←  Real Time Strategy

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Boycotting Red Alert 3

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 29 Feb 2008

The Cluster Missile in TS was just that. A regular HE cluster warhead missile. The other option was a Tiberium weed/Chemical missile.

JJ's Photo JJ 29 Feb 2008

Boycotting huh? How about playing it but still not giving EA any profit by getting it through "certain" sources :P.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 29 Feb 2008

To EA's Lawyers,

The E-Studios Management can not and does not support the use of illegal software in anyway, shape or form and would like to point out that TPAM does not represent our views or position on this subject. The E-Studios Management would like to suggest to it's membership that a legal and legitmate copy of RA3 be purchased by it's members and that they report any and all known copyright breaches to their local authorities as soon as possible.

*Takes head from between his legs and stops kissing his arse goodbye.*

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 29 Feb 2008

no nukes!? whaaaa?
i can predict now what the first thing to be added when ppl start modding ra3...

JJ's Photo JJ 29 Feb 2008

View PostWizard, on 29 Feb 2008, 16:57, said:

To EA's Lawyers,

The E-Studios Management can not and does not support the use of illegal software in anyway, shape or form and would like to point out that TPAM does not represent our views or position on this subject. The E-Studios Management would like to suggest to it's membership that a legal and legitmate copy of RA3 be purchased by it's members and that they report any and all known copyright breaches to their local authorities as soon as possible.

Did I said anything about piracy? :P

Troa Barton's Photo Troa Barton 29 Feb 2008

i won't boycott because i haven't played the others

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 29 Feb 2008

I'm willing to bet that another article got something hugely wrong. I mean, that other article very plainly said "Red Alert 3 does not, and will not have Command and Conquer in its name", to which Apoc relied "Uh, but it does... look at it..."

Oh, and piracy is killing PC gaming. You're a fool if you support it, EA game or not.
Edited by RaiDK, 29 February 2008 - 11:41.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 29 Feb 2008

View PostJJ_, on 29 Feb 2008, 10:08, said:

View PostWizard, on 29 Feb 2008, 16:57, said:

To EA's Lawyers,

Did I said anything about piracy? :P

Ha Ha an old boyscout moto - be prepared!