The latest oddities

1469 replies to this topic

#1301 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:50

http://thestar.com.m...4288&sec=nation

BATU PAHAT: An argument between two friends on Facebook spilled over from cyberspace and led to the killing of a teenager outside a shopping complex here.
If there is ever a competition for a nation of retards, I am going to nominate Malaysia, patriotism be damned! :duh:

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#1302 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:31

Krieger22, on 25 June 2012 - 07:50, said:

http://thestar.com.m...4288&sec=nation

BATU PAHAT: An argument between two friends on Facebook spilled over from cyberspace and led to the killing of a teenager outside a shopping complex here.
If there is ever a competition for a nation of retards, I am going to nominate Malaysia, patriotism be damned! :duh:

Its only a matter of time before the same thing happens in america but its some psycho with an assulat rifle or some other retardedly OP gun.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#1303 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:15

http://news.ninemsn....ops-on-facebook

Michael Shane Hagger, who has three warrants issued for his arrest, wrote 'hoo rah' in response to a message on the Tauhara Paetiki Neighbourhood Policing Team's Facebook page calling for information about his whereabouts.
Police responded to Hagger's post, thanking him for liking the page and asking him to contact a detective to “arrange getting these matters sorted,” msn.co.nz reports.
Hagger received more than 50 “likes” in response to his post; which has since been removed. After other Facebook users suggested detectives would have generated more leads by leaving Hagger's posts on the page, police admitted they were out of their depth with social media.
"Fair call, we are new to this social media thing and the posts appeared to be detracting from the purpose of the thread... But in the long game the purpose of the page is not about creating traffic and having things go viral," they posted.
Joby Cummings, who also responded, warned such posts could be easily manipulated by internet pranksters and suggested 'having citizens telling on each other is pretty sad and bad ethics.'
Hagger told the New Zealand Herald he was unable to attend court as he had just come off methadone, but said he had sent a friend to the court with an explanation that was dismissed by the judge.
"I took in a doctor's report and a medical certificate to have the matter adjourned and the judge said 'Mr Hagger is a liar and a thief and I'm not going to look at this'. Didn't even look at it and he put a warrant out for my arrest," he said.
Hagger said he planned to turn himself in, and wanted the matter to be dealt with swiftly so he could get on with his life.

What a legend!

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#1304 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:32

*palmface*
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1305 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:54

Chyros, on 07 July 2012 - 07:32, said:

*palmface*

The only way that could've kicked up a bigger controversy is if the fellow was humming Ride of the Valkyries while the deed was done.

Sareen said:

#1306 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:11

Krieger22, on 08 July 2012 - 04:54, said:

*palmface*

The only way that could've kicked up a bigger controversy is if the fellow was humming Ride of the Valkyries while the deed was done.

I don't see the problem with that, So he's trying to enjoy his job......

#1307 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:58

Major Fuckup, on 08 July 2012 - 06:11, said:

Krieger22, on 08 July 2012 - 04:54, said:

*palmface*

I don't see the problem with that, So he's trying to enjoy his job......

So, you think it is appropriate that a person, even a soldier, should enjoy killing?

You know what happens when people start enjoying killing?
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1308 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:49

http://news.ninemsn....-on-tiny-runway

A US Air Force pilot was left red-faced after accidentally landing a massive C-17 cargo plane at the wrong airport, which was much too small for it.
Stunned witnesses filmed the plane touching down at the tiny Peter P. Knight Airport on Davis Islands, Florida — which is surrounded by houses — on July 21.
The footage shows the aircraft barreling towards the end of the tiny runway after landing and sending up a cloud of dust as someone can be heard saying, "Oh my god! Oh no!"
Luckily the pilot manages to stop the plane just metres before it runs off the tarmac.
Witnesses told a local TV station they feared the plane would end up crashing through the airport fence and into Tampa Bay.
"It was extremely loud, the wings were wavering a little bit because he [the pilot] was doing a curving type of thing," witness Don Sipila told WTSP.
"We all thought he was going to go off the end, clearly this was the wrong airport for this aircraft.”
Mr Sipila, who is also a pilot, said he suspects the air force pilot mistook the tiny airport for an air force base eight-kilometres away.
The airport was closed for much of the day as the plane blocked both runways.
The lost pilot eventually flew out that night, but the air force has not released information on what caused the mix up or what might happen to the crew.

Edited by Major Fuckup, 22 July 2012 - 08:50.

#1309 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 15:31

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ernsey-18981141

Guernsey States defrauded of airport money

Deputy St Pier said an external review would be commissioned
The States of Guernsey has been defrauded of £2.6m, the island's Treasury and Resources Minister has announced.
Deputy Gavin St Pier said a payment had been due to be paid to Lagan Construction, which is currently carrying out the airport redevelopment.
However, the payment made on 10 July was made to a third party bank account.
He said a police investigation had been launched with the hope of recovering the funds.
Deputy St Pier said: "The department received a fraudulent letter that purported to be from Lagan Construction advising of a change in their bank account.
"These instructions appeared to be genuine and the department made the change to its systems.
"So when due the next monthly payment was paid to the third party's account and not to Lagan."
He said: "The department does of course have internal controls in place, clearly these were inadequate in preventing this particular fraud from occurring.
"The internal controls were immediately changed to prevent a recurrence."
Deputy St Pier said the Policy Council had agreed to commission an independent external review.
Guernsey Police's commercial fraud department said one arrest had been made in the UK in connection with the fraud and a small percentage of the funds recovered.
Det Con Nigel Henaghen said it would be "a complex and protracted investigation" and they were being assisted by the Guernsey Border Agency.

#1310 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 18:11

Sums up the States. D;
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#1311 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:17

http://www.reuters.c...804329020120803

Public displays of affection can be sickening in most situations, but a Kansas couple may have taken it to an extreme when they were arrested for putting on a Walmart sex show.

Curb your enthusiasm?

Sareen said:

#1312 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 15:02

American drives around with twice the lethal amount of alcohol:

A 24-year-old Iowa man has been arrested for allegedly attempting to drive his car while having a blood alcohol level of 0.627 - twice what is required to kill a man.
Justin A. Clark of North Liberty was reported to the police by anxious Red Barn Drive residents who telephoned 911 to complain he was driving 'all over the road' in his black 2007 Toyota Yaris.
When police arrived, Clark was sitting in his car revving the engine and upon being asked if he knew what day it was he stated, 'three but now it is four.'

Clark was also unable to exit his car properly on the evening of July 29th, walk on his own or perform simple roadside aptitude tests according to the police.
When asked by the police if he knew where he was, Clark is reported to have replied, 'home' even though he was not near to his own apartment.

Clark was transported to hospital as a precaution by the police who took a blood test which revealed that his blood alcohol level at least one hour after apprehended by the police stood at 0.627.
Most health professionals across the United States advise that a blood alcohol level of 0.30 percent and above can cause a coma or for the person to die.
'That's astronomically high and the highest I've ever heard of,' said Michael Takacs, a clinical assistant professor of emergency medicine at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics to The Gazette.
'For even the most seasoned alcoholic, 0.627 would be a lethal dose possibly.'

Having posed for his mugshot over two weeks after his drinking and driving spree, Clark was called lucky for not having died.
Takacs said that most people in his condition would be admitted to the intensive care unit to guard against possible organ or respiratory failure.
Clark is scheduled to appear for a preliminary court hearing on September the 4 after being charged with driving under the influence.

sauce: http://www.dailymail...ml#ixzz23hRBwRF
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1313 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:43

Elderly Women Ruins Artwork

The image, painted by 19th-century artist Elías García Martínez, had reportedly been deteriorating for some time.

The woman in her 80s, a neighbour of the church in which the fresco is located, attempted to restore the painting 'without permission but with good intentions'.
But a donation from the artist's granddaughter was about to fix that when the neighbour got in first to have a crack at fixing it up.
Once the budding artist realised she was in over her head, she confessed to local authorities.
A professional restorer is reportedly now set to assess the damage and see if the fresco can be saved.

Scroll down for the reveal...

Posted Image

:xD:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#1314 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 17:44

Well that's cheered me up a bit after the sad new of Studio Liverpool shutting down. :xD:

It's Mr. Bean all over again. :xD:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#1315 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:56

Chyros, on 16 August 2012 - 15:02, said:

American drives around with twice the lethal amount of alcohol:

Americans ain't got shit on Bulgaria

http://www.novinite....ws.php?id=43228

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#1316 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:25

Blizzard cuts off Iranian access to World of Warcraft

US trade sanctions have led game maker Blizzard to cut off access to World of Warcraft (Wow) in Iran.

Blizzard posted a statement to its player-forum site after hundreds of Iranian players said they had lost access to the game.

Access was lost recently, it said, because it had "tightened up its procedures" to comply with sanctions.

This also meant, said Blizzard, that it could not give refunds to players or transfer their accounts.

Broader block
The problem for Iranians came to light late last week as hundreds of players in the country posted messages to Blizzard's European Battle.net forums complaining they could no longer access the game.

Many of those posting messages said they could not connect directly to World of Warcraft but could get access when they used a proxy server outside Iran.

The outpouring of complaints led Blizzard to post a statement explaining what had happened.

The statement said US economic sanctions and trade restrictions meant it could not do business with people living in certain nations. One of which was Iran.

"This week, Blizzard tightened up its procedures to ensure compliance with these laws, and players connecting from the affected nations are restricted from access to Blizzard games and services," read the statement.

Unfortunately, said Blizzard, the same sanctions meant it could not give refunds to players in Iran or help them move their account elsewhere.

"We apologise for any inconvenience this causes and will happily lift these restrictions as soon as US law allows," it added.

Although the block on Wow has been imposed by Blizzard, other reports suggest a wider government ban might have been imposed.

Players of Wow and other games, including Guild Wars, said when they had tried to log in they had been redirected to a page saying the connection had been blocked because the games promoted "superstition and mythology".

Blizzard said it had no information about Iranian government action against online games.

Cause, like, yeah, WoW players are well known for aiding and abetting the infrastructure of producing nuclear material during their quests..... :/

Craxy Sauce

#1317 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:04

http://en.paperblog....s-coins-294795/

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.
the funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.
Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.[indent]
You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.
A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.
[/indent]

#1318 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:10

Major Fuckup, on 30 August 2012 - 09:04, said:

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.
the funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.
Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.[indent]
You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.
[/indent]

Disapproved

Allegedly was a 9gag joke

*slowpoke.jpg

Edited by Wizard, 30 August 2012 - 11:25.

#1319 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 13:06

Wizard, on 30 August 2012 - 11:10, said:

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple's headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of "geeks with style" and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.[indent]
You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that's not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.
[/indent]

Disapproved

*slowpoke.jpg

Awww.....That would have been cool if it was!

#1320 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 13:09

Major Fuckup, on 30 August 2012 - 13:06, said:

Wizard, on 30 August 2012 - 11:10, said:

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple's headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of "geeks with style" and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.[indent]
You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that's not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.
[/indent]

Disapproved

*slowpoke.jpg

Awww.....That would have been cool if it was!
Indeed. Epic Trolling would have been Epic!

#1321 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:35

http://news.ninemsn....n-adelaide-home

An Adelaide man has been charged with a number of weapons offences after police allegedly found a 3m air-to-air missile in his home among a cache of weapons.
Officers uncovered the disarmed Sidewinder missile last week at Modbury North, in the city's northeastern suburbs, AdelaideNow reports.
The heat-seeking projectile is used by the RAAF's F/A-18 Hornet fighter jets and is equipped with an explosive warhead and infrared guidance system, which locks onto the heat signals of enemy aircraft.
The projectile is 3.2m long and weighs around 85kg.
A 51-year-old man was charged with offences including possessing dangerous articles, unlawful possession and unregistered and insecure firearms.
Police are investigating how the man came into possession of the military-grade weapon.

Who down here doesn't own a sidewinder?

#1322 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:22

Jon Stewart opened The Daily Show‘s final night in Tampa by basking in the “awesome” and “hilarious” speech Clint Eastwood gave at the Republican National Convention, which consisted of the Oscar-winning actor yelling at a chair for ten minutes. But while Stewart was awe-struck over Eastwood’s speech, he was not so kind to Mitt Romney‘s acceptance speech, bashing it as being a whitewash of American history.

Stewart admitted he was “dispirited” by being in Tampa all week, but at the last second, Eastwood saved him with “a fist full of awesome.” He gleefully expressed his amazement that Eastwood “spent twelve minutes on the most important night of Mitt Romney’s life yelling at a chair,” describing the speech as the most amazing old-man moment he’s seen since “Dick Cheney non-fatally shot one in the face.”

Stewart told the Tampa crowd that in New York City, it’s not uncommon to see old men yelling at inanimate objects, but generally it does not happen on stage at political conventions.

http://www.mediaite....-apart-romneys/

I ain't really one that follows politics, but this was just awesome on so many levels :xD:
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#1323 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:32

FRANKFURT/BOSTON, Sept 18 (Reuters) - The German government urged the public on Tuesday to temporarily stop using Microsoft Corp's Internet Explorer following discovery of a yet-to-be repaired bug in the Web browser that the software maker said makes PCs vulnerable hacker attacks.

http://www.reuters.c...E8KILM020120918

There, IE really isn't much good for your computer :xD:

Sareen said:

#1324 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:55

IE has had many (as in, at least 10) serious compromising security issues in the past, nothing new.

Posted Image

#1325 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:58

http://wwos.ninemsn....aspx?id=8536689

[qoute]A motorbike rider bizarrely faked injury in an attempt to stop a race he was in after he crashed and could not get his bike restarted.
Marlinton dos Reis Teixeira, known by his nickname 'Kalunga', slid on a corner in rainy conditions during the Rio Grande do Sul State Moto Grand Prix in Brazil, causing his bike to stall.
Kalunga failed to get his bike to start and was losing valuable time. He then walked to the middle of the track and threw himself on the ground pretending to be badly injured in an attempt to get the race red-flagged.
Several riders passed their stricken competitor before some eventually stopped to give assistance.
Kalunga was placed on a stretcher and put in the back of an ambulance.
The MotoRacing Association of Rio Grande do Sul State later found out about Kalunga's apparent fake injury and banned the rider from the championship.[/qoute]
He must have been an ex-soccar player :xD:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users