←  Game Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Simcity 4 ( Warning, big images)

Bakelitu's Photo Bakelitu 07 Aug 2012

yeah stumbled upon this thread http://sc4devotion.c...php?topic=361.0 and looked through everything they had. Too bad that most sites are down though ):

got to say I love the japanese bats. If there werent these language problems sometimes for dependencies and stuff xD

got bored so heres some new stuff :>

Here we see the old Nuclear Powerplant that is in service since 34 years. Currently they are testing a new Reactor Generation.
Even though there are some sort of effective they need a hell lot of cooling so they got 4 cooling towers and there own radiated swimming pound thing.
Posted Image

eh that thing to convert high voltage into low voltage or whatever can't remember the name xD
Posted Image

Since this Nuclear Reactor is the perfect Target. The Goverment decided to guard it with its own army and even some Mobile Suits.
Currently we see the 78. MS team moving out for a patrol.
Posted Image

well its a Rice Farmer Village near a Nuclear Reactor that radiates everything. Nothing more.
Posted Image
Edited by MobiusOne, 07 August 2012 - 22:07.

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 08 Aug 2012

“that radiates everything" XD

It looks quite good. By the way, these plants actually do generate power, no?

Bakelitu's Photo Bakelitu 08 Aug 2012

Yep they do even those grey power converters do. This whole city or "reactor area" got a shitload of Power... to waste.

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 09 Aug 2012

sell the power |8

Bakelitu's Photo Bakelitu 09 Aug 2012

yeah already doing it ^^
well nothing to say to those pictures just a little nameless village across the Highway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 10 Aug 2012

I really love how these rice fields and houses "remind" me of what Japan looks like. GJ

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 14 Dec 2012

Ah you're a fan of the Japanese style eh mobius?

Anyway, one of my larger downtown areas - nearly finished :)

Posted Image

EDIT: Essentially finished.

Day,
Posted Image

Night,
Posted Image
Edited by Ion Cannon!, 14 December 2012 - 14:15.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 13 May 2013

Posted Image

Soul's Photo Soul 16 Jul 2013

Does this game a steep learning curve, cause I'm thinking of getting it for the steam sale. But I'm unsure if I'd be able to handle it, seeing all these screenshots and the videos on Youtube has my interest for this game.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 16 Jul 2013

Well, yes and no. It's easy to play, but very hard to master. Until you fully grasped it, it'll take a while. But you should get the basics fairly easily. Do play the tutorials, and gets the Network Addon Mod.

Raven's Photo Raven 17 Jul 2013

I'm also tempted. I bought Tropico 4 earlier and not sure whether I can spend more time on this. T4 is already eating up my gaming time.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 17 Jul 2013

Simcity 4 is a worthy purchase. Don't worry about not knowing how to play because it's all about trial and error, a few failed cities and you will pick it up.

Alias's Photo Alias 17 Jul 2013

Yeah, once you figure out regions Simcity 4 is pretty straightforward.

Soul's Photo Soul 17 Jul 2013

Ok, I decided to go for it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 12 Dec 2013

Totally forgot I had SC4 on my PC. So here's some progress on my region.

The lower left is all industry, lower right is mostly manufacturing and hightech industry, and the middle and upper left is residencial and commercial. middle left is about 40:30:30 Commercial, Residencial and IHT.

Posted Image
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 12 December 2013 - 14:43.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 12 Dec 2013

Ah, good old industry scum town :P

I hope they have appropriate names like 'Sickville' and 'Pollution City'.

nedarivers's Photo nedarivers 08 Jul 2017

I too use the quadrupler .
Edited by nedarivers, 08 July 2017 - 12:58.