• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 17 April 2008 - 21:54

*Looks at last post date*
Oh my it's been awhile.
*Blows off dust*
*Cough*

Ok, I have a new sig and I may make more.

I decided to take my time with it and screw around with the various options, I was using Photoshop Elements 5.0 btw :P .
Posted Image

I'm quite proud of it and it's also my SOTW entry.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#52 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 22:02

Pretty cool, the main "bad" point would be font/style of font, doesn't blend in well enough with the rest of the sig imo, but other than that looking good...

... especially considering the last post date in this thread :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#53 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 22:04

Yet well the school computers didn't have the kind of Font I really wanted, so I went with that one. As for the color, maybe I should of went with red :P .

Edited by Soul, 17 April 2008 - 22:04.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#54 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 22:09

well maybe a start, but when adding text, you should really be thinking of it as part of the sig, it just fit in as much as any other part of the sig. So i would also start messing around with opacity, layer styles (if it has it in elements, never used it...) and various other filter.

And yeah, tis a bugger when you cant install fonts, but one solution i use (when im too lazy to download) is to got dafont, type in the sample text (that you want to put in the sig) and then simply copy + paste into the sig, it may not be true text, but at the end of the day, who gives a damn? :P

also, moved to forum art...
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#55 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 22:18

Yet well, I did experiment with various filters and layers, that's how I got the effect of the outer shadow for it. Next one I'm going to experiment with some other stuff and see what i get :P .

I'm really trying to improve really.

Edited by Soul, 25 July 2008 - 00:11.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 17 April 2008 - 22:19

A quick suggestion. I know its hard, but seriously, get GIMP. Its much more powerful than Elements (POS I used to use, no offense to those who use it, but its not much good). I can help you learn to use it, it doesn't take long, and tbqh, I think I've gotten some good results (look at my current sig). If you want to stick with the current font, just change the color (to red). But, I think it might be hard to read if you do, so... Duplicate the layers the font is on, rasterize the text (I think this is possible/nescessary in elements, to be honest, its been to long since I used it) select filters-blur-gaussian blur, about 5 vertical, 5 horizontal, and colourize the layer white or black. If that made no sense at all, add me on MSN, and I'll boot up elements (its still on my machine, for some reason I'm not entirely sure of) and see what I can do to help explain.
~Swimmer
kinda, sorta alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users