←  Real Time Strategy

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Planetary Annihilation

TheDR's Photo TheDR 15 Aug 2012

Watch this video!

I don't want to spoil it, just watch the start of the video and see for yourself.

Sure, it's just a concept video so far, but even the idea of an RTS being large scale again seems like a dream come true. Finally some good game news after the disappointing C&C Pay to Win...

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Aug 2012

Finally, the sequel/remake (or whatever you want to call it) that Total Annihilation deserves. Supreme Commander was nice, but it lacked quite a bit of the truly brilliant things of Total Annihilation. No need to even mention the abortion that was Supreme Commander 2.

The fact they have so many people from the original game working on this is great (especially Lowrie, greatest game narrator ever).

Trailer is very promising, not just the scale but the fact that it looks and feels like Total Annihilation should.

High hopes. If it seems as all is good I will probably put $50 in about a week before closing. First Kickstarter game that actually seems worthwhile funding.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 16 Aug 2012

That actually looks pretty fucking awesome.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 16 Aug 2012

Pledged the last 15€ I had on my paypal account. Simply because I can throw asteroids at people!

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 16 Aug 2012

Indeed, this looks pretty legit. And yup, throwing asteroids at people's even more legit. If only I have money right now to fund it...

Bakelitu's Photo Bakelitu 16 Aug 2012

reminded me slightly of Spore but hell this looks freakingly awesome. Always wanted to have such a fullscale RTS game.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 16 Aug 2012

View PostChyros, on 16 August 2012 - 00:58, said:

That actually looks pretty fucking awesome.
Indeed :D

Might have to pledge some cash myself for this one.

Libains's Photo Libains 16 Aug 2012

That just looks and feels exactly like TA, plus epic new features. Incoming pledge from my account the next time I get paid methinks.

Raven's Photo Raven 16 Aug 2012

Hell yes...this looks more like it and sort of put me up again after EA f***ed up my day.....I think i might also make a pledge to this.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 16 Aug 2012

View PostAlias, on 16 August 2012 - 00:30, said:

No need to even mention the abortion that was Supreme Commander 2.

Speak for yourself.
I find SC2 extremely fun.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 16 Aug 2012

^This pretty much. Granted, I found SC1 to be better overall, but SC2 is still extremely fun.

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Aug 2012

If you ever invested time into Total Annihilation (or even a significant time into SupCom) you would know where the hate comes from. It is akin to C&C4. It is an inverse sequel in ever form of the word. Everything it changed was getting rid of things rather than adding or refining. Didn't particularly help the case either considering what they changed was key mechanics of the series.

There really isn't any excuse for it, really, there wasn't even any reason to make a sequel in the first place.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 16 Aug 2012

I own TA and all the expansions, as well as SC1.

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 16 Aug 2012

One day since yesterday and it's already at 230k. If you want to support, you may want to do it fast... just saying.

General's Photo General 16 Aug 2012

Wow thats what I wanted for years. I like world domination kind of rts. I once addicted to Kane's Wrath's global conquest even though it was shit in some ways. But this one is my dream come true. now all I need is worlds divided into some borders and I capture them one by one and build persistent bases just like in Dark Crusade !

Soul's Photo Soul 17 Aug 2012

That game looks awesome! DO WANT :D!

General's Photo General 17 Aug 2012

Wrong topic is wrong lol
Edited by General, 17 August 2012 - 18:13.

Soul's Photo Soul 29 Aug 2012

They reached the 900k goal!

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 01 Sep 2012

Just became a $40 backer.

Soul's Photo Soul 02 Sep 2012

Three stretch goals reviled so far, Water planets and naval units, Gas planets and Enhanced orbital units, and Lava and metal planets.

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 07 Sep 2012

Le bump: new stretch goal, Galactic War. 60k money in 7 days if that's going to be a reality.

http://www.kickstart...ts/posts/303555

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 07 Sep 2012

500k you mean.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 07 Sep 2012

I'd back them but the bleeding thing only accepts credit cards >.> . Love to see how well this game is doing so far, but 500k in 7 days is rather an optimistic goal Oo .

Libains's Photo Libains 07 Sep 2012

View PostChyros, on 07 September 2012 - 09:44, said:

I'd back them but the bleeding thing only accepts credit cards >.> . Love to see how well this game is doing so far, but 500k in 7 days is rather an optimistic goal Oo .

You kind of need one if you're going to be coming to this country matey :P Also, highly optimistic, but I reckon they could do it, it's looking like they have the number of backers, now just to get them to part with more money ;)

Raven's Photo Raven 08 Sep 2012

It seems that paypal donations count towards the stretch goal as well apart from the KS donations.So they might achieve it :)