←  Forum/Desktop Artwork

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Pav3d's Stuff

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 07 Oct 2010

Other than the possibly overdone scratches on the red parts, its looks pretty damn good to me :duh:

Mike

Encrypted's Photo Encrypted 07 Oct 2010

Awesome work, I agree with the read parts but other than that it wouldn't look out of place in Mass effect :duh:.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 07 Oct 2010

Although I am normally one to post some constructive criticism about even the best models/skins out there, don't listen to picky sods above :duh: They are bloody great models mate. You have a gift for this 8|

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 07 Oct 2010

Cheers guys,

I made and unwrapped a UMP45 before I started playing Mass Effect, but I kinda lost the inspiration to finish it after playing so much sci-fi 8|

Kalo's Photo Kalo 09 Oct 2010

That's actually really good, you should try putting it into a game sometime. And can I try skinning your UMP, Pav?! PLEEASE?
Edited by Kalo, 09 October 2010 - 04:13.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 09 Oct 2010

View PostKalo, on 9 Oct 2010, 5:10, said:

That's actually really good, you should try putting it into a game sometime. And can I try skinning your UMP, Pav?! PLEEASE?

Yeah sure, tis attached.

Attached File(s)

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 11 Nov 2010

You ever going to skin that UMP kalo? :D Coz im going to start soon.

For now here is something else Ive been working on, another ME inspired weapon

Posted Image

Umbrella Secrets's Photo Umbrella Secrets 11 Nov 2010

That looks awesome. :D

Though something is bothering me about the handle of the gun? I'm not sure if it is the white outline or something else?

Wizard's Photo Wizard 11 Nov 2010

Is it supposed to be a cloth handle??

Very nice, as always Pav:3d

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 11 Nov 2010

All Mass Effect guns have that kind of a handle, what it's made of...nobody knows. Looks awesome :D

A cloth handle? :D The white line is just a lining, or seam. edit: yeah rho pretty much explained it :P

cheeers guys! :P
Edited by Pav:3d, 11 November 2010 - 20:11.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 11 Nov 2010

Looking good.

Are these going to be used for anything? :D

View PostTheDR, on 11 Nov 2010, 20:11, said:

Looking good.

Nah, just for fun/practice atm. One day ill make a scene with all my guns in it :P

Kalo's Photo Kalo 11 Nov 2010

View PostPav:3d, on 11 Nov 2010, 20:15, said:

View PostTheDR, on 11 Nov 2010, 20:11, said:

Looking good.

Nah, just for fun/practice atm. One day ill make a scene with all my guns in it :P

I have it open now, I was busy with passing my drivers test after having waited for the car to be fixed after being totaled. If you feel like texturing it, don't let me stop you. I work a little too slow sometimes.
Edited by Kalo, 11 November 2010 - 23:59.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 15 Nov 2010

So it is!

I employed a few new techniques into this. I used a Ambient Occlusion texture map to get the shadows in place, its extremely handy and easy to do, I would def suggest looking it up. And I wish Id found out about this ages ago. (If I knew about this when I was doing lots of ZH texturing it wouldave saved me a HUGE amount of time :xD:) Also used my tablet to do some texturing, which also speeds up the process and makes damage look more natural. And also I used mudbox's amazing texturing tools to get the camo texture as seamless as I could.

Posted Image

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 15 Nov 2010

sexy skin is sexy

Gen.Kenobi's Photo Gen.Kenobi 15 Nov 2010

Hmm... you could should have tried to add some Depth of Field to make it look more natural :xD:

Otherwize awesome job. Baking AO maps really rocks!

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 15 Nov 2010

View PostGen.Kenobi, on 15 Nov 2010, 22:07, said:

Hmm... you could should have tried to add some Depth of Field to make it look more natural :P

Otherwize awesome job. Baking AO maps really rocks!

Tho I understand this would be helpful in making it look more realistic, A depth of field effect would mean losing out on some details. Cheers tho, AO maps are very handy indeed :xD:

edit: infact, after some playing around in PS im undecided, here is a version with a depth of field effect.

Posted Image
Edited by Pav:3d, 15 November 2010 - 22:39.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 16 Nov 2010

Holy crap. I never really liked the looks of the UMP, but this one looks well wicked. I wish the skin was in CoD, too, it's amazing :xD: .

Warlock's Photo Warlock 16 Nov 2010

Pretty UMP45 :xD:

TheDR's Photo TheDR 16 Nov 2010

Looks good, you are churning them out now :xD:

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 16 Nov 2010

These are easily up to your high standards :xD:
Are you going to release these for public use in mods?

Mike

Stalker's Photo Stalker 16 Nov 2010

Excellent work again!

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 16 Nov 2010

@Doc: I had that one in the pipe for a while, it just got put aside for the Mass Effect guns :xD:
@Mike: Not for public use, but if mods on here ask me to use them, then Im more than happy to let them.

@everyone: cheers for your comments :P

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 16 Nov 2010

I'm impressed Paved, your work has improved tenfold since I last checked your thread. Good job!