Epic climax

52 replies to this topic

#1 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 12 August 2010 - 15:34

me and mother went to court to day to figure out my "unlawful" absences to school today.

The problem is we could not figure out the numerous amount of days that were not accounted for

Turns out i was tardy 25 times over the year , like 7 ~ 8 minute windows because I'm not the most organized person.

I also failed the 9th grade this year (Yippee :duh:) and the judge for some reason needed to be notified for that to.

What it came down to is this , Basically i have to get 93+ % grades on all of my courses until November 3rd and not be tardy to school not even ONCE otherwise my mom will end up with a huge fine to pay that everyone knows she can't and well go to jail.

At that point things can turn really really bad , my oldest brother Zachary can turn to his dad remaining there for i suppose the rest of the life but the city life is really bad and i don't want him to turn into a thug rat or anything like that.

My 2 youngest brothers and sisters 1 of them who We didn't start^ed the fire , father is in jail for well drugs,

Theres no way we can have 5 kids living in my aunts house (accounting her 2 kids + us 3) so we would all have to be sent to foster care separated and that's the worst thing that could possibly happen is to repeat what my mom went through and not get the chance to finish school at all.

Now getting 93+ & on my courses is a cakewalk for me I've done it before like it was nothing , but never being even 1 min late is the problem , I've never been good with perfect attendance i always slip up with my alarm clock at least once every month or so and then end up late for school , so this attendance thing is asking me to do the impossible

And if i don't do the impossible my mom is gonna spend time in a prison cell or pay her fine and we end up homeless.

On the bright side if i manage to have perfect attendance from August 28th(?) to November 3rd and get great grades(which is the easy part)

ill be totally ready to get a job and i can finally purchase a new decent cyberpower PC(or build one) after some months

On top of that i was going to gift a special someone a copy of TF2 :xD: *is staring at a certain member at the forums who likes TF2 but does not have it*

Basically things can totally go wrong or totally go right at this point and its all pinned on me yay.

#2 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 15:42

You get fined for truancy? :S

Over here you'd just get booted out.

Posted Image

#3 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 15:47

Why did you fail the 9th grade this year if it's easy to get 93%+ on your work? :xD:
And if you went to foster care Zhao you'd still get the same education, assuming you go to public school (PUBLIC FTW).
Also, just wake up half an hour earlier. It's not hard, and doing so makes sure you get to school on time.
:duh:
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#4 -=ViCtOr=-

Visitor

• 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 16:00

damn...

anyways, good luck with this screwed up stuff...
Add me on Xfire my Xfire name = th3death9 :D
Add me on Xbox Live!! My Xbox Live name = Th3DeaTH9!! :D

#5 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 16:20

View PostGhostrider, on 12 Aug 2010, 16:47, said:

Why did you fail the 9th grade this year if it's easy to get 93%+ on your work? :xD:
And if you went to foster care Zhao you'd still get the same education, assuming you go to public school (PUBLIC FTW).
Also, just wake up half an hour earlier. It's not hard, and doing so makes sure you get to school on time.

i wake up at sometimes 5:30 AM but even then if the alarm clock decides not to work , well were fucked.

#6 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 12 August 2010 - 16:36

View PostAaron, on 12 Aug 2010, 17:20, said:

i wake up at sometimes 5:30 AM but even then if the alarm clock decides not to work , well were fucked.

Buy about four other alarm clocks, scatter them about your room, set multiple alarms on them. Heck, go to bed earlier and simply get out of bed when you wake up at 5:30 if necessary. Getting to school on time shouldn't be this much of a problem.

#7 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:12

View PostRich19, on 12 Aug 2010, 17:36, said:

Buy about four other alarm clocks, scatter them about your room, set multiple alarms on them. Heck, go to bed earlier and simply get out of bed when you wake up at 5:30 if necessary. Getting to school on time shouldn't be this much of a problem.

I have real trouble waking up, so I do something like the above. I have 4 clocks in my room, each timed to go off one after the other. The last one is actually in my drawer, so I have to open it. By the 3rd or 4th alarm i'm awake enough to get up. Before I would wake up, turn off my alarm - often across the room - and go back to sleep without even knowing I had done it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:16

Something I do as well is prepare for coffee the next morning. I've got an alarm clock next to a kettle with water in, a cup with coffee granules and sugar in, and a bit of cold water in a jug/cup. That way when the alarm goes off I have to walk over to the kettle stuff, and it's simply a matter of putting the kettle on, waiting a minute or so (the hard part! Set two alarms a few minutes apart if necessary), pouring the water, adding some cold water and downing the coffee.

#9 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:35

25 unaccounted days?

i had 60+ and i still passed... Belgian scholar system ftw.

then again, it might be an art school thing :duh:
it's time to wake up

#10 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:48

It's an art school thing... from what I've heard, it's (typically) the same with art schools over here, too. Best of luck to you Aaron, and I agree with Rich on this one- get some coffee going as soon as you can after you get up. The caffeine may take a little bit to set in, but the heat of it will wake you up pretty well.
kinda, sorta alive.

#11 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 18:14

View PostIon Cannon!, on 12 Aug 2010, 18:12, said:

Why did you fail the 9th grade this year if it's easy to get 93%+ on your work? :/
:xD:

I have real trouble waking up, so I do something like the above. I have 4 clocks in my room, each timed to go off one after the other. The last one is actually in my drawer, so I have to open it. By the 3rd or 4th alarm i'm awake enough to get up. Before I would wake up, turn off my alarm - often across the room - and go back to sleep without even knowing I had done it.

yeh same here when im in shock and tired i instantly hit the snooz button and go to sleep within a 10 second time frame :duh:

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 12 August 2010 - 18:55

View PostAaron, on 12 Aug 2010, 19:14, said:

Why did you fail the 9th grade this year if it's easy to get 93%+ on your work? :/

yeh same here when im in shock and tired i instantly hit the snooz button and go to sleep within a 10 second time frame :duh:

I've also managed several times to sleep through alarms. At university we had a fire alarm at 11AM every wednesday, I managed to sleep through it sometimes...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 20:44

View PostIon Cannon!, on 12 Aug 2010, 19:55, said:

View PostAaron, on 12 Aug 2010, 19:14, said:

I've also managed several times to sleep through alarms. At university we had a fire alarm at 11AM every wednesday, I managed to sleep through it sometimes...

OK, firstly, the topic title is wrong. Oh so very wrong. :/

Secondly, done the above, multiple times. I currently get awoken by a dog barking (that's my alarm noise). It's scary as anything but it gets you up! Aside from that, I find that the best place to put an alarm clock is somewhere really irritating to reach - my personal favourite is padlocking it in a cupboard, and then leaving the key to the padlock in the sink filled with cold water. That will wake you up no problem :D
For there can be no death without life.

#14 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 20:54

I find the problem with making an alarm difficult to switch off or even just far way from the bed, I just won't bother getting up because it's 'too much effort', so I'll just roll over and go back to sleep. Even if it's a continuous alarm that doesn't switch off. :duh: Then of course if I put the alarm close to me, I just reach over and switch it off while still half asleep. If I genuinely need to get up though, I often just wake up when I need to (providing I went to bed at a reasonable time) and the alarm is just a back-up.

Edited by Bob, 12 August 2010 - 20:55.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#15 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 21:13

Buy an alarm clock that works (or use your mobile phone like I do) and put it all the way across the room, and set it thirty minutes earlier than you have it set now, and start every day with a cup of coffee. If necessary, shower cold, or end your showers with cold water. With that, it is not physically possible to be late :duh: .

Edited by Chyros, 12 August 2010 - 21:13.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 21:55

start every day with a cup of coffee

really, don't. it's not at all necessary.

if you already drink coffee, continue to do so. if you don't, don't start. it'll only be a waste of money.
it's time to wake up

#17 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 23:02

View PostCamille, on 12 Aug 2010, 22:55, said:

if you already drink coffee, continue to do so. if you don't, don't start. it'll only be a waste of money.

I don't drink coffee.

#18 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:10

View PostAaron, on 13 Aug 2010, 1:02, said:

I don't drink coffee.
In that case you don't really need it.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 GDIZOCOM

Amateur

• 104 posts
  • Projects: Something

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:25

View PostAaron, on 12 Aug 2010, 23:02, said:

I don't drink coffee.

Don't drink coffee if you're still young,it can stop your growth....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:05

I EVOLVED my metabolism to wake up 3AM or earlier, yeah that's for PC using(clever me).

But at the price of sleeping every math class.
---------------------------------------------------

Now I admit that is worse than almost crashing down with fails late 2nd year passing by a millimeter, but remember, there is always something by your side supporting you and it might as well be Nevada-tan us.

LOL :duh:

EDIT: To join the topic of alarm clocks, I'd just like to say that I set mine an hour later after my initial wakeup(3AM, then sleep again) otherwise I'll miss math class.

Edited by GuardianTempest, 13 August 2010 - 10:18.

OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
--------------------------
Posted Image
"I am an artist of daydreams. With just a little material, be it a picture, audio or a simple thought, it could fuel a derivative masterpiece."
And I also do Walfas Comics...when I feel like it.

#21 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:07

View PostGDIZOCOM, on 13 Aug 2010, 17:25, said:

View PostAaron, on 12 Aug 2010, 23:02, said:

I don't drink coffee.

Don't drink coffee if you're still young,it can stop your growth....

my classmate drank coffee since kinder and now he's a mountain!

I usually set my alarm an hour in advance soz I have time to wrestle myself awake.

#22 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:41

A mate of mine lives in Lubbock Texas and he said they are just as anal about attendance. :duh:

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#23 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:55

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 13 Aug 2010, 12:41, said:

A mate of mine lives in Lubbock Texas and he said they are just as anal about attendance. :duh:
I think there's something to say for it, actually. If you grow up without being taught that being late is bad, you're going to be one of those guys that always comes late to everything pissing off everyone in the process.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:01

Aaron I would suggest sleeping a little earlier. This way when the alarm rings, your body won't fight for more sleep.

I wake up without an alarm at 7:30 because I don't put my curtains or shutters down. Then again, I'm fine with 6 hours of sleep generally.
Posted Image

#25 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:06

View PostChyros, on 13 Aug 2010, 18:55, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 13 Aug 2010, 12:41, said:

I think there's something to say for it, actually. If you grow up without being taught that being late is bad, you're going to be one of those guys that always comes late to everything pissing off everyone in the process.

But going to court is a bit extreme wouldn't you think?

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users