←  Forum/Desktop Artwork

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Pav3d's Stuff

Gen.Kenobi's Photo Gen.Kenobi 08 Jul 2010

Amazing as always! You should get a job on the industry mate!

Warlock's Photo Warlock 08 Jul 2010

Wow, that's a nice looking AK |8

Chyros's Photo Chyros 08 Jul 2010

View PostPav:3d, on 8 Jul 2010, 1:40, said:

Went with Chyros's suggestion and made an AK

Posted Image

Probably my most low poly gun yet, its only around 4.5k
It's amazing though, I think you captured the feel of the wood quite well too :o . In one or two places, most notably the buttstock, you can see that it's "relatively" low-poly, but everywhere else I think you made very nice, smooth curves, especially in the magazine which I swear I can't see a single poly in. You went for a good, classic model too. I love it!! |8

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 08 Jul 2010

View PostChyros, on 8 Jul 2010, 7:36, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 8 Jul 2010, 1:40, said:

Went with Chyros's suggestion and made an AK

Posted Image

Probably my most low poly gun yet, its only around 4.5k
It's amazing though, I think you captured the feel of the wood quite well too :o . In one or two places, most notably the buttstock, you can see that it's "relatively" low-poly, but everywhere else I think you made very nice, smooth curves, especially in the magazine which I swear I can't see a single poly in. You went for a good, classic model too. I love it!! |8

I think the wood looks a bit plasticy to be honest, although as Chyros said, the magazine is excellent. If you fix the wood plasticyness I would say its pretty perfect.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 08 Jul 2010

I agree with Ion that there are parts of the wood that lack relief, whilst the edges seem to have some. But it's a pretty damn good model.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 08 Jul 2010

Yay, now that you are done with the standard weapons, I'm hoping to see some creative stuff |8

However, that is a very good AK, it would fit right in today's latest FPS games.

JJ's Photo JJ 08 Jul 2010

Neat AK, I want one. |8

Seriously, because owning anything that looks like a gun is illegal here! D:

Alias's Photo Alias 08 Jul 2010

Get a wood-grain bump map happening on the stock and it'll look great.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 08 Jul 2010

Wood is a pain to get right in vray for some reason (in mental ray its far easier, like on my m93r model), ill have to experiment more

Thanks for your feedback as always guys |8

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 09 Jul 2010

Don't know how i managed to miss this on here.
Looking very good as always :D
Every modeler has to make an AK at some point :read:

Mike

CJ's Photo CJ 14 Jul 2010

I was wondering : Which techniques do you use when modelling? Do you stick with editable polys or do you use the more advanced options like NURBS editing or Editable patches? :)

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 14 Jul 2010

I stick with editable poly, it has everything I need :)
Only just started to play with NURBS, and editable patch I dont really find a use for yet

CJ's Photo CJ 14 Jul 2010

Cheers, that's exactly what I thought :)
PS : Edit Patch can come in handy if you're planning to create organic objects, generally it's used when modeling characters (at least that's what the training videos I'm learning with say 8|)

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 14 Jul 2010

Organic objects you say? Ive been trying to get my head round doing those, Ill have to look into it

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 14 Jul 2010

Pav3d that AK's incredible man! Have you applied to work anywhere for graphics design? I bet you could be making a good amount of cash for doing this stuff. :)

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 14 Aug 2010

^Not yet, need a few years more experience first :read:

The USAS 12, no more boring grey backgrounds!

Posted Image

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 14 Aug 2010

Another amazing gun :O
The model and skin look pretty good although the butt looks a little angular.
Very nice work with the floor as well :read:

Mike

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 15 Aug 2010

Looks excellent man, though the grip looks a little off and the dust cover a tad... flat.

Alias's Photo Alias 15 Aug 2010

It looks far too much like plastic, as there is zero differentiation between the plastic bits and the metal bits besides colour.

Other than that, excellent work as always, mate.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 06 Oct 2010

Its been a while (due to getting EC out the door and Mass effect :duh:)

Posted Image

Inspired by mass effect and general sci fi ness.

Dr. Knickers's Photo Dr. Knickers 06 Oct 2010

I love the edging 8|

But I don't love the noise on the lights and the sharp edging on the grip too much :duh:
Edited by Dr. Knickers, 06 October 2010 - 17:50.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 06 Oct 2010

View PostDr. Knickers, on 6 Oct 2010, 18:47, said:

I love the edging |8

But I don't love the noise on the lights and the sharp edging on the grip too much 8|

Cheers

I think since I didnt do any texturing for a month I may have slipped a little :duh:

TheDR's Photo TheDR 06 Oct 2010

It looks very Mass Effectish, which isn't a bad thing :duh:

I think there is a bit too much scratching on the red bits, i feel they should be a bit more tougher in comparison to the black parts.

Dtneter's Photo Dtneter 06 Oct 2010

wow that smg looks very good.
Edited by Dtneter, 28 December 2011 - 15:50.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 06 Oct 2010

I'm not hot for fictive future weapons but that model is very nicely made tbh, and the skin looks very nice and convincing :o . Nice work!