←  Real Time Strategy

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Planetary Annihilation

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 13 Sep 2012

View PostChyros, on 12 September 2012 - 23:06, said:

By their projections, the next two goals have a pretty good chance of being met too. You guys better be in for some games when this hits |8 .

If I can have time then yes, but I'll need time to compstomp before getting pwned |8

Also, did you pledge for early beta?

EDIT: Galactic War stretch goal achieved! :awsome:
Edited by Admiral FCS, 13 September 2012 - 05:55.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 13 Sep 2012

View PostAdmiral FCS, on 13 September 2012 - 04:32, said:

View PostChyros, on 12 September 2012 - 23:06, said:

By their projections, the next two goals have a pretty good chance of being met too. You guys better be in for some games when this hits |8 .

If I can have time then yes, but I'll need time to compstomp before getting pwned |8

Also, did you pledge for early beta?
Yus.

EDIT: Galactic War stretch goal achieved! :awsome:
YUS!

Soul's Photo Soul 14 Sep 2012

Wow they are really close to 2 mil now.

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 14 Sep 2012

View PostSoul, on 14 September 2012 - 00:28, said:

They just reached 2 mil! Orchestral Score!

Chyros's Photo Chyros 14 Sep 2012

View PostAdmiral FCS, on 14 September 2012 - 04:55, said:

View PostSoul, on 14 September 2012 - 00:28, said:

They just reached 2 mil! Orchestral Score!
Fuck yeah! This game is going to be unforgettable! :D

Alias's Photo Alias 14 Sep 2012

Hopefully there's at least a guest contribution by Jeremy Soule. Part of what made TA so good. 8|

^That would be a pretty expensive contribution I'd wager, however considering they've gone as far as to recruit Lowrie I'm pretty sure the music will at least make a nod towards TA's.

Raven's Photo Raven 14 Sep 2012

alright...time for the confession... I haven't played TA.....I just love the look of PA though. Is it still worth playing now? Are there any high res packs available? I've seen a lot of mods on moddb for this.

You can get it, including expansions, on GOG for $6: http://www.gog.com/e..._commander_pack

IMO it's still a great game, much more complex and deep than other RTS games. It will be considerably different from what you're used to in RTS games though, probably.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 14 Sep 2012

It looks like they really are going to make this the best RTS game in recent memory. I'd hate to be them right now, they have to live up to that epic video :P

2,1 M reached within time not even counting the Paypal donations. Guess we're gonna get the whole shebang :D .

TheDR's Photo TheDR 14 Sep 2012

They are doing a countdown Q&A, its quite interesting :D

Raven's Photo Raven 15 Sep 2012

View PostChyros, on 14 September 2012 - 11:09, said:

You can get it, including expansions, on GOG for $6: http://www.gog.com/e..._commander_pack

IMO it's still a great game, much more complex and deep than other RTS games. It will be considerably different from what you're used to in RTS games though, probably.

hmmm I guess SupCom 1 is what comes most closes to this?

Alias's Photo Alias 15 Sep 2012

To an extent, but even Supreme Commander was quite far from what TA was. The closest thing was TASpring back in the day (which was just about a 1:1 clone on better technology), but it devolved and diversified a lot ever since Supreme Commander was released.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 26 Mar 2013

Tech Demo

Edited by Slye_Fox, 26 March 2013 - 14:10.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 26 Mar 2013

Their technology really looks quite smart and innovative, I love how much thought they're putting into this :) .

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 28 Mar 2013

I really love how much they are involving the backers and fans in the making of the game. Telling alot about the tech they are building for it, asking backers/fans opinions on things, having the thing moddable, which is pretty rare nowadays. Looking to be one hell of a game. Hopefully we'll get some games together in fallout after the release :cool:

Chyros's Photo Chyros 05 Apr 2013

Biome (planet type) concept sketch.

Yeah.

Posted Image

2048 x 5600 version here:
http://www.uberent.c...biome-concepts/

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 07 Apr 2013

It's looking pretty damn sweet. Have to say, I really enjoy the look of the game so far.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 07 Apr 2013

Btw, has anyone heard whether there will be two sides? So far I think we've only seen units and buildings from one side.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 07 Apr 2013

It's only one 'side'. The alleviates problems like balancing ect, stuff that would cost a lot more than the budget allows.

Soul's Photo Soul 07 Apr 2013

But people could always mod in new sides if they wish, I believe.

Wanderer's Photo Wanderer 10 Apr 2013

Yeap. The Roleplay-reason for the "only one side" thing is that they have advanced so far in technology, that everybody is using the best stuff available =same units. But the game is being made really moddable, so adding new sides shouldn't be impossible.

Alias's Photo Alias 10 Apr 2013

Here's hoping for a 100% Arm and Core remake mod.

Liten's Photo Liten 22 Apr 2013

Last fridays Livestream, with Pre-Alpha gameplay. It looks really cool 8D