←  Games Modding

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Funny modding moments

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 11 Mar 2010

Oh awesome xD

Stalker's Photo Stalker 12 Mar 2010

I forgot to restore the original reload time of the Nuke...So...Look what the AI did

This also happened to me lots of times before -.-

Jordan's Photo Jordan 04 Jul 2010

I was testing out my new Swordion tank, and an Overlord wanted to crush it. But for some reason, it didn't die:

Posted Image

Since the Overlord couldn't attack it from there, it just stayed put. The Swordion then cut itself out of the Overlord tank:

Posted Image

-Jordan

GuardianTempest's Photo GuardianTempest 04 Jul 2010

View PostJordan, on 4 Jul 2010, 9:13, said:

I was testing out my new Swordion tank, and an Overlord wanted to crush it. But for some reason, it didn't die:

Posted Image

Since the Overlord couldn't attack it from there, it just stayed put. The Swordion then cut itself out of the Overlord tank:

Posted Image

-Jordan

That was so awesome, that's what a ninja would do...or an alien.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 04 Jul 2010

View PostJordan, on 4 Jul 2010, 8:13, said:

ZH vehicle crushing system is quite messed up. while infantry crushing can be done easily, vehicle crushing only do damage while the crusher moving (instead giving simultaneous damage). if the crusher stops, it not do any damage until it's moving again. that's why some tanks can still survive against overlord crushing for some time (until the actual overlord weapon kill the victim).

Heh, I gave the Overlord Tank gun a minimum range because of that. It's pretty entertaining though to see an Overlord shoot, only to see the shot suddenly loop backwards over the barrel and land right on top of it.

I remember trying to make my Uberlord crush buildings at one point. But, because of the GeometryIsSmall = No, it just wouldn't work. And changing that field allows everything to drive right through buildings.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 04 Jul 2010

actually, I think vehicles that can crush another vehicle should have passive weapon that do CRUSH damage with very small area of effect (as big as the vehicle's size). so even the vehicle not moving it still can give simultaneous damage.
and I think this also will worked with GeometryIsSmall = No.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 04 Jul 2010

But that'll result in having to make many weapon entries...

GeometryIsSmall tends to have different effects on buildings and vehicles. Even though I set it to no, tanks and vehicles still drove through one another like as if it was set to yes. But with structures, it almost seems like it forms an inpenetrable barrier around the structure, preventing any entry by vehicles that are coded to crush the structure.

A passive CRUSH weapon should definitely work. Just a quick FireWeaponUpdate module and it will instantly damage anything beneath it. And it could be coded so it doesn't damage allies, since sometimes units do overlap when a lot of allied units try to squeeze through a choke point. Best of all, it doesn't take up a weapon slot, and you can have as many modules as you'd like.

Give the ModuleTag something that won't end up being the same exact thing as another to prevent Worldbuilder errors, such as ModuleTag_ModuleTag_ModuleTag_1337, then just copy/paste the module to every unit in the game that is a crushing vehicle.

-Jordan

Kris's Photo Kris 04 Jul 2010

^^Have you tried giving the units a BOUNDINGBOX around the model? Like this:

Posted Image

I found out that adding this somewhat help improve the pathfinding and the vehicle crushing system. Another tip, switch the TREADS locomotor type of tanks to FOUR_WHEELS instead as i find it better for the pathfinding of tanks. But that would sacrifice a few minor locomotor effects seen only on the TREADS locomotor type.
Edited by Kris, 04 July 2010 - 04:46.

HawkBlade124's Photo HawkBlade124 23 Nov 2010

Posted Image

I was playing around with the promotional modual tags. and i got this for some reason. It didn't crash the system, just made the worker a heroic worker

R3ven's Photo R3ven 23 Nov 2010

"Get away, I'll hit you with my hammer!"

R3ven's Photo R3ven 20 Jul 2011

Posted Image

Some dude raging because we didn't make our mod in under 5 minutes and wouldn't make a completion list.

The video he is talking about is this.

Also, sorry for double post, but I thought this was pretty funny, to me anyways.

Zeke's Photo Zeke 20 Jul 2011

I know that guy!

I reported him once :xD:

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 20 Jul 2011

...what the hell! Frame you for cyberterrorism? :xD:

Destiny's Photo Destiny 20 Jul 2011

Why not tell him - We don't plan to release it for you. :xD:

CJ's Photo CJ 20 Jul 2011

Is he a member of the Cyberpolice? :xD:
Also, he already was banned from ModDB once... Seems like they're too lenient.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 20 Jul 2011

It actually does still amaze me that people are still like this on the internet. :/

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 20 Jul 2011

View PostWizard, on 20 Jul 2011, 14:01, said:

It actually does still amaze me that people are still like this on the internet. :/

Not just on the internet. There are many ingrate assholes like this everywhere, who are either too uneducated, stupid, or unwilling to realise they get this stuff for free, and then go bitch about how lazy, shitty, -insert random negative attribute here- you are.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 20 Jul 2011

and lately ModDB filled with these insolent bastards. D:
Edited by n5p29, 20 July 2011 - 16:00.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 20 Jul 2011

View PostWizard, on 20 Jul 2011, 13:01, said:

It actually does still amaze me that people are still like this on the internet. 8|

You should visit more then just FS and the IRC, then you would notice how many of those idiots are around :/

Zeke's Photo Zeke 10 Feb 2012

today I learned that you can basically put any object into China's mine field thingy.

AND SO:

Posted Image
I made the China CC spawn demo traps around it with the AlwaysCircular option set to No

Posted Image
Just some instant fortified bunkers.

Posted Image
Bunker makes bunkers that makes bunkers that makes bunkers that makes bunkers
BUNKCEPTION!!

Wizard's Photo Wizard 10 Feb 2012

How did that not make it into Crazy Mod :xD:

Destiny's Photo Destiny 10 Feb 2012

Awesome, just...awesome :xD: Can't imagine that with nukes or mobs.