←  First Person Shooters

Fallout Studios Forums

»

TF2 Update Thread

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 10 Mar 2010

http://www.teamfortr...ost.php?id=3539

As you can see, this is call "Repair Node". Well, unlike dispenser anyway.

I can't wait full update. :rolleyes:

Destiny's Photo Destiny 10 Mar 2010

The repair node looks toasted/chocolate :rolleyes:

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 10 Mar 2010

But when the engineer has time to get away from his base, what's he going to do? Introducing the repair node doesn't make sense if they don't upgrade his weaponry.

Libains's Photo Libains 10 Mar 2010

This is a throwaway item, they won't be including this as it is too gamebreaking :rolleyes:

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 10 Mar 2010

View PostDestiny, on 9 Mar 2010, 19:39, said:

The repair node looks toasted/chocolate :rolleyes:

That's not real complete model. :D
Also, they're trying show progress with engineer update and I think thye're explanied how to advantage against any classes. Specially, how to stop or defend against spy.
Edited by MR.Kim, 10 March 2010 - 00:51.

Soul's Photo Soul 10 Mar 2010

At least we know why Engie's update has been taking so long :rolleyes:.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 10 Mar 2010

VALVe tries to be unique with TF2, and with some of the weapon choices they've made and try to make, that's readily apparent. This update is proof also.

At least they're showing some progress, even though, by what they've shown, Engie is still a fair ways off. The plus and minus is that it appears they test an idea quite thoroughly and look at its applications for both offense and defense.

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 15 Apr 2010

Sorry about necron post(Well, still my topic). :)

New update:
Added Sam & Max items
Fixed the Demoman's Fro not cloaking properly when being used by a disguised Spy
Reduced the damage bonus the Equalizer receives as the player loses health
The speed boost was not changed

Community Request:
Added a flag to info_particle_system to mark particle systems as "weather" effects

What the heck? Sam & Max items?

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 15 Apr 2010

They're reskins of the revolver and pistol you can use if you buy the new S&M game. Other than that they're exactly alike.
Edited by Hobbesy, 15 April 2010 - 21:45.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 15 Apr 2010

The more interesting news is the new map behind the heavy and the pyro.

Posted Image

Some sort of snow capture point map i hope :)

Edit: Oh no, it is Viaduct, damn.
Edited by TheDR, 15 April 2010 - 21:58.

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 22 Apr 2010

Here some interesting about significant changes to the item drop system.

Check TF2 site: http://www.teamfortress.com/

Is this mean better drop system than current drop system? I hopefully this is will be good one.
Edited by MR.Kim, 22 April 2010 - 15:37.

Amdrial's Photo Amdrial 22 Apr 2010

This system was pretty much designed to be anti-idling, so yes, certainly an improvement ^^.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 22 Apr 2010

Hell to the yes.

Took them far too long to do it however D:

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 22 Apr 2010

View PostMR.Kim, on 22 Apr 2010, 11:37, said:

Is this mean better drop system than current drop system? I hopefully this is will be good one.

I sort of noticed this last night when I was playing. I died, got an item. Then, after 3 or 4 more deaths, I received another item. I thought it a bit odd that I had received item drops so close together, but now that I've read that article, I understand why.

I had heard about the max item drops a week, which to me.......seems a bit off, but if the drops are going to be more frequent, then it evens out nicely.

CJ's Photo CJ 22 Apr 2010

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 22 Apr 2010, 18:32, said:

I sort of noticed this last night when I was playing. I died, got an item. Then, after 3 or 4 more deaths, I received another item. I thought it a bit odd that I had received item drops so close together, but now that I've read that article, I understand why.

I had heard about the max item drops a week, which to me.......seems a bit off, but if the drops are going to be more frequent, then it evens out nicely.

Well maybe you'll finally stop idling now :P

Pandut's Photo Pandut 22 Apr 2010

I wonder if they'll use the fan suggested nail-gun with radioactive nails.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 23 Apr 2010

View PostArgetlam, on 22 Apr 2010, 14:08, said:

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 22 Apr 2010, 18:32, said:

Well maybe you'll finally stop idling now :P

Alright........seriously. Enough. I don't care what section of the forums this post is in. Enough. Quit with the teasing, the "innocent" phrases, the put-downs, all of it. How I choose to play the game is my business, and it is none of your concern.

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 23 Apr 2010

Well you have a nice collection of hats, however you obtained them (I'm aware the data is probably outdated by now)
Edited by deltaepsilon, 23 April 2010 - 13:21.

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 29 Apr 2010

New patch just in. 8|

"Crit-a-Cola"? Is this boost a crit? 8| Woo~

Destiny's Photo Destiny 29 Apr 2010

Might be for Scout 8|

CJ's Photo CJ 29 Apr 2010

Airblasting enemies into environmental deaths now awards the death credit to the Pyro.

Best news ever 8|

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 29 Apr 2010

In before someone screams OMG THEY NERFED THE PYRO EVEN MORE!!!11 (note: I do like this patch very much. Being able to keep a lit arrow while not having to keep it prepared, fucking up your aim is wonderful 8|)

ΓΛPTΘΓ's Photo ΓΛPTΘΓ 29 Apr 2010

I think they buffed the Pyro instead of nerfing it, I rather like the changes suits my playstyle. But yes, they made the backburner even more useless now.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 29 Apr 2010

They did nerf the Pyro in one respect. Note the 20% reduction in direct damage from the flamethrower.

I'm actually interested in the Crit-a-Cola myself, as it seems like an item drop.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 29 Apr 2010

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 29 Apr 2010, 16:38, said:

They did nerf the Pyro in one respect. Note the 20% reduction in direct damage from the flamethrower.

I'm actually interested in the Crit-a-Cola myself, as it seems like an item drop.

But they buffed him with less ammo for air-blast, which is a great help 8|