Flood Control

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#26 retry_1

sniper extrordanare

• 2591 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 00:54

I don't really see why you people care about the flood control, about half your posts are no help to the topic at hand, and if you want to post, you can just wait, if it takes you less than a minute to be readdy to post in a seperate topic, odds are, you didn't read much of said topic and probably have no idea what you're talking about anyway.
Sig and avy by yours truly
Posted Image

#27 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:26

I disagree. Grant it to members with 4000+ posts seems fair to me :P

#28 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:40

2000 Maybe? And if the person in question is stable (mentally)?
Writing Thread

#29 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 17 December 2007 - 16:38

Yeah 2k is so fair for us. :P
Is quite annoying, I just have that problem v.v'

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#30 Zancloufer

Cause it looks Cool

• Project Team
  • 2605 posts
  • Projects: Stuff

Posted 17 December 2007 - 20:06

Or removed Flood Control for certain groups (like Project leaders +) as they can be trusted.

#31 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 17 December 2007 - 20:12

yes, i agree with that, but for admins/staff only, somming like that, 500+posts is not much to my knowledge, the only good thing about 500 posts is getting a custom title, not that ur trusted or somming lkike that

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

#32 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 20:48

or we just keep it like it is?

seriously, i haven't heard one real reason to change the current set up other than its "annoying".. just wait a minute... read another thread, watch something on youtube, boil an egg, there are many things that you can do in a minute :-)
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#33 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 21:10

or maybe ... just think abit of what you're writing before clicking that button :P
Posted Image

#34 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 21:37

Sometimes I don't need to. Bob, you're reasoning is... well, poorly-based to say the least. It takes a single action from one member to amend the flood control. To force trustworthy members to compensate on there own means that everybody puts in the effort to adhere to the current regulations. Thus, it affects all and it affects them indefinitely. Thus it makes far more sense to adjust the settings, even if it takes a minute or eight.

#35 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:00

Also, no offense, but the "NO U, I R MOD U NOT STFU" logic fails to make sense really. I'm with Boidy.
Writing Thread

#36 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 18 December 2007 - 14:46

View PostBoidy, on 17 Dec 2007, 21:37, said:

Sometimes I don't need to. Bob, you're reasoning is... well, poorly-based to say the least. It takes a single action from one member to amend the flood control. To force trustworthy members to compensate on there own means that everybody puts in the effort to adhere to the current regulations. Thus, it affects all and it affects them indefinitely. Thus it makes far more sense to adjust the settings, even if it takes a minute or eight.

*votes boidy* But to be an american president you need to invent your own words... work on that :)

How exactly does flood control stop double posting? Surely a double post stoppper like on some forums would be better :) (doesnt allow double posts for more than a day)

anyway 2000 + posts (+ teh smoodar:p) should be okay :D

Edited by smooder, 18 December 2007 - 14:48.

#37 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 18:15

I'm sorry but why has this turned into a flame bob thread?

I am merely stating that waiting 1 minute is hardly a bad thing to stop spaming.

We can't make affect people with certain post counts (apart from as stated by potp it may not be possible anyway) but also post count isn't an indication about the maturity of that specific member. For example, look at kacen, he had 2000+ post, which just proves anyone can spam. Similarly you cant go by member group, because project leaders have been banned/warned/demoted in the past, once again proving that member groups don't show maturity.

The only real way of doing this would be to individually decide for each member if they deserve it or not. This would be very very time consuming... and apart from that would cause yet again more tension on the forum. "why has he not got it, and i do!?!"

I still have yet to hear a good reason why it should be lifted anyway... What is wrong with waiting a minute?

Edited by Bob, 18 December 2007 - 18:15.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#38 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 20:05

If you only have two minutes to quickly go over some threads everything is wrong with it. Its very annoying too. Kacen spammed in the appropriate places, and did make some good, intelligent posts when he was in the right frame of mind.

#39 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 20:13

That is hardly the point. The point is even people with high post counts can and will spam.

If you only have 2 minutes read a thread, then there is no problem, because you have to post once and then the flood control will kick in and no matter how fast you read, you can't read 2 threads and make a considered reply to both all within 2 minutes, flood control or no flood control.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#40 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 22:54

You want a reason Bob? Because it pisses the hell out of me in some cases. Not the most common of my concerns, but it certainly is frustrating when it happens. How often do I make incoherent or absurd replies or spam up topics?

#41 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 22:59

View Postsmooder, on 18 Dec 2007, 8:46, said:

How exactly does flood control stop double posting? Surely a double post stoppper like on some forums would be better :) (doesnt allow double posts for more than a day)

Because when you press the reply button a second time the flood control pops up.

Oh and just a notification: I had to stop myself from insulting you for being a $^#% aswell, stop trying to be happy and witty while pointing out people's flaws. It doesn't work for you.

Edited by Lλmbda, 18 December 2007 - 23:00.

#42 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 23:14

View PostBoidy, on 18 Dec 2007, 22:54, said:

You want a reason Bob? Because it pisses the hell out of me in some cases. Not the most common of my concerns, but it certainly is frustrating when it happens. How often do I make incoherent or absurd replies or spam up topics?

Sometimes I don't need to. Bob, you're reasoning is... well, poorly-based to say the least.

:)
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#43 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 00:34

Funny. I wouldn't expect you to be as thickheaded as you are being right now. Lack of User Friendliness is a perfectly viable reason for a complaint. "Fix it yourself", however, goes against the idea of a hierarchy where the higher one is, the more power over the board one has.

#44 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:15

View PostLλmbda, on 18 Dec 2007, 22:59, said:

How exactly does flood control stop double posting? Surely a double post stoppper like on some forums would be better :P (doesnt allow double posts for more than a day)

Because when you press the reply button a second time the flood control pops up.

Oh and just a notification: I had to stop myself from insulting you for being a $^#% aswell, stop trying to be happy and witty while pointing out people's flaws. It doesn't work for you.

I hope you were not talking about me.

I was pointing out something on the board, not insulting anyone. It isnt just me that thinks this.

And if this is something to do with the reason yayo and zeke now hate me stay the fuck out of it.

Also I'm agreeing with Switch. It is fucking annoying.

EDIT: Also a double post blocker would be better than a long flood control? If doubkle posts is what you want to stop?

Edited by smooder, 19 December 2007 - 10:19.

#45 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 19 December 2007 - 14:28

Well, I'm going to leave soon my computer soon agan, and I'll go to an internet cafe, when the time is going to finnish and I need to post fast, the Flood control, is annoying. :P

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#46 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 14:36

Flood control is fine as it is.

Take it as the "life insurance" of the forums. You don't want us to be bombed with constant shock images (yes, it DOES happen and a double-post "blocker" can't fix this). Sure, these occasions may only happen once or twice a year - but without flood control, this would be 10 times the hell it is already for the staff to remove it.

I'd much rather wait a minute to post than open a thread to find a new post that is full of shock images.

My two cents.
~A.

Posted Image

#47 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 17:00

I find insurance to be overrated. Nobody should be FORCED to pay into it.

#48 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:58

View Postsmooder, on 19 Dec 2007, 4:15, said:

View PostLλmbda, on 18 Dec 2007, 22:59, said:

And if this is something to do with the reason yayo and zeke now hate me stay the fuck out of it.

Awww trying to win the sympathy of the forum and cause drama to get your point across? How cute.

I didn't even know about that until now btw. So it's not working.

Edited by Lλmbda, 20 December 2007 - 03:00.

#49 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:07

View PostBoidy, on 20 Dec 2007, 4:00, said:

I find insurance to be overrated. Nobody should be FORCED to pay into it.

Then don't blame me if you have epic mindfuck if someone spams longpain on the forums.

Posted Image

#50 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:09

Flood control is good, But what annoys me is. EVEN EDITING Your Post triggers the flood control...-_-'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users