoon fed to you like you're a baby like in Halo.

Kalo's Photo Kalo 19 Apr 2009

If it were a straight out fight in an arena with nothing between the two, and they both had their "Standard" weapons?

Masterchief, I don't believe a Crowbar can deflect bullets.

In other situations, where there was more than a "blow that thing up" objective was in place (Sort of like a get to point A before you are killed by object B) Gordon would win.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 19 Apr 2009

View PostKalo, on 19 Apr 2009, 14:23, said:

Masterchief, I don't believe a Crowbar can deflect bullets.

I don't believe Master Chief has anything which can do this either?

Rayburn's Photo Rayburn 19 Apr 2009

Gordon Freeman; not only does he have a beard, no, he actually does have a freaking face.